Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dawson to MU!  (Read 44426 times)

Earl Tatum

• All American
Re: Dawson to MU!
« Reply #150 on: September 27, 2012, 04:43:02 PM »
Dawson was described as a pass first guard, who can shoot and is athletic. If so should be great in open court.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #151 on: September 27, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »
he's 6'3 and still growing ..... I'm his dad and will tell you that he truly had 37 offers with high majors still calling even though he chose MU.  he didn't just grab the opportunity because he felt it was a one time deal, but because he trusted GOD for his path and was strongly recruited by buzz and brad and who flew out to our home 3 times this month alone and showed him great love from a great program!!! .... just recd 13 calls yesterday from BCS schools that want him to not sign with MU in NOV so that they can get on board.  JohnJohn is EXCITED to be a part of the MU family and so are we!!! .... long way from home ..... lots and lots of hard work .... and is excited to get even better!!! .... i truly believe MU is and will be blessed by his talent .... i'm excited!!!
Sir, glad your son is now part of the MU family. Get excited for great basketball and a great education experience for your son.
Goal is National Championship

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #152 on: September 27, 2012, 05:39:59 PM »
WoW!

What a thrill to hear of a family so excited to become part of the MU family
Welcome to a great tradition

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #153 on: September 27, 2012, 07:41:44 PM »
he's 6'3 and still growing ..... i'm his dad and will tell you that he truly had 37 offers with high majors still calling even though he chose MU.

First, congratulations. I'm happy to see John added to the MU family, and am glad at your excitement. Second, and I intend no disrespect (and am actually hoping to save you and yours future disrespect) I really feel it would be better for you and your family to avoid posting on this site. As valuable as the insider info you can offer may be to us, when recruits and their families post here, it never ends well. While many will welcome you with open arms today, I can't promise the same warm reception when things aren't going as well.

For the most part, I think MU is a warm, caring community that will be a great environment to help your son go from being a boy to a man. But this website is full of the most diehard fans, the people that live and die with every basket, and unfortunately that level of fanaticism can lead to some unnecessary and hurtful vitriol at times. That isn't any good for your son or the rest of your family.

Again, warmest welcome to Marquette, but be careful with these types of sites. They aren't always as happy as they initially appear.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:26:31 PM by brewcity77 »
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #154 on: September 27, 2012, 08:55:36 PM »
My first instinct is to always "trust Buzz."  Dawson's dad comments (assuming it is indeed him) makes me feel a lot better about this signing.  The insight he gave suggests he is a much more highly thought of recruit that the (often inaccurate) rating services.  Congrats to Buzz/Brad and the Dawsons.

And let me second Brew's comment.  In the long run you would be best serve to leave this board to the anonymous fanatics that traffic it.  Some of the comments here can be cruel and hurtful for those directly involved, especially as Brew suggests, when things do not go as planned.  And that happens to everyone at times.

Hopefully you will be able to measure the comments here appropriately and not let it change your opinion of the program, Buzz, Brad or the larger MU community.

Welcome

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #155 on: September 27, 2012, 11:29:12 PM »

Yeah, I have. I would definitely take Sante Fe over Milwaukee in a heartbeat.

Are you 18?

And that would matter, why?

When I was 18 bright lights, big city was were it was at, now I'd definitely go for beautiful New Mexico scenery, too.  John Dawson is closer to 18.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:03:23 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2012, 05:45:19 PM »
When I was 18 bright lights, big city was were its at, now I'd definitely go for beautiful New Mexico scenery, too.  John Dawson is closer to 18.

If you want bright lights, big city, you ain't coming to Milwaukee. Look, I think Milwaukee is a great little town, but it comes up a wee bit short in the glamour department. New York...Los Angeles...Miami...Chicago...Milwaukee?

mu89

• Starter
« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2012, 06:08:31 PM »

If you want bright lights, big city, you ain't coming to Milwaukee. Look, I think Milwaukee is a great little town, but it comes up a wee bit short in the glamour department. New York...Los Angeles...Miami...Chicago...Milwaukee?

Marie Claire begs to differ.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2012, 10:59:36 PM »

London
Paris
MILWAUKEE!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2012, 06:01:34 AM »

You have to put it in perspective. When you're from a town of 40K with the nearest interstate hours away, a metropolitan population of over 1M with Chicago, Madison, an Green Bay all within 2 hours, that's a pretty big city. And the lights at a top-25 school in the Big East certainly shine a lot brighter than they do in Clovis.

It's not NYC, LA, or Chicago, but it's a lot closer to those than where he's from.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2012, 07:54:15 AM »

Bears fan?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2012, 08:52:09 AM »
London
Paris
MILWAUKEE!
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Morgantown
Providence
Storrs
South Bend

Edited the order for you

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2012, 09:42:56 AM »

All depends on where you are from, my man.

If you are from NYC, Milwaukee looks like a farm.

If you are from a farm, Milwaukee looks like NYC.

Perspective.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #163 on: September 29, 2012, 09:44:58 AM »
All depends on where you are from, my man.

If you are from NYC, you're likely an ahole.

If you are from a farm, Milwaukee looks like NYC.

Perspective.

Fixed.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2012, 10:26:29 AM »
he's 6'3 and still growing ..... i'm his dad and will tell you that he truly had 37 offers with high majors still calling even though he chose MU.  he didnt just grab the opportunity because he felt it was a one time deal, but because he trusted GOD for his path and was strongly recruited by buzz and brad and who flew out to our home 3 times this month alone and showed him great love from a great program!!! .... just recd 13 calls yesterday from BCS schools that want him to not sign with MU in NOV so that they can get on board.  JohnJohn is EXCITED to be a part of the MU family and so are we!!! .... long way from home ..... lots and lots of hard work .... and is excited to get even better!!! .... i truly believe MU is and will be blessed by his talent .... i'm excited!!!

MU was a long way from home for me too! Although Clovis is probably further. He'll love it, be on a national championship team in 2014 and get a great education.

What more can you ask for?????

Tell him to bring his long underwear and a good pair of waterproof boots! You'll need it in January and February!

feedback