Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Haunted Hoops Review  (Read 2306 times)

trebby123

• Walk-On
Haunted Hoops Review
« on: October 26, 2012, 10:06:03 PM »
Entertaining night, and a grown man was dressed up as a piece of bacon. Read up.

http://espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=13881

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Haunted Hoops Review
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 07:54:11 AM »
"He(Lockett) may not have scored, but it's nothing to really worry about for Marquette fans."

What does this mean? Trent was guarded by Jake and couldn't penetrate or get open at all. First and only time I saw TL play----are you saying don't worry MU fans cuz he will be a scorer, or It was an off night, or only one scrimmage, or Jake is a shutdown defender? I'm hoping to see more.

trebby123

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 09:42:51 AM »
"He(Lockett) may not have scored, but it's nothing to really worry about for Marquette fans."

What does this mean? Trent was guarded by Jake and couldn't penetrate or get open at all. First and only time I saw TL play----are you saying don't worry MU fans cuz he will be a scorer, or It was an off night, or only one scrimmage, or Jake is a shutdown defender? I'm hoping to see more.

I thought his movement on the ball was still encouraging. Was looking to attack whenever on the ball. Thomas was good, too. Combination of both I guess. Sorry for lack of clarity.

Lockett was great defensively. Obviously, very athletic, and had a few impressive moments there.

Even though he didn't score, I just wouldn't worry about it, even though that's what he's supposed to do. He's proven that he can score at the college level. Just adjusting to higher level of competition.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 02:34:28 PM »
Thx trebly-- keep up the good work.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 07:01:23 PM »
My impressions:

- This roster is LOADED with talent.  The guys are going to battle and improve.

- Vander was DOMINANT.  Hit from outside with ease.  Made some tough close range shots that many mistake as "easy."

- Jamil Wilson hit 2 treys out of maybe 3-4 attempts and looked very comfortable with his range.

- Davante is looking and moving better than ever.  Most talented post scorer in a long long time at MU and one of the best in the entire country right now.

- Otule is a fracking MONSTER. 6-11 275 and looks every part of it.  Most importantly,  he looked fully recovered.

- Surprisingly,  Steve Taylor didn't start!  WEIRD.  Maybe a little dinged up?  He looks like he'll see a lot of minutes.  Skills of a small forward,  but unlike Jimmy and Lazar, he has legit PF size.  After watching Madness and Haunted,  I believe he is also easily the 2nd best scorer in the post on this team.  Aggressive, decisive, and able.  He's going to have a nice impact right away and has a very bright future at MU and beyond.

- Todd played like you'd expect. He's a darkhorse leading scorer this year.  Absolutely fearless.  He will probably average more shots per minute than anyone.....hopefully that will be a positive.

- Juan Anderson looked and played like he was 100% healthy.  He will contribute this year and STILL has a very high ceiling.

- Derrick Wilson looked similar to last year.  The rock solid 2nd PG.  Probably won't hear his name much and that's a good thing!  Does not turn the ball over.  Needed a guy like him when Diener went down his senior year.

- Lockett looked like the all-around player we expected.  He'll be a stat-stuffer,  but didn't appear to be the guy who will take the jump to leading scorer.

- Junior didn't really stick out too much to me.  He just isn't a star PG like MU has been spoiled with for so many years,  but he is certainly not a weakness.  He is the straw that mixes the drink.....and damn good at it.

- Jake Thomas....I'm probably higher on his impact than 99% of this board,  but he didn't do much.  Mayo juked the hell out of him one time,  but that was a mental mistake.  He has good athleticism and is capable of defending.  Regardless,  his shooting ability will get him PT.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:31:55 PM by TheBuzzsaw »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 10:11:22 PM »
CO told me his knee is good and he's ready to go at the start of the year.