[Today at 11:19:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 10:47:01 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Larry Williams  (Read 14661 times)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: Larry Williams
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2012, 08:41:43 AM »
I don't like Larry, therefore I think his hat is dumb.

I like Larry, therefore I think his hat made him look like an "everyday kinda guy".

I don't care about Larry, and I don't care about his stupid hat.

The correct answer is #3. Always remember that.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2012, 08:47:45 AM »
choice #4 I am not so shallow that I look for stupid things to criticise.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2012, 08:52:52 AM »
Every Athletic Director (all three) associated with the Carrier Classic was a Domer.  In the epic struggle of Man vs. Nature, only a Domer would be arrogant enough to think Man would win this one.

Meanwhile, the butcher, the baker, and the floor wiper was left to do a real man's job. ;D

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2012, 08:54:38 AM »
Had a terrible dream last night .....

A skinny Buzz just led Kansas to a national championship and was cutting nets while Larry was cutting my lawn.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2012, 09:34:37 AM »
I don't have any opinion on LW as a person or on his hat last night, but I do subscribe to the notion that as a semi-public figure representing MU, he should look presentable.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2012, 11:18:26 AM »
You guy are acting as if he was wearing shorts and a t-shirt or something.   He had a suit jacket, a button down shirt and dress pants.  Yeah, and a cammo Marquette hat.  He looked a little fashion challenge, but was more than "presentable."

Then I saw complaints that he wasn't involved in the discussions like Gene Smith was.  Of course we know that if he did engage in these discussions that he would be accused of stepping on Buzz's toes while making a basketball decision.

Yeah, I know I come off as a LW defender.  I frankly am pretty neutral on him so far, but I think ragging on this kind of stuff makes people sound very petty.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2012, 11:54:18 AM »

Yeah, I know I come off as a LW defender.  I frankly am pretty neutral on him so far, but I think ragging on this kind of stuff makes people sound very petty.

Some folks can't take off their anti Notre Dame glasses.  In High School I hated everything about the 'Eddies' at Marquette High.  In college many became my friends.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2012, 11:57:19 AM »
II dont understand this thread
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

jfmu

• Starter
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2012, 12:01:53 PM »
was it sweaty?  kinda looked like a camo pattern to go with the unis.

If that was camo I stand corrected. To me it looked like salt stains from a old hat

nyg

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2012, 12:03:30 PM »
If that was camo I stand corrected. To me it looked like salt stains from a old hat

Salt stained MU Golf hat. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2012, 12:23:44 PM »
Sorry for the margin fXXX...but a MU Golf hat that is salt/sweat stained according to Scoop CSI.  Three things:
1.  Larry is dressed fine.
2.  This was a ND alum network deal...kudos to Larry for getting MU into this big event.  He bet big but this also missed big.  IF MU knew the water was an issue Thursday night, Larry should have insisted it be moved.  That is his job.  That said, this was an awesome event if it would have come off. Excellent opportunity.
3.  Some need to grow a recognition of an irreverent sense of humor here. 

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »
Why are we getting on Larry for his dress -- Ohio State's AD is wearing Mom Jeans.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2012, 12:51:08 PM »
Buzz looked like a roadie for Captain and Tenille.  Who cares.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

romey

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2012, 12:54:28 PM »
I found it interesteing how the commentators kept pointing out how the Ohio State Athletic Director and the coaches were involved in conversations with the officials about whether to play or not.  They made that point at least three or four times and I don't believe they ever mentioned LW as part of that discussion - almost as if they didn't recognize him, or were ignoring the fact that he was in the huddles.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2012, 12:57:59 PM »
Buzz looked like a roadie for Captain and Tenille.  Who cares.

Ah, nothing like a little "Muscrat Love" reference on a Fall Saturday afternoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBYV_7a0FQs

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2012, 01:05:39 PM »
I found it interesteing how the commentators kept pointing out how the Ohio State Athletic Director and the coaches were involved in conversations with the officials about whether to play or not.  They made that point at least three or four times and I don't believe they ever mentioned LW as part of that discussion - almost as if they didn't recognize him, or were ignoring the fact that he was in the huddles.

I believe Gene Smith was the chair of a recent NCAA Tournament Committee. Also, his name and face have been shown quite a bit due to all their scandals. I'd probably take it as a good sign they don't recognize or think it's notable to mention Larry Williams.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2012, 01:53:30 PM »
Larry's hat didn't bother me.   I have a couple of MU hats more sweatstained than that one.   Larry did nothing wrong here.      The fact that there was concerns about the condensation 24 hours prior and they didn't go to Plan B is far more troubling. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2012, 05:12:41 PM »
Larry's hat didn't bother me.   I have a couple of MU hats more sweatstained than that one.   Larry did nothing wrong here.      The fact that there was concerns about the condensation 24 hours prior and they didn't go to Plan B is far more troubling. 

If the hat was sweat stained, I have a hard time understanding how the sweat got out to the edge of the visor.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2012, 05:14:58 PM »
Does Larry even play golf? Maybe he found the brim layin' around the Old Gym, yelled "finders, keepers," and decided to rock it.

Yes, with Buzz of all people.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback