[Today at 03:00:28 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Pakuni
[Today at 02:26:49 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Without health insurance? What's the real number?  (Read 14499 times)

Phi Iota Gamma 84

• Team Captain
Re: Without health insurance? What's the real number?
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 03:22:29 PM »
This is one of those issues that I can argue equally passionately either side of the issue depending on my mood.   There are many potential benefits from a single payer systerm.   There are as many persuasive arguments against it.

Theoretically you could argue for a single payer being more efficient and less expensive, and then the reality that the single payer is our over promising under delivering government kicks in and you realize NFW. 
There is nothing less productive than doing more efficiently that which should not be done at all-Peter Drucker

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 03:58:34 PM »
Absolutely right P>I>G>, but  would that be worse than a guy in a cubicle 1000 miles away telling your doctor what are and aren't appropriate treatments of your condition, when his primary concern isn't your health but making sure his insurance company is profitable?  I agree that the government as sole administrator would be ridiculous.   But our current system isn't ideal, either.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2007, 11:44:44 AM »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »
Consider yourselves lucky. In the West Coast, the health care premiums are exceedingly higher than the rest of the country. Couple that with high cost of living AND closing hospitals...ugh...need I mention clinics overburdened with illegal immigrants  - which I'm sure outnumber those in the upper midwest.
SS Marquette