Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[May 31, 2024, 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Georgetown game thread  (Read 10396 times)

NickelDimer

• All American
Re: Georgetown game thread
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2013, 03:11:02 PM »
This one's gonna sting!

Reverse jinx suck it!
No Finish Line

The Process

• All American
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2013, 03:12:57 PM »
Ok, Lockett SOTG, if we pull this one out.

After that boneheaded foul on the 3, not a chance.
Relax. Respect the Process.

hoyasincebirth

• Team Captain
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »
Good game guys. Frustrating. I thought we would win on several occasions. Ball didn't bounce our way today. Got really unlucky, but that's part of the game. I really thought we had it when we were fouled on that three pointer. I thought it was going to be a mirror of our only other victory in Milwaukee as Johnathan wallace nailed three free throws to send the game to overtime in a very similar game. Alas it wasn't too be. Oh well. On to the next one. If we had to lose I guess I'd prefer it be to you. Hopefully we can rebound against Pitt. In both senses since our rebounding was terrible.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2013, 03:14:05 PM »
After that boneheaded foul on the 3, not a chance.

9 points 10 rebounds and two very important blocks.  I'll forgive the one bad play.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2013, 03:15:08 PM »
9 points 10 rebounds and two very important blocks.  I'll forgive the one bad play.

That one bad play was about as bad as you can get, though.  If that was Blue that did that, I bet a good contingent of the folks here would be chasing him down with pitchforks.

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2013, 03:16:58 PM »
Good game guys. Frustrating. I thought we would win on several occasions. Ball didn't bounce our way today. Got really unlucky, but that's part of the game. I really thought we had it when we were fouled on that three pointer. I thought it was going to be a mirror of our only other victory in Milwaukee as Johnathan wallace nailed three free throws to send the game to overtime in a very similar game. Alas it wasn't too be. Oh well. On to the next one. If we had to lose I guess I'd prefer it be to you. Hopefully we can rebound against Pitt. In both senses since our rebounding was terrible.

Nail biting big east game.  Great, classy post.  You guys have a great team and unreal defense.  Good luck the rest of the way.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2013, 03:17:32 PM »

Thanks, I'll root for you guys except on Feb 11 (when you'll likely even the record).  I thought all along you'd pull this one out (especially with our "gift" at the end) but happy to have the ball bounce our way.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2013, 03:18:11 PM »
That one bad play was about as bad as you can get, though.  If that was Blue that did that, I bet a good contingent of the folks here would be chasing him down with pitchforks.

When you play with your heart on your sleeve the entire game you can't just turn off aggressiveness.  I think he intended of flying by in front, and jumped closer to him than he intended.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2013, 03:19:47 PM »
When you play with your heart on your sleeve the entire game you can't just turn off aggressiveness.  I think he intended of flying by in front, and jumped closer to him than he intended.

So the next time Blue does something like this, you can chalk it up to him playing with his heart on his sleeve and being aggressive.  Good?  Good.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »
Yes - and these announcers are REALLY in the tank for G

Nonsense. The typical  victimization of the unsophisticated fan.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2013, 03:21:48 PM »

Yet Lockett almost made another boneheaded foul on his missed FT at the end with Lubick 85 feet from the basket attempting the heave?!

Bonehead plays aside, this was Trent's best game at MU..he at least always plays hard with everything he's got.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2013, 03:23:43 PM »
Wow...and Lockett almost got another foul on his FT miss with Lubick 85 feet away from the hoop...wtf is the guy thinking??

When they blew the whistle, I thought they had called another foul on him. Plus what was he doing with those two free throws?

The Process

• All American
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2013, 03:25:04 PM »
When they blew the whistle, I thought they had called another foul on him.

So did I.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2013, 03:26:32 PM »
When they blew the whistle, I thought they had called another foul on him. Plus what was he doing with those two free throws?

I thought they called a foul on Gardner on the reach in for the rebound.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2013, 03:27:29 PM »

I couldn't believe any MU players were even on the fouline lineup.  Don't take a chance.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2013, 03:47:57 PM »
YAAAAY!!!!!  That was awesome!!  Ugly and nerve-racking, but awesome!!  Go Marquette!!!

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2013, 04:11:49 PM »
I couldn't believe any MU players were even on the fouline lineup.  Don't take a chance.

I think you have to put two people there just so there's somebody between GU and an open look. But you don't even have the MU players jump to contest the rebound.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2013, 05:00:26 PM »
How's the crowd look?  No panorama of the BC on ESPN3 yet...

Lower bowl, including student section, full (and students on their game, I thought).  400 level close to full in middle sections; one end filled about halfway up, the other about 70% up.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2013, 06:31:26 PM »

Let the great rivalry continue.  Thanks for your participation on scoop.  I'm cheering for all C7 schools from now on.

john31

« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2013, 08:28:13 PM »

As some other posters have said, a classy post. I couldn't agree more. Not the prettiest game to watch but adds to the rivalry which is a very good thing. Looking forward to the C-7. Ring out Ahoya and good luck to the Hoyas.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2013, 09:49:12 PM »
Any more questions about Lockett?  Predict SOTG....

Ahem.

Get 'er done Rocky.   ;)

chren21

• All American
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2013, 06:18:40 AM »
Lower bowl, including student section, full (and students on their game, I thought).  400 level close to full in middle sections; one end filled about halfway up, the other about 70% up.

I was disappointed with the crowd.  You were impressed huh?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2013, 09:13:15 AM »
I was disappointed with the crowd.  You were impressed huh?

For a game over winter break, especially on an afternoon when 90% of the sports fans in the city were gearing up for a Packer playoff game, it was a pretty good crowd. It wasn't a great crowd, but when was the last time we had a great crowd before classes were back in session?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback