[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: ...but at least al qaeda is under control.....  (Read 13611 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: ...but at least al qaeda is under control.....
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 01:52:51 PM »
Failed war and failed strategy.....looks like you got the Harry Reid talking points down pat.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 02:23:22 PM »
muarmy----are you aware of the fact that it took the continetal congress 5 years to work out a constitution 1782-87 and then another 2 years (1789) before it was ratified by all 13 states?

Nation building takes time !

If we leave now, Iraq doesn't have a chance!

"I don't think our troops ought to be used for what's called nation-building."

- George W. Bush, Oct. 11, 2000

p.s. Comparing what happened in the late 18th Century at a time when the notion of a representative government was unheard of to something occurring more than 220 years later (when their are dozens of such governments after which Iraq could model itself) is about as silly as it gets.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 07:27:57 PM »
muarmy----are you aware of the fact that it took the continetal congress 5 years to work out a constitution 1782-87 and then another 2 years (1789) before it was ratified by all 13 states?

p.s. Comparing what happened in the late 18th Century at a time when the notion of a representative government was unheard of to something occurring more than 220 years later (when their are dozens of such governments after which Iraq could model itself) is about as silly as it gets.

At least you got the date right....what happened 11 months later that changed a lot of minds...including his?  I'll give you a hint...NYC 9/11/01.

I guess Tony Blair, Howard of Australia, Spain, Italy, Poland, etc .... were all just "silly" then.  It's funny how "silly" everyone was, when they really only had to seek your advice and others.  It's amazing how "silly" they all were when they went into Iraq...what a bunch of silly leaders this world has.  And God forbid they took out one of the world's worst and are trying to establish a democracy there now.  What disgusting acts on their part.   ::)

I'm off to Vegas.  Have a great weekend.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 08:04:01 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2007, 08:10:39 AM »
Chicos-----don't you know that GWB lied to John Kerry, Harry Reid, Hillary, etc who all voted for the war-------as well as Tony Blair, Howard and the rest of the coalition leadership insofar as reasons to invade Ieaq.

Never mind the fact that they all saw the exact same intelligence that GWB did----pre invasion which made the case for war!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2007, 10:10:23 AM »

At least you got the date right....what happened 11 months later that changed a lot of minds...including his?  I'll give you a hint...NYC 9/11/01.

I guess Tony Blair, Howard of Australia, Spain, Italy, Poland, etc .... were all just "silly" then.  It's funny how "silly" everyone was, when they really only had to seek your advice and others.  It's amazing how "silly" they all were when they went into Iraq...what a bunch of silly leaders this world has.  And God forbid they took out one of the world's worst and are trying to establish a democracy there now.  What disgusting acts on their part.   ::)

Ah Chico's ... I hope you weren't as far off the mark at the tables this weekend as you were in this post.

You know full well I never said anything about Britain, Italy, Australia, etc. being silly. Your disingenuity, as well as eagerness to inject a straw man, surprises and astounds me.
The silliness at work was Murff's crazy attempt to make the drafting of the U.S. Constitution more than 200 years ago analogous to what's happening today in Iraq. You and I both know the two situations are nothing alike. If you'd like a detailed list of why, I'd be happy to provide one.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2007, 11:14:47 AM »
No too situations are "exactly" a like-----but two situations can be "similar".

The continetal congress also had deep philosophical differences about how things should be shaped post war, which is very similar in that there are major differences in Iraq among politicians.

Takes time-----look at our current congress----there is so much devisiveness that they have yet to pass a bill!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2007, 12:52:42 PM »

Yes.

This world has a bunch of silly leaders.
SS Marquette

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2007, 02:10:17 PM »
Are you saying that Tony Blair is a "silly" leader?-------I hope you were referring to te leaders of Venuzuela, Iran, and North Korea!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2007, 08:59:24 PM »
What I also don't understand is if you're hanging on to the "no nation building" comment from 2000 during a campaign, yet you supported us going into Afghanistan...what did you expect us to do after we went into Afghanistan...bomb and leave?  I mean of course we were going to have to do nation building there so it seems totally contradictory to your own beliefs in 2001 when we went to Afghanistan.

Frankly, I'm still trying to understand the left's position on Al Queda.  For some time now they harp again and again and again that we "should have gone after Al Queda".  Well, we know where Al Queda is in large quantities...Iraq...yet they want to pull us out of Iraq.  So is it that they wanted us to go after Al Queda yesterday, but not today?  Makes no sense.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2007, 09:23:54 PM »
The liberals think the Al Quida in the Pakistan/Afghanistan area are the real Al Quida-----never mind that Bin Laden himself said that Iraq was the central war on the "crusaders" !

feedback