[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Galway Eagle
[Today at 04:04:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [MJS Blog] Mayo coming back? Not so fast  (Read 6509 times)

g0lden3agle

• All American
Re: [MJS Blog] Mayo coming back? Not so fast
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 08:58:55 AM »
Hunt is obviously holding a grudge - Todd made him look foolish when he got himself suspended after Mike wrote an article about Mayo getting his stuff together.

Is this the article you're referring to? 

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/174097831.html

Seems even back in October Mike was very hesitant to praise Mayo for sorting things out.  The article even ends with "We'll see."  Maybe there's another article you are referring to where Mike was more positive on Mayo as a person, but I couldn't seem to find it.  Seems more like that from the start Mike hasn't really bought into Mayo as being the best of characters, and has kept that tone in his articles.  Now whether he should be injecting so much opinion of one's character into his reporting is another question.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 09:01:03 AM »
Facepalm. This article and thread are both silly and dumb.

Either way, hopefully the kid grows up and realizes a good education is in front of him and also a great opportunity to play some quality ball. Not saying that he will do either of those things but for his sake.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 09:18:20 AM »
That darn Michael Hunt. First he turned Mayo into a guy who couldn't hit a shot during the Big East season. Then he turned Mayo into an immature kid who wouldn't study. Now he has the temerity to take a wait-and-see attitude on Mayo. When, oh when, will Hunt get on Mayo's side and start planning the parade in his honor?

Exactly.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 09:20:25 AM »
First of all, what evidence is there of heart and work ethic?  

Hmmm, maybe the fact that he has a proven track record of not doing the best at previous academic institutions, and since most people here look at Marquette as a good school academically it would be understandable for one to think "hey, it was difficult for me to get my education and i came from a family that pushed academics as the focal point, it's probably really hard for a student like Mayo given his previous track record"

Also, what does Europe have to do with it?  (More opinion.)

Does the word "possibly" give any clue it wasn't a certainty?  The point is Todd had options, and did a noble thing for pushing hard to get his academics in order.

I didn't know everything had to be factual here, perhaps we should get rid of all of these apocryphal post about conference alignment?

1. Then he should go to class more often.
2. Getting his academics in order were the best of his options.  I'm not exactly sure what is "noble" about a college student actually deciding to go to class and studying.  It is kind of what they are there to do.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 09:26:16 AM »

1. Then he should go to class more often.
2. Getting his academics in order were the best of his options.  I'm not exactly sure what is "noble" about a college student actually deciding to go to class and studying.  It is kind of what they are there to do.

Oh, Sultan, you're just holding a grudge because Michael Hunt kept you from reaching your potential, too!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback