[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [MJS Blog] Mayo says he's learned his lesson  (Read 6925 times)

MJS_Says

[MJS Blog] Mayo says he's learned his lesson
« on: October 14, 2012, 12:30:03 PM »
Mayo says he's learned his lesson

Before Sunday, I had never spent any one-on-one time with Todd Mayo.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/174097831.html

GGGG

• All American
Re: [MJS Blog] Mayo says he's learned his lesson
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 01:15:02 PM »
This was well done.  Very well written article by Hunt.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 02:14:03 PM »
Great story.  Nice job Michael.  I'm pulling for Todd to be a huge contributor and a solid team player.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »
I thought it was well done also, and I've been impressed by Hunt the past few days.  But he could have left out the "we'll see" at the end, just sounds a little condescending.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 05:31:48 PM »
Gotta agree.  That was more actual legwork by a MJS reporter, with actual facts, than we saw all last year.

Hopefully, forebodes signs of better and balanced reporting for the HOME TOWN team.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 05:55:53 PM »
I doubt he will change....in fact Hunt says as much since he was late for the team picture.

There was a good reason that Huggs backed off of this kid, even though he had the Wv on his arm. I didnt like the fact we offered this kid from the beginning. I give Buzz credit for giving him one last shot.

I have written him off. I hope I regret this post down the road but I don't think I will.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 06:04:51 PM »
I doubt he will change....in fact Hunt says as much since he was late for the team picture.

There was a good reason that Huggs backed off of this kid, even though he had the Wv on his arm. I didnt like the fact we offered this kid from the beginning. I give Buzz credit for giving him one last shot.

I have written him off. I hope I regret this post down the road but I don't think I will.

Lol
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 06:09:42 PM »

Wow.

Les Nessman

• Team Captain

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 06:22:51 PM »
Mayo still has some issues that he is dealing with.  Knight is a little harsh, but he isn't out of the woods yet.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 06:34:11 PM »
I hope the kid makes it.  If he doesn't, no need for "Hiroshima" type reaction on this board.

Again, hope he makes it.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 06:42:38 PM »
Mayo still has some issues that he is dealing with.  Knight is a little harsh, but he isn't out of the woods yet.

Ya, but who in this world has 0 issues????

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 06:50:43 PM »
Ya, but who in this world has 0 issues????

<sigh>  No one.  That's not what I said though.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 06:51:11 PM »

Mayo still has some issues that he is dealing with.  Knight is a little harsh, but he isn't out of the woods yet.

So, getting JaJuan Johnson got a little bigger in my eyes.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 06:57:56 PM »
Lets see the "lessons learned" applied - on the court as well as off.
SS Marquette

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 07:07:32 PM »

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 07:56:51 PM »
Knight is going to be saying I TOLD YOU SO sometime down the line.   Call it hunch, but I wouldnt get too attached to Mayo.   

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 08:02:28 PM »
Knight is going to be saying I TOLD YOU SO sometime down the line.   Call it hunch, but I wouldnt get too attached to Mayo.   

IF he is right, lets not call it Hiroshima. 'specially with the recruits we have coming in.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 01:03:36 AM »
hare to go scripture, but Matthew 6:34.

I am thrilled Mayo is back and don't believe there is anyway we would have been ranked this year or won an NCAA game without him playing.

Now that he is playing, my attitude is the same as getting down about who will be in our conference in 2 years. I'll worry about tomorrow when it comes. For now i can't wait to see Todd back on the court going up against Pitt, Syracuse and nd, and next year I hope he is part of the team that I believe can battle Memphis and lville for the big east title and potentially go back to the elite 8.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 08:00:41 AM »
Glad he's back. Hoping for the best.

Very happy this hasn't turned into some sort of indictment of the MU administration.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 08:56:27 AM »

Very happy this hasn't turned into some sort of indictment of the MU administration.

Patience.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 08:58:19 AM »

It shouldn't be.  Everything is in Mayo's power to control.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 01:36:19 PM »
Re: Mayo and the future, I think his advanced age has to be a consideration.  I highly doubt he plays 4 years at MU.  Regardless of behavior / ability etc, I think he'll want to start getting paid sooner rather than later and the NBA is not the only league that pays.  Could see him overseas in a year.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 02:44:26 PM »
Re: Mayo and the future, I think his advanced age has to be a consideration.  I highly doubt he plays 4 years at MU.  Regardless of behavior / ability etc, I think he'll want to start getting paid sooner rather than later and the NBA is not the only league that pays.  Could see him overseas in a year.

Agree. Doesn't he turn 22 early in 2013? For someone who wants to play for pay, waiting until you're 24 (his age after his senior year) is unlikely.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 03:07:11 PM »
To someone familiar with the economics of European basketball... what kind of contract could Todd expect by bolting for Europe today and how much do the
"superstars" make in Euroland?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 03:14:07 PM »
To someone familiar with the economics of European basketball... what kind of contract could Todd expect by bolting for Europe today and how much do the
"superstars" make in Euroland?

The pay range is huge, from a few million euros to low five figures. Players also can receive housing, cars, money for living expenses and income taxes.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 03:17:36 PM »

It shouldn't be.  Everything is in Mayo's power to control.

Probably true, but that doesn't prevent firsts shaking at the guy(s) in the ivory tower if anything goes wrong.

Glad Todd is back. Glad Todd controls his own destiny.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 03:38:17 PM »
The pay range is huge, from a few million euros to low five figures. Players also can receive housing, cars, money for living expenses and income taxes.

Well heck... the way this country is going, taking five-figures in Euros is probably a smarter bet than LeBron's pay in dollars.  Although you do have quite a number of Grecian and Spanish basketball players that will eventually screw things up over there any way.  Probably better to chase the almighty yuan instead....go Dragons.

In any event, where would a player of Todd Mayo's caliber and experience put him in that vast range?