Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JaJuan To MU  (Read 23961 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: JaJuan To MU
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2012, 02:55:42 PM »
GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2012, 02:56:40 PM »
Welcome aboard Trey J! We may be one or two over for next year, but I'm sure it will all work itself out.

What exactly are the rules for oversigning? I still don't really get basketball oversigning rules at all.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2012, 03:09:42 PM »
next up Embiid

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2012, 03:12:56 PM »
What exactly are the rules for oversigning? I still don't really get basketball oversigning rules at all.

Schools can oversign by one.  Now I am not sure what the Otule situation has to do with that...does he count even though I am not sure he is official.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2012, 03:37:19 PM »
Or just wait for the next party where a player doesn't take no for an answer. That will open up a spot

Man, there are some serious losers on this board.

Warriors 79

• Scholarship Player
  • The only hotter lady is my wife....
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2012, 03:39:38 PM »
Love all the cynics on this Board.  Where are our Buzz Cut trolls? Figure they would be out in big numbers to play the Count Schollies Game. I see the Bucky trolls have gone silent.  Nothing like a top 10 recruiting class to shut them all up.  Liking that  a lot.

If you don't think Buzz has an overall plan for all his recruiting, you haven't paid attention to the guy who writes 300 notes a day to himself.  I love that these kids are attracted to his toughness and, believe me, the number of Buzz Grads playing in the NBA TODAY is turning more than Mark Cuban's head.

Bring on Joel Embiid and let's rock!!
"I went into a restaurant one night and ordered lobster, and the waiter brought me one with a claw missing. He told me that in the back there's a tank they keep the lobsters in and while they're in there, they fight and sometimes one loses a claw. I told him to bring me a winner."  Al McGuire

Bieberhole69

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2012, 03:43:48 PM »
Love all the cynics on this Board.  Where are our Buzz Cut trolls? Figure they would be out in big numbers to play the Count Schollies Game. I see the Bucky trolls have gone silent.  Nothing like a top 10 recruiting class to shut them all up.  Liking that  a lot.

If you don't think Buzz has an overall plan for all his recruiting, you haven't paid attention to the guy who writes 300 notes a day to himself.  I love that these kids are attracted to his toughness and, believe me, the number of Buzz Grads playing in the NBA TODAY is turning more than Mark Cuban's head.

Bring on Joel Embiid and let's rock!!
What does Buzz writing himself a bunch of notes have anything to do with oversigning?

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2012, 03:45:48 PM »
Take that Bama!!

I was a little pissed when I first read this, and then I realized you meant the school, not the poster!

BCHoopster

• All American
JaJuan Johnson
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2012, 04:19:39 PM »
Curious did Memphis try and recruit him or not?

swoopem

• All American
Re: JaJuan Johnson
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2012, 04:29:27 PM »
Yeah Aki was going after him hard, but JaJuan knew MU was both the better school, and better at basketball
Bring back FFP!!!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2012, 05:08:40 PM »
Great!  Welcome!

That's a whole lot of "sons" playing for Buzz next year:  J. Wilson, J. Anderson, De. Wilson, J. Ferguson, Du. Wilson, J. Dawson, J. Johnson and Swanson.

Sons of Anarchy?

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2012, 05:12:50 PM »
Sons of Anarchy?

THAT IS THE NICKNAME FOR THE 2013-2014 TEAM.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2012, 05:12:56 PM »
Sons of Anarchy?

When you include Burton, does that mean we have Tons of Sons?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2012, 05:49:25 PM »
Eric Bossi Rivals.com

And then there were just 26 Rivals150 prospects left on the board.

Friday afternoon, JaJuan Johnson became the latest ranked prospect to make his college decision.

Ranked No. 63 in the country, the 6-foot-4 shooting guard from Memphis (Tenn.) Southwind picked Marquette.

JaJuan Johnson said his ultimate goal is the NBA and believes playing at Marquette will help him achieve that.
Long, rangy and quick, Johnson burst onto the national scene last spring after a excellent junior season at Southwind. An strong defender with good feet and quick hands, Johnson also proved to be a bigger threat on offense than most thought he was earlier in his career.

"I wanted to go to a basketball school and really, Marquette was the only basketball school on my list," Johnson told Rivals.com. "My ultimate goal is to make it to the next level (the NBA) so I had to go somewhere they were goning to help me get there."

"They (built) a relationship with not just me but with my mom, my stepdaddy, my brother and my sister. I'm coming in with a great player, we'll have a Top 5 class. They're in the Big East, they're always ranked every year."

Johnson is very good driving along the baseline, can keep defenders honest via the long ball and is developing a nice mid-range game that features and assortment of floaters.

With Johnson officially in the fold, Buzz Williams and his staff at Marquette have added another four-star player to what is already an outstanding class of perimeter players and one animalistic rebounder.

Let's start with the guys who will be joining Johnson on the perimeter. Four-star point guard Duane Wilson is an explosive off-the-dribble scorer and playmaker who plays fast. Four-star wing Deonte Burton is a power player who finishes in transition and defends at a very high level.

Then the X-factor of the group is three-star combo guard John Dawson from New Mexico, who has lots of untapped potential.

On the interior, junior college All-American Jameel McKay is an absolute animal on the glass. Given his slender frame, you wouldn't expect him to be a rebounding force, but his quickness and super-glue fingers allow him to grab everything.

The addition of Johnson only solidifies a recruiting class that is already ranked among the top 10 in the country. This weekend, Marquette hosts four-star big man Joel Embiid in hopes of finishing out its class with the rapidly rising 6-foot-11 big man.
---------
Leroy Watson from TigerSportsReport.com contributed to this report.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2012, 06:01:43 PM »
THAT IS THE NICKNAME FOR THE 2013-2014 TEAM.

Looks like Otule isn't returning since his name doesn't end in son.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »
AWESOME!  Almost didn't get to check MU Scoop today and managed to just now before leaving the office.  Extra sweeeeeeeeeet for an Auburn fan who will be watching the Alabama 70, Auburn 6 football game in a few weeks.

Great choice JuJuan!  Better to be one of the biggest stars on Marquette's campus than the 70th biggest star in Tuscaloosa!

Great job Buzz et al.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2012, 09:44:57 PM »

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2012, 09:55:24 PM »
F..k I'm off my game.

How could I forget.....

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT   Welcome to the MU fam Long John!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2012, 09:59:15 PM »
What does Buzz writing himself a bunch of notes have anything to do with oversigning?

It means that his mind has already played out scores of possible scenarios as to how this is all going to work out.

One of the benefits of OCD is being able to foresee the future... unfortunately, you don't know which one of the 10,000 possible futures you foresaw is going to turn out to be the real one.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2012, 10:01:41 PM »
Guys love to call it the University of Marquette when they commit here.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2012, 10:28:16 PM »
If the other guys don't sign in fall, this will definitely have some legs.

More like a full-fledged freak out. Still, don't understand why you would commit if you're unsure the coach will be there next year...much less 2,3,4 years. If anything, this great class makes me MORE confident that Buzz is planning on staying.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2012, 10:56:57 PM »

I don't think I am a conspiracy theorist, but what if he is simply hedging his bets to make sure that Buzz & crew are still here?  What if he really wants to play at Memphis and is simply keeping his options open?  Everyone knows that MU will hold a spot for him - I'm actually surprised that more kids don't choose this option. 

With a coaching change, he'd be releasssed from his NLOI.  So that cannot be an issue

The Process

• All American
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2012, 11:12:50 PM »
With a coaching change, he'd be releasssed from his NLOI.  So that cannot be an issue

Well, since he's not signing a NLI until the spring... it's not like he needs to be released.

My uneducated guess?  He was asked to not sign until the spring so MU can work the scholly situation out.  Obviously, there is risk around him drawing attention amongst the bluebloods and being able to sign with them without issue, but I'm hopeful that he'll sign on the dotted line.
Relax. Respect the Process.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2012, 11:37:59 PM »

Hope you're bettin' on BO too.

heh, heh, heh..., you're the best 4ever.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2012, 06:04:37 AM »
F..k I'm off my game.

How could I forget.....

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT   Welcome to the MU fam Long John!

I was actually waiting for this when I saw the commitment.  Awesome!

feedback