Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JaJuan Johnson  (Read 24841 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: JaJuan Johnson
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 05:31:14 PM »
Ok, fair enough. I thought I offended you by implying I'm part of the Marquette community.

That's an issue for another day!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 05:50:06 PM »
The reason I presumed to edit your post is that I and probably no one else on this board can justify bringing in another guard recruit to midnight madness when at this point in time MU is both out of grants-in-aid for next year and is already heavily pushing for another guy (Embiid).  But, Buzz knows so much more than the rest of us regarding what is likely/going to happen in the next year that he could, if he was able to disclose such things.

WE ARE MARQUETTE!
Hes going to be at Madness...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 05:50:35 PM »
We aren't out of scholarships for 2013 because Otule has yet to be granted a 6th year. If he is granted a 6th year, that would take up a scholarship, but the reason we are actively recruiting Embiid and Johnson is presumably because we still have a vacancy and you never stop recruiting. We've seen the transfer numbers, even if Otule gets a 6th year, it'd be nice to have Johnson coming in the event someone leaves. And for everyone that gets squirmy about that...well, welcome to modern college basketball. Marquette has ran short rosters every single year since 2007-08. In some cases, we couldn't even practice 5-on-5 because we didn't have enough players. So if you can get Embiid or Johnson, you take them. The rest will sort itself out.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 05:59:47 PM »
How about the part that JaJuan would be the third top 100 player, not the fifth.  Or the fourth, if you count future150's ranking of John Dawson as 84th.... except that future150 doesn't rank Duane Wilson in the top 100.
1. Duane Wilson is ranked in the top 100 of almost every ranking database. And if not he will be by the time he graduates.

2. Deonte Burton is ranked top 100 in all rankings.

3. Jameel Mckay is a top 100 player and Juco All American.

4. John Dawson is ranked in only the future 150 at #84. However, he was an under the radar guy and I wouldn't be surprised to seem him as a top 100 player in most ranking systems by the time he graduates. His stock will only rise higher now that he signed with MU.

5. JaJuan Johnson is ranked 32 in scouts rankings, and ranked top 50 in most of them.

If he signed with us it would be pretty darn close to 5 top 100 players. I know rankings don't mean much but its still something that would give MU a lot publicity for having a top 5 class, if not top 3.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 06:07:29 PM »
Please ban THEultimateWARRIOR before he commits a recruiting violation.  He already ripped Nunn on twitter when he chose Illinois, making all Marquette fans look bad.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 06:20:19 PM »
Not that I generally agree with THEultimateWARRIOR, but what's the NCAA going to do? The same nothing they do to Illinois when their fans tweet Nunn 1,000 times or so during his official visit?

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2012, 06:58:53 PM »
1. Duane Wilson is ranked in the top 100 of almost every ranking database. And if not he will be by the time he graduates.

2. Deonte Burton is ranked top 100 in all rankings.

3. Jameel Mckay is a top 100 player and Juco All American.

4. John Dawson is ranked in only the future 150 at #84. However, he was an under the radar guy and I wouldn't be surprised to seem him as a top 100 player in most ranking systems by the time he graduates. His stock will only rise higher now that he signed with MU.

5. JaJuan Johnson is ranked 32 in scouts rankings, and ranked top 50 in most of them.

If he signed with us it would be pretty darn close to 5 top 100 players. I know rankings don't mean much but its still something that would give MU a lot publicity for having a top 5 class, if not top 3.

By your logic, there would be 140 top 100 players if you count top JUCO's and guys that are in some random site's top 100 or guys who could be in the top 100.

That said, it would be impressive if MU has 5 of the top ~130 recruits coming in with 3 top 65 guys.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012, 07:02:43 PM »
Not that I generally agree with THEultimateWARRIOR, but what's the NCAA going to do? The same nothing they do to Illinois when their fans tweet Nunn 1,000 times or so during his official visit?

No sh*t, what's the big deal. Sadly these type of things make a strong impact on the high school kids...more so than academics.

I certainly won't have a sign, nor would I attend March Madness but whatever moves your loins...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 07:12:52 PM »
Please ban THEultimateWARRIOR before he commits a recruiting violation.  He already ripped Nunn on twitter when he chose Illinois, making all Marquette fans look bad.

Agreed.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2012, 07:54:04 PM »

Nothing thats what.
Plus these dudes love getting there ego's stroked  it might not be legal but neither is going 1 mph over the speed limit

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 09:20:45 PM »
I watched Kentucky tweet at Diamond Stone all weekend. I watched Illinois fans tweet at Nunn. This is how kids view the support of the school. The NCAA will not do anything about it. Im not saying tweet him, Im just saying it would be nice to get a chant going or something at Madness. Duane Wilson asked me to tell the fans to do something special guys is it that big of a deal...

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »
I watched Kentucky tweet at Diamond Stone all weekend. I watched Illinois fans tweet at Nunn. This is how kids view the support of the school. The NCAA will not do anything about it. Im not saying tweet him, Im just saying it would be nice to get a chant going or something at Madness. Duane Wilson asked me to tell the fans to do something special guys is it that big of a deal...

Now he's name dropping...

THEultimateWARRIOR is Chicos.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 11:00:39 PM »
Now he's name dropping...

THEultimateWARRIOR is Chicos.

Im convinced if anyone else said this people would be ok with it.  So yeah, he's chicos.  People want to fight with him to fight.

Everyone simmer down.  make the recruit feel special.  That's what madness is about anyways.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2012, 11:06:25 PM »
And I'm sure these recruits love getting blasted by THEultimateWARRIOR on twitter when they choose another school.

You going to rip on JaJuan if he chooses another school like you did to Nunn?

This guy makes us all look bad. 

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 11:14:38 PM »
Anyone seriously concernced with tweets to recruits needs to relax a little  There's no way the NCAA will ever do anything about it.  I'm not going to encourage anyone to go ahead and do it, but I don't think anyone has to worry about an NCAA violation because someone on this board is tweeting at recruits.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2012, 07:08:29 AM »
Anyone seriously concernced with tweets to recruits needs to relax a little  There's no way the NCAA will ever do anything about it.  I'm not going to encourage anyone to go ahead and do it, but I don't think anyone has to worry about an NCAA violation because someone on this board is tweeting at recruits.

Exactly!  The NCAA won't do anything unless its a quid pro quo type of situation, basically.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2012, 10:00:41 AM »
If the NCAA has an ax to grind with a school they can make an issue of it. Basically, it is a question of institutional control. MU cannot stop anybody from tweeting, but they can and they do send out the rule book to boosters. They make an honest effort to make people aware that it is a violation and barring a major blow up that is probably all that is needed. What I do not understand is why anybody thinking that tweeting a kid is helping the program? I would never contact a recruit, because there is nothing I can say to convince him to come to MU, but I can say something stupid like many posters do on this site to turn a recruit off. We all should leave the recruiting to Buzz and his staff.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »
What I do not understand is why anybody thinking that tweeting a kid is helping the program? I would never contact a recruit, because there is nothing I can say to convince him to come to MU, but I can say something stupid like many posters do on this site to turn a recruit off. We all should leave the recruiting to Buzz and his staff.

As an example, UI made Nunn feel like a rock star. Part of that were the hundreds of tweets. Of course pushing the local hero, state school aspect was a larger part of it, but when dozens or hundreds of people are wooing you over social media, it's hard for a teen to ignore. Some may not like it. I'm sure with a kid like Jabari Parker it wouldn't matter. But for kids like Nunn and Embiid that seem to live on Twitter and retweet nearly every mention of their name, I find it hard to believe that they don't notice where the adulation is coming from.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2012, 10:19:52 AM »
Future150 is listing Marquette as the favorite for JaJuan Johnson.

http://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/jajuan-johnson-sg-2013

A lot of their recruiting info. seems outdated, though.....
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:23:46 AM by LittleMurs »

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 10:23:44 AM »
I currently have no plans to attend March Madness. However, I may change that, show up dressed like a Kangaroo and lead "Chicos Rules" chants while holding giant signs with pictures of an oak tree that say, in bright pink writing, "This production is brought to you by Pepsodent. You'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent."

Oh, and every 12 minutes I will scream in agony, "My foot, my foot" while accustorily staring and pointing at assistant coach Aki Collins.

Hopefully this will help our cause with Jajuan without violating any big bad NCAA rules.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2012, 10:26:28 AM »
I currently have no plans to attend March Madness. However, I may change that, show up dressed like a Kangaroo and lead "Chicos Rules" chants while holding giant signs with pictures of an oak tree that say, in bright pink writing, "This production is brought to you by Pepsodent. You'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent."

Oh, and every 12 minutes I will scream in agony, "My foot, my foot" while accustorily staring and pointing at assistant coach Aki Collins.

Hopefully this will help our cause with Jajuan without violating any big bad NCAA rules.

Aki Collins has moved on to Memphis, so I don't expect we'll be seeing him at Midnight Madness.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2012, 10:29:18 AM »
Aki Collins has moved on to Memphis, so I don't expect we'll be seeing him at Midnight Madness.

Because everything else in my plan makes sense.

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2012, 10:30:12 AM »
As an example, UI made Nunn feel like a rock star. Part of that were the hundreds of tweets. Of course pushing the local hero, state school aspect was a larger part of it, but when dozens or hundreds of people are wooing you over social media, it's hard for a teen to ignore. Some may not like it. I'm sure with a kid like Jabari Parker it wouldn't matter. But for kids like Nunn and Embiid that seem to live on Twitter and retweet nearly every mention of their name, I find it hard to believe that they don't notice where the adulation is coming from.
I completely agree Brew...Well stated.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2012, 10:54:13 AM »
Because everything else in my plan makes sense.

Seemed pretty flawless to me.  Aki will probably be there telling everyone within earshot about our upcoming violations anyway.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2012, 11:26:29 AM »
Why is there a debate about whether it's okay to talk to underage boys on the internet?
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle