[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SOTG  (Read 4729 times)

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
Re: SOTG
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2019, 09:01:58 PM »

Markus  (Here he comes to save the day)
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2019, 09:21:31 PM »
One thing Wojo has been very good at is recognizing the hot hand

Agreed.

He also has managed minutes for our bigs well over the years. Tonight was a real challenge in that department, and he did a good job.

As for the contention that "no one else has stepped up" offensively except for Markus ... McEwen stepping up was the main reason we won the Purdue game. And I agree with brewski that Sacar was quite effective tonight.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2019, 09:31:25 PM »
Markus was special offensively, especially down the stretch - put the team on his back.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2019, 10:40:59 PM »
Markus is the SOTG and a hat tip to the defense tonight.  Holding Davidson to no 3-pointers is very impressive.  3Pt % is a lot of luck but good defense helps, too

The defensive rebounding us poor, but the defense is pretty good.  If we could find some consistant scoring the team can be pretty good.  If not maybe Markus can average 40 a night n carry us like tonight
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2019, 12:45:36 AM »
If Markus doesn't take over, we lose that game by 15-20 points.

So lucky to have that Warrior on our team.

Kudos also to Wojo for recognizing that it was "Markus or bust" in this game and putting him on the ball.

This is the lamest Wojo apologist Kool-aid toast I've seen this year.

If our gameplan has to resemble a 12 year old playing a video game against even mediocre mid-majors, that's not a coaching success, in my humble opinion. Is Plan B always going to be "Markus go figure it out?" Why do we have to rely on Markus scoring 40 to beat a sub-500 team?

Not a single shot from our bigs tonight. Not one shot taken in 40 minutes? And only 3 shots attempted for Greg and Jamal combined? What kind of gameplan calls for this? I love seeing Markus go off, but that can't be assumed in the  gameplan. That's too much to ask of him.

We have talent on the roster. We have guys that are capable of scoring more than we've seen this year. Wojo needs to utilize his tools better. He's like a carpenter trying to build an entire house with just a screwdriver. Use the other tools!

1SE

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2019, 05:20:52 AM »
Some serious ESPN shade - Markus goes for 40 (a pretty big deal in CBB I would say) and it's not anywhere on the landing page. I guess maybe the interns had an early bedtime last night?
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2019, 05:45:39 AM »
Some serious ESPN shade - Markus goes for 40 (a pretty big deal in CBB I would say) and it's not anywhere on the landing page. I guess maybe the interns had an early bedtime last night?
Yeah let's be honest, marquette is unranked and does not look very good. Davidson looks pretty bad and it's a first round game. They 2-4 now. Cant. Really.expext articles all over the place from ESPN.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2019, 06:58:40 AM »
Thankfully Markus got the hot hand.
Definitely the SOTG. 
Hopefully other players can pick up or team will be same version of last year minus Sam & Joey Hauser.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2019, 07:45:34 AM »
Yeah let's be honest, marquette is unranked and does not look very good. Davidson looks pretty bad and it's a first round game. They 2-4 now. Cant. Really.expext articles all over the place from ESPN.

Sure, but there will be what, a dozen 40 pt games all year? You'd think 40 from a pre-season 1st team all american a Wooden Award finalist would generate at least SOME buzz...
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2019, 11:26:17 AM »

If our gameplan has to resemble a 12 year old playing a video game against even mediocre mid-majors, that's not a coaching success, in my humble opinion. Is Plan B always going to be "Markus go figure it out?" Why do we have to rely on Markus scoring 40 to beat a sub-500 team?

Not a single shot from our bigs tonight. Not one shot taken in 40 minutes? And only 3 shots attempted for Greg and Jamal combined? What kind of gameplan calls for this? I love seeing Markus go off, but that can't be assumed in the  gameplan. That's too much to ask of him.

We have talent on the roster. We have guys that are capable of scoring more than we've seen this year. Wojo needs to utilize his tools better. He's like a carpenter trying to build an entire house with just a screwdriver. Use the other tools!

Not sure I agree there is all that much talent. In watching a lot of games over the past few weeks I've realized how bad our bigs are offensively. We have athleticism on the wings but again not sure how much talent is there. Guys other than Markus were 1-7 on wide open threes. Koby bricked a few layups and went 0-8 on mostly good shots. If you're role players (other than Sacar) are missing every shot they take, I'm really not sure what you're supposed to do.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2019, 01:29:26 PM »

I respectfully disagree with your post and stick to my "lame" observation. Have a nice afternoon.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson