Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If Buzz left, then  (Read 11571 times)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Re: If Buzz left, then
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2012, 07:56:09 PM »
Utile et Dulce

Would be awesome if you are correct. Aside from stating posters are wrong do you have info to share on the issue. Respect that you think I live on fantasy island and no problem with that. Would love to be brought back to reality...please give me hand and give factual info on your point.
You first.  You are one of the primary reasons this place went on vacation to la-la land this summer.  

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2012, 07:59:37 PM »
Oh...and one more thing...

NO!!! Largely because of the stuff you are posting all over the site right now. Not only is Hiroshima not wrong, YOU are the reason it's completely right.

+1

Goose

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2012, 08:04:14 PM »
AtlWarrior
I stated early on that I have heard from credible sources that LW and Buzz played chicken over SMU and agreed that his departure a year from then made better sense. You can say I am king of the tinfoil crowd and would not offend me. All I know since WVU game suspensions I have stated Fr. P does not like Buzz's style. Time will tell if my credible sources were/are right or not.

Really not going to try and defend myself, but will say I have gone out on a limb with my posts and have held steady. Either I am a moron or a guy who might have received info from smart guys. Will add that my argument is usually deeper than just saying other posters are wrong.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2012, 08:09:47 PM »
AtlWarrior
I stated early on that I have heard from credible sources that LW and Buzz played chicken over SMU and agreed that his departure a year from then made better sense. You can say I am king of the tinfoil crowd and would not offend me. All I know since WVU game suspensions I have stated Fr. P does not like Buzz's style. Time will tell if my credible sources were/are right or not.

Really not going to try and defend myself, but will say I have gone out on a limb with my posts and have held steady. Either I am a moron or a guy who might have received info from smart guys. Will add that my argument is usually deeper than just saying other posters are wrong.
You are remarkably consistent, I will absolutely agree with that.  ;D

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2012, 08:57:44 PM »
This whole thing is disgusting to me right now. I'm just sick of it, and it's becoming very, very hard to read these boards. What is wrong with us that we are attacking ourselves like this? Mountains out of molehills? Are you freaking kidding me? We're making freaking Wormwood out of molehills. And it's not just us idiot posters online, it's Marquette as well.

Okay, fine, Monarch had to go. Not because of what he did, because let's be honest, every single high-major school is doing that and worse on a regular basis. Yes, that includes the holier-than-Jesus'-own-prick Vadgers. But when you lie about something small consistently to management, you're going to get the axe. Had to happen. But to suddenly extrapolate this to a complete implosion of the program? Buzz is gone, LW hates him and is intent on razing the program, we'll be lucky to retain/add any of these top-notch Milwaukee targets, guys were underage drinking at 720 (despite evidence that NONE of them were drinking underage), the fight has reached Bill Michaels' levels...DO YOU PEOPLE HEAR YOURSELVES?

You know what? He was right, muguru was absolutely, 1000% right. This is the Hiroshima he predicted. All the people that decried him have been proven morons, because this utter crapstorm we are having at each other is exactly, to the freaking tee, what he was afraid of. We had all the Mayo drama, all the fallout from infractions and incidents, we've seen our entire assistant staff turn over in less than six months, and now we are turning what is essentially a very small infraction into the end of the program. Hiroshima? Hell, that barely scratches the surface. This site has turned into End of Days, Fifth Element, Revelation type crap.

The season can't start soon enough, if for no other reason than to give us something worthwhile to talk about. Hiroshima? Understatement of the year. And anyone who disagreed, yeah, you've been proven wrong, because it's freaking here.

I think i am starting to join your camp over this issue.  Cant wait to laugh it off when we make the final 4 in two years.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2012, 09:02:44 PM »
I stated early on that I have heard from credible sources that LW and Buzz played chicken over SMU and agreed that his departure a year from then made better sense.

Oh lord, so now they hate each other, but Buzz decided to be a nice guy and not leave for an undisclosed location until next year?  We need some new topics.  Geeze.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2012, 09:07:16 PM »
Rocky
Just trying to keep things lively until you can get your handbag threads up later tonight. Over to you!!!!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2012, 09:07:48 PM »
Oh lord, so now they hate each other, but Buzz decided to be a nice guy and not leave for an undisclosed location until next year?  We need some new topics.  Geeze.

Rocky, all of these Moarch fired, Buzz suspended threads are sounding the same.  Condense into one thread?   Might have a shot at the "everlasting craptastical" record!

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2012, 09:16:23 PM »
Okay lets summarize

1. LW and Buzz hate each other Hatfield and McCoy Style
2. Buzz is snake oil salesman 
3.LW is a pompous pretty boy
4.Once Hiroshima did not pan out Goose is banking on his "They decided to continue this charade for one more year" theory
5.One of the posters wants us to recruit only >3.5 Students who are members of the National Honor Society and the Local Optimist Club
6. Neers and Myself just want us to recruit whoever and let them win cause that is pretty important in the grand scheme of things.
7. NOBODY REALLY KNOWS WHAT THE "F" IS GOING ON.  With the exception of GOOSE who thinks that this beautiful fined tune Butterfly of a program is going to crawl into a turd cocoon and in 2 weeks will push it's way out and become Santa Clara.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2012, 09:39:41 PM »
Okay lets summarize
6. Neers and Myself Everybody just want us to recruit whoever and let them play by the rules and win cause that is pretty important in the grand scheme of things.

Fixed for you.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2012, 07:05:22 AM »
I have hit "Mark All Messages As Read" more times this summer than usual.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2012, 08:14:12 AM »
Utile et Dulce

Would be awesome if you are correct. Aside from stating posters are wrong do you have info to share on the issue. Respect that you think I live on fantasy island and no problem with that. Would love to be brought back to reality...please give me hand and give factual info on your point.

I really don't think it's a case of either side providing facts or hard information. I think it's looking at the list of what has actually happened and realizing nothing here is cataclysmic.

Apt. 720: A few Marquette players go out to a bar and a fight occurs. Based on all the actual police reports that came out, MU players were not drinking underage (or they'd have been ticketed for that and not just being there) and there wasn't some raucous brawl, or this wouldn't just be rumors from Bill Michaels.

Monarch's Swag: Let's be honest, a t-shirt and a ride home? Even if it's to Chicago, it's not that big a deal. Against the rules, but hardly a offense worth firing over. How often do you think this or something similar happens in high-major recruiting? I would guess hundreds, if not thousands of times per year. It's that he lied about it that really matters.

Buzz's Suspension: It's one game, people. No more than Junior or DJO got in December, and less than the guys got in February at WVU. It shows that Buzz is not bigger than the rules he lays down. Far from the end of the world. Though it would be nice to kick off our Big East slate with a home game against DePaul ;D

SMU: Come on, people, it's SMU. If Buzz leaves at some point, he leaves, but he's going to leave for a program that's at least no more than a small step down. He's not going to jump into the Grand Canyon.

TJ Taylor: He's a freaking 20-year-old kid! He changed his mind! He couldn't handle being away from home/family/girlfriend/Rudy's BBQ. It'd be nice to have TJ, but it's not like Tyshawn, Nick Williams, and Mbakwe are all suddenly headed elsewhere. A likely 7th or 8th man left. Get over it.

Benford Leaving: He left for a freaking head coaching gig. Any HC gig is a significant step up from being an assistant. And taking Lundy? That happens all the time. Lundy also made a significant step up. That's why you work as an assistant, so you can have that opportunity. I honestly am in shock this even got a mention in all this.

Vander Troubles: This shows how bad this whole situation is. For the most part, Van has kept his nose clean for the past year compared to all the stuff we were hearing his freshman year. Yes, a one-half suspension...it's not like he was caught snorting coke off a stripper's boobs at Silk. Wait...I shouldn't have said that, I probably just gave ButchBadger and company fuel for their next "TOTALLY TRUE MARQUETTE RUMOR!1!!"

Newbill: Yawn. Over it.

We are taking every little incident of the past 4 years and all channeling it into one explosion of insanity. We are turning this board into Hiroshima. Honestly, the mods should see if the URL "muhiroshima.com" is available, it'd certainly be more accurate than "muscoop" is right now. Nothing above strikes me as the type of stuff that would have Buzz on his way out the door. And if he does leave, guess what, Marquette basketball will survive, the sun will rise, and most of us will still be season ticket holders with games to attend and enjoy.

This is not the end of the world.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2012, 01:10:27 PM »
I really don't think it's a case of either side providing facts or hard information. I think it's looking at the list of what has actually happened and realizing nothing here is cataclysmic.

Apt. 720: A few Marquette players go out to a bar and a fight occurs. Based on all the actual police reports that came out, MU players were not drinking underage (or they'd have been ticketed for that and not just being there) and there wasn't some raucous brawl, or this wouldn't just be rumors from Bill Michaels.

Monarch's Swag: Let's be honest, a t-shirt and a ride home? Even if it's to Chicago, it's not that big a deal. Against the rules, but hardly a offense worth firing over. How often do you think this or something similar happens in high-major recruiting? I would guess hundreds, if not thousands of times per year. It's that he lied about it that really matters.

Buzz's Suspension: It's one game, people. No more than Junior or DJO got in December, and less than the guys got in February at WVU. It shows that Buzz is not bigger than the rules he lays down. Far from the end of the world. Though it would be nice to kick off our Big East slate with a home game against DePaul ;D

SMU: Come on, people, it's SMU. If Buzz leaves at some point, he leaves, but he's going to leave for a program that's at least no more than a small step down. He's not going to jump into the Grand Canyon.

TJ Taylor: He's a freaking 20-year-old kid! He changed his mind! He couldn't handle being away from home/family/girlfriend/Rudy's BBQ. It'd be nice to have TJ, but it's not like Tyshawn, Nick Williams, and Mbakwe are all suddenly headed elsewhere. A likely 7th or 8th man left. Get over it.

Benford Leaving: He left for a freaking head coaching gig. Any HC gig is a significant step up from being an assistant. And taking Lundy? That happens all the time. Lundy also made a significant step up. That's why you work as an assistant, so you can have that opportunity. I honestly am in shock this even got a mention in all this.

Vander Troubles: This shows how bad this whole situation is. For the most part, Van has kept his nose clean for the past year compared to all the stuff we were hearing his freshman year. Yes, a one-half suspension...it's not like he was caught snorting coke off a stripper's boobs at Silk. Wait...I shouldn't have said that, I probably just gave ButchBadger and company fuel for their next "TOTALLY TRUE MARQUETTE RUMOR!1!!"

We are taking every little incident of the past 4 years and all channeling it into one explosion of insanity. We are turning this board into Hiroshima. Honestly, the mods should see if the URL "muhiroshima.com" is available, it'd certainly be more accurate than "muscoop" is right now. Nothing above strikes me as the type of stuff that would have Buzz on his way out the door. And if he does leave, guess what, Marquette basketball will survive, the sun will rise, and most of us will still be season ticket holders with games to attend and enjoy.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2012, 03:01:42 PM »

Count me in on the Brew City Camp

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2012, 05:29:39 PM »

Count me in also, was about to take a break from the board until Madness but this may prevent that from happening for the time being

feedback