[Today at 10:19:19 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette memorbilia and charity auction  (Read 4804 times)

shaquilvaine

• Starter
Marquette memorbilia and charity auction
« on: July 13, 2007, 10:25:03 PM »
I asked this on Marquettehoops.com and didn't get an answer.  I'm involved in a charity auction for a child with a terminal illness. Several hundred people will be present for the auction, many of whom are MU fans.  I contacted the athletic office to solicit some MU stuff that can be auctioned off.  While they were gracious in helping me out, they gave me five things... a D Wade figurine, Mo lucas bobblehead, keychain, Dwade tshirt and a notepad.  I don't think this will go for a high price.  I am looking to up the ante to raise money for this child and to raise money to fight the disease she is suffering from.  Does anyone know where I can purchase or obtain any signed D Wade memorbilia?  Also, while it is a longshot, does anyone know the best means to contact former players Novak, Wade and Diener about donating memorbilia for the auction?  Any input is appreciated!

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
Re: Marquette memorbilia and charity auction
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 10:33:12 PM »
I work for the TRiO programs at Marquette, and we had Wade, before a Heat game, come visit the kids at the BC. He was way to gracious for someone making that kind of money -- a team manager had to come drag him downstairs to warm up. Anyway, on Monday I'll ask around how they made the contact. I'm pretty sure it was a matter of getting ahold of the Heat PR to get the ball rolling. Not sure how long it took in all, though, so hopefully your deadline isn't to soon.

Good luck!

n
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 10:46:24 PM »
Thanks much... I really appreciate this.  This whole thing is really important to me.  I was hoping for a little better haul from the athletic dept.  I can't complain given donating something is better than nothing, but what was donated won't generate much money in the auction.  I  am hoping to obtain something more valuable to be auctioned off and am even willing to pay for it out of pocket if necessary.  Local sports memorbilia stores carry VERY LITTLE MU stuff.  Most claim its because the university restricts them from selling MU stuff, so I haven't found anything yet.  Thanks again for looking into it. If you strike out, no worries. 

Shaq

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 08:46:30 AM »
A co-worker told me a story .. he ran a charity auction and paid for a framed Wade jersey, I think he risked $800 .. and put it in the auction.

Two very wealthy .. and drunk .. guys started bidding on it.  It ended at $14,000.  Talk about return on investment!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 01:03:09 AM »
Besides sportscards, Rich Altman's Hollywood Collectibles has an exclusive signing agreement with Dwyane Wade.

Here's his site: http://www.hollywoodcollectibles.com/dwyanewade.aspx

I have one of his auto'd cards through Hollywood and it comes with a COA and pic of the actual signing of your item.

This one is $179...

This one is $375 framed (recognize the poster)...

Also, I do not think the Wade "jerseys" are "authentic" even though they state so...they don't even provide a scan of the front...but the rest of the other jerseys seem to be the actual NBA replica, swingman, and authentic varieties.

Edit: Actually he has these (NBA Replicas) on sale for $250 each...FREE ground shipping...

« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 01:10:04 AM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette