collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: BCS National Championship  (Read 10992 times)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Re: BCS National Championship
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2013, 11:29:56 AM »
I realize this was directed at brewcity but I pointed out that ND was not a legit title contender in this thread on January 7, 2013 at 1:37pm.
Typically teams that get as many breaks as ND has gotten this season have their bubble burst at some point. Let's face it, ND is a 9-3 team that lucked their way to 12-0. It's one thing to play poorly and need a couple breaks to sneak past Pitt or Purdue. It's another to try to do that against the defending national champs.

Credence me!
Done!  ;D

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2013, 12:07:40 PM »
I'll spot you SC and Bama, but FL embarrassed themselves against Louisville.

Already been discussed. Have them play again in a game that actually has some meaning/consequences, and see how it turns out.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2013, 03:42:46 PM »
Favorite or not, UGA would have crushed ND the same way Alabama did. Also if ND plays the same schedule as uga they lose to SC, FL, Bama, at minimum.

No offense, but I'll take Vegas's opinion over yours.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2013, 03:49:08 PM »
Already been discussed. Have them play again in a game that actually has some meaning/consequences, and see how it turns out.

Bowl games seem to be relevant when people want to claim how dominant the SEC is, but it's interesting how bowl games become irrelevant when the SEC loses in them.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2013, 04:16:30 PM »
Bowl games seem to be relevant when people want to claim how dominant the SEC is, but it's interesting how bowl games become irrelevant when the SEC loses in them.

How do you figure?

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2013, 05:38:20 PM »
I didn't watch this game for 2 reasons:
1. I hate all these new-found ND fans. I myself am not a fan, but I know that ND has had some pretty brutal seasons not too long ago. At least admit that you are a bandwagon fan. You were not there for when they sucked.
2. I hate the SEC and particularly Alabama. I hate Nick Saban and that whole team. I really thought this was going to be the year of No-SEC, but then Oregon and K-State had to blow it. Oh well, there is always next year.

And I would just like to say that McCarron's girlfriend is highly over-rated. that is all.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2013, 05:58:11 PM »
I didn't watch this game for 2 reasons:
1. I hate all these new-found ND fans. I myself am not a fan, but I know that ND has had some pretty brutal seasons not too long ago. At least admit that you are a bandwagon fan. You were not there for when they sucked.
2. I hate the SEC and particularly Alabama. I hate Nick Saban and that whole team. I really thought this was going to be the year of No-SEC, but then Oregon and K-State had to blow it. Oh well, there is always next year.

And I would just like to say that McCarron's girlfriend is highly over-rated. that is all.

LOL!  Nobody that good looking has ever stepped foot anywhere NEAR Marquette's campus.  You must be from out of this geographic region and have a BABE!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2013, 06:07:00 PM »
Lazer, can you show me where Vegas said uga would have opened as a 3 pt dog to nd?  Not saying I don't believe you read that, I just don't believe it.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2013, 07:13:46 PM »
LOL!  Nobody that good looking has ever stepped foot anywhere NEAR Marquette's campus.  You must be from out of this geographic region and have a BABE!

I am particularly fond of my current partner (;
I just think AJ's is extremely high-maintenance and extremely obsessed with how she looks. I've never really been drawn to girls that value their appearance too much (i.e a pageant queen, which is exactly what she is.) hahahah. And the fact she's  probably from the deep south. Could not get along. Hahahaha.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2013, 03:25:31 PM »

Maybe, but that seems to always be the excuse when one of these heavyweights lose to a team they shouldn't.  Maybe it's just because they were outplayed that day.  Florida didn't exactly look very good in some games this year.  Anyone remember 14-7 over Missouri (that's 5-7 Missouri).  Or how about 27-20 over Louisiana Lafayette where the Gators scored on a blocked punt with 2 seconds in the game to win it.

Florida had their share of craptacular football games where they squeaked out wins this year.  Didn't work in the Sugar Bowl.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2013, 03:36:33 PM »
Lazer, can you show me where Vegas said uga would have opened as a 3 pt dog to nd?  Not saying I don't believe you read that, I just don't believe it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/25/odds-notre-dame-alabama-georgia-bcs-national-title/1725359/

2.5 points according to this article

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2013, 03:41:56 PM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2013, 04:11:55 PM »
Errr ... BCS computer ranking declares Notre Dame national champion.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21534509/notre-dame-still-1-in-one-bcs-computer-ranking

Always believed margin of victory should be factored in, but the powers that be say that will encourage teams to run up the score.  Well, seems a simple fix is to put in a diminishing returns principle.  Once you beat a team by X (say 28 points), you get no more brownie points.

It drives me nuts that a 52-0 victory is treated the same as a 28-27 victory. 

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2013, 05:32:18 PM »
Thx for the article.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt