[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Mitt will never be pres...  (Read 6952 times)

ilovefreeway

Murffieus

• All American
Re: Mitt will never be pres...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 07:26:36 AM »
Well, he's leading in the early primaries (NH & Iowa) plus he's running strong in nevada----early success in primaries and caucases have usually carried the day to the nomination.

Some believe his mormon beliefs will eliminate him-----IMO if he doesn't make it that won't be the reason------country has come a long way in that regard over the previous 50 years----and even back then John Kennedy was able to neutralize religious bigotry!

Like Kennedy, Mitt  can sell and has great stage presence whether one agrees with him or not!

ilovefreeway

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 08:11:47 AM »
Well, he's leading in the early primaries (NH & Iowa) plus he's running strong in nevada----early success in primaries and caucases have usually carried the day to the nomination.

Some believe his mormon beliefs will eliminate him-----IMO if he doesn't make it that won't be the reason------country has come a long way in that regard over the previous 50 years----and even back then John Kennedy was able to neutralize religious bigotry!

Like Kennedy, Mitt  can sell and has great stage presence whether one agrees with him or not!

Wow, has age really killed your sense of humor that much.  I was attempting to make a joke.  The angle of the photo has distorted his limbs.  It was a joke.  Or is this just your auto-post to any topic Mitt is in?

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 10:15:59 AM »
Joke or not----I thought you'd be interested in something substantive. When reading a post it's impossible to tell the purpose or intent of the poster----ridicule or just everyday hi-jinks.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 10:17:57 AM by Murffieus »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 12:27:36 PM »
The GOP is going to get slaughtered in this next election, even more so then in 2006.  They have more seats up for grabs then the Dems do.  The Dems have $100 million more raised then the GOP does.  They will have all 3 branches of gov't come 2009....a few SC's will announce their retirement and swing the court as well.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 12:53:56 PM »
The GOP is going to get slaughtered in this next election, even more so then in 2006.  They have more seats up for grabs then the Dems do.  The Dems have $100 million more raised then the GOP does.  They will have all 3 branches of gov't come 2009....a few SC's will announce their retirement and swing the court as well.

You may be right about Congress and the White House, but the Supreme Court ain't swinging anytime soon.
Three of the four members of the solid conservative block - Thomas, Alito and Roberts - are in their 50s and won't be retiring anytime soon, barring unexpected illness. Scalia is 71, but appears healthy as a horse and would probably rather have an eye gouged out with a dull pencil than let a Democrat choose his successor.
The two most likely retirees - Stevens and Ginsburg - lean hard left, so a Democratic president and Congress won't be shifting anything no matter who they place on the bench.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 01:12:30 PM »
Chico----could be if things don't improve in Iraq----but if they do look for a GOP President and a GOP house-----but probably a Dem Senate.

Seems to me things have stablized dramatiacally in Iraq the last few weeks-----I mean Hillary was for the war----then makes a 180 degree turn calling for surrender (troop withdrawls)----in the event things stabalize she'd really have to eat crow publicly (that's why the Dems want us out).

I can see it now----ticker tape parades for General Petraeus as an American hero-----also 3rd party swiftboat type ads depicting Bill Clinton shaking his finger at the American Public ("I did not have sex with that women")----the Clintons will look like the phonies they are!

It all depends on Iraq in the next year!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 01:41:50 PM »

You may be right about Congress and the White House, but the Supreme Court ain't swinging anytime soon.
Three of the four members of the solid conservative block - Thomas, Alito and Roberts - are in their 50s and won't be retiring anytime soon, barring unexpected illness. Scalia is 71, but appears healthy as a horse and would probably rather have an eye gouged out with a dull pencil than let a Democrat choose his successor.
The two most likely retirees - Stevens and Ginsburg - lean hard left, so a Democratic president and Congress won't be shifting anything no matter who they place on the bench.

I think Kennedy is going to retire, he's somewhat of a swing vote and will be replaced by a rock hard liberal.  That's where I think the swing will take place.

Murffius, we will have a female president in 2009...and her name could be John Edwards.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 07:37:29 PM »
I'm watching her as they debate----that haircut which allows "her" hair to be combed forward from a clump of hair on the back part of her head appears to cover up a bald spot !

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 08:46:38 PM »
I'm watching her as they debate----that haircut which allows "her" hair to be combed forward from a clump of hair on the back part of her head appears to cover up a bald spot !

Al gore was thinning and balding pretty bad when he was campaigning at MU in 2000.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 11:24:19 AM »

feedback