Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I miss DWade  (Read 8799 times)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Re: I miss DWade
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 03:33:13 PM »
Who gave an excuse? You noted that Bosh was a 7-time All-Star, which is true. You failed to mention that he's coming off an injury that sidelined him for 3 weeks and he's playing at about 70%. That would be like saying the Mavs had a 10-time All-Star running the point for them last year.

Nice that you mentioned Deshawn Stevenson - the Mavs 10th-leading scorer! You know who the Heat's 10th-leading scorer was? Terrel Harris (I don't know either)

What about Terry, Marion, Chandler, Butler and even that 37-year-old PG? Think the Mavs would have traded any of those guys straight up for Udonis Haslem, Mario Chalmers or Shane Battier?

(I can't believe I'm defending the Heat)

Don't forget JJ Barea, who absolutely embarrassed Mario Chalmers in the crucial games 5 & 6.  Beat him off the dribble at will, forcing help which left the whole defense spinning.  They got easy looks off a few passes every time down the court because of it.  Sickening to watch.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 03:41:21 PM »
Who gave an excuse? You noted that Bosh was a 7-time All-Star, which is true. You failed to mention that he's coming off an injury that sidelined him for 3 weeks and he's playing at about 70%. That would be like saying the Mavs had a 10-time All-Star running the point for them last year.

Nice that you mentioned Deshawn Stevenson - the Mavs 10th-leading scorer! You know who the Heat's 10th-leading scorer was? Terrel Harris (I don't know either)

What about Terry, Marion, Chandler, Butler and even that 37-year-old PG? Think the Mavs would have traded any of those guys straight up for Udonis Haslem, Mario Chalmers or Shane Battier?

(I can't believe I'm defending the Heat)

Citing Bosh's injury is the very definition of excuse.

I mention Stevenson because he started 54 games for the Mavs last year - more than anyone other than Nowitzki, Kidd and Chandler. That doesn't qualify him for part of Dirk's supporting cast?

You can't compare Terry, Marion, et al to Haslem and Battier because they play very different roles for their teams. Terry and Butler were the 2nd and 3rd offensive options for the Mavs. They were that team's Wade and Bosh.
Haslem and Battier are primarily bench players who were 6th and 8th, respectively, on the Heat in shots attempted and 7th and 8th in points. Together they combined this year for 10.1 FGA per game, compared to 26.3 for Terry and Marion. How are they remotely comparable?

So, I guess you're right, the Mavs probably wouldn't trade their #2 and #3 offensive options for the Heat's #6 and #8. But I'm pretty sure they'd trade them for Wade and Bosh. And I'm pretty sure they'd trade their #6 and #8 (Rodrigue Beaubois and Peja Stojakovic) for Haslem and Battier.
I could be wrong, though.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 03:42:53 PM »
The Mavs were DEEP in talent last year. Don't kid yourself if you think otherwise. Look what happened when key pieces went elsewhere: Barea, the PG who controlled the tempo and the Heat had no answer for; Butler, stout G/F; Chandler, huge loss on the defensive end and offensive glass; Stevenson, defensive-minded G and streaky shooter; and Novak. ;)  They barely made the playoffs this year.

Chalmers is not the PG they need, imho. He lacks the aggression and defensive acumen. He has the length but is too busy spectating. He also isn't a leader much like Rondo is with his big three.

And the Heat's center issue needs to get solved. Haslem is too undersized to place the position and Anthony, though serviceable, is not a great starting center.

In the end, the Thunder are too long, too athletic, too quick for the Heat. It disappoints me to admit that as I would like LeBron to win one.
SS Marquette

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »
Citing Bosh's injury is the very definition of excuse.

I mention Stevenson because he started 54 games for the Mavs last year - more than anyone other than Nowitzki, Kidd and Chandler. That doesn't qualify him for part of Dirk's supporting cast?

You can't compare Terry, Marion, et al to Haslem and Battier because they play very different roles for their teams. Terry and Butler were the 2nd and 3rd offensive options for the Mavs. They were that team's Wade and Bosh.
Haslem and Battier are primarily bench players who were 6th and 8th, respectively, on the Heat in shots attempted and 7th and 8th in points. Together they combined this year for 10.1 FGA per game, compared to 26.3 for Terry and Marion. How are they remotely comparable?

So, I guess you're right, the Mavs probably wouldn't trade their #2 and #3 offensive options for the Heat's #6 and #8. But I'm pretty sure they'd trade them for Wade and Bosh. And I'm pretty sure they'd trade their #6 and #8 (Rodrigue Beaubois and Peja Stojakovic) for Haslem and Battier.
I could be wrong, though.

What's the difference between making an excuse and stating a fact? Bosh is coming off an injury and playing hurt, which means that he's not playing to his normally high level. What part of that would you argue with?

I just found it interesting that you'd mention Stevenson but not mention Terry (a recent 6th Man of the Year) or Chandler (NBA All-Defensive performer) or Marion (a 4-time All-Star) or Butler (a 2-time All-Star).

Removing Dirk, Terry and Butler from Dallas, who would you rather have...
Tyson Chandler or Joel Anthony?
past-his-prime Jason Kidd or Mario Chalmers?
Shawn Marion or Shane Battier?
Brendan Haywood or Dexter Pittman?
J.J. Barea or Norris Cole?
Deshawn Stevenson or James Jones?
Peja Stojakovic or Mike Miller?
A corpse in a Mavs uni or Juwan Howard?
Playing 4-on-5 or Eddy Curry?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 04:32:46 PM »
Haven't seen anyone mention that fluid was drained from Wade's knee during the Indiana series. It would seem that his knee is keeping him from being as aggressive all the time and he saves some of the energy for times that is needed most. I believe the knee problem is more serious than has been exposed.
Goal is National Championship

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 06:47:08 AM »
With all due respect to Mr. Wade, I'm happy for him but I will always remember what he did in the 2003 NCAA Championships.

He put us on his back and with Robert Jackson, Steve Novak, Travis Diener and Scott Merritt, carried us to the Final Four.

He single-handedly dismantled the EVIL Kentucky Wildcats in the regional Finals in what other than the 1977 NCAA Championship game may have been the greatest Marquette basketball game ever.

Whatever he does in the NBA is a bonus! What he did for us will NEVER be forgotten.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 07:24:28 AM »
I think the "diva" and "flopper" comments are ridiculously off-base.  He's hurt.  He's getting older.  He needs to transition his game to become more of a jump shooter.  (Just like Jordan did....and Wade's game is more like Jordan's than anyone I have seen since MJ left.)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2012, 12:47:20 PM »
I don't know the reason for Wade's ineffective play and neither does anybody else. It's all speculation.

What I do know is that it's goofy for any adult to idolize any jock, actor, entertainer, British royalty, etc.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »
I don't know the reason for Wade's ineffective play and neither does anybody else. It's all speculation.

What I do know is that it's goofy for any adult to idolize any jock, actor, entertainer, British royalty, etc.

Who are you to tell me I should no longer aspire to be the Queen of England?!

bdee29

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2012, 03:43:42 PM »
Maybe he'll hurt his shoulder so bad tonight that they'll have to take him off in a wheelchair again. Man up Dwyane! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuJS0SBSac

lohaus

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2012, 08:16:26 PM »
I think he is injured.  We will probably read about some type of surgery to his knee when the season is over.

EnderWiggen

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2012, 08:17:27 PM »
He is definitely hurt

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2012, 09:51:37 PM »
The Thunder are lucky he is hurt.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2012, 10:32:08 PM »
The Thunder are lucky he is hurt.

He would have had 12-15 assists tonight if it weren't for OKC fouls or missed layups.  Even more if lebron would take and make wide open jump shots.

nycwarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2012, 11:10:03 PM »
If any other Warrior had just put up 25-7-7 while playing second fiddle to the greatest player on the planet while competing for his second NBA Championship ring, this board would be exploding with pride.

He did shoot 8 for 22 including some questionable shots down the stretch. He also got ripped at half-court and gave up a break-away, which could well have hurt his team.

And yes, eight years of taking it to the hole have taken their toll on his body.

But c'mon, he's still the best to have ever donned the blue and gold. Let's not turn on the guy. He's ours. And he spoiled us for a long time, playing like the greatest Warrior of all time. Lets enjoy the last years of his career even if they're not as flashy as the first ones were.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2012, 11:27:42 PM »
If any other Warrior had just put up 25-7-7 while playing second fiddle to the greatest player on the planet while competing for his second NBA Championship ring, this board would be exploding with pride.

He did shoot 8 for 22 including some questionable shots down the stretch. He also got ripped at half-court and gave up a break-away, which could well have hurt his team.

And yes, eight years of taking it to the hole have taken their toll on his body.

But c'mon, he's still the best to have ever donned the blue and gold. Let's not turn on the guy. He's ours. And he spoiled us for a long time, playing like the greatest Warrior of all time. Lets enjoy the last years of his career even if they're not as flashy as the first ones were.

He had a great game tonight.  Without his performance in the third quarter, the Heat wouldn't have won this one. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2012, 07:48:01 AM »

nailed it.

nycwarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2012, 09:36:10 AM »
If you still miss D Wade, look again.

He should still be makin us proud off the court
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/19391096/custody-saga-sheds-new-light-on-wade-as-father-role-model

And on it (C'mon Heat)!

Stand up Marquette!

sarcastro

• Starter
  • Live Comedy. Dead Serious.
    • Coalition Theater
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 10:51:33 AM »
I'm wondering how in a series against the Pacers it was Wade and Lebron who were classless when Granger couldn't go 5 minutes without a fight.

I'm wondering how in a series against the Celtics it was Wade who was a whiner even though Rivers and Garnett complain about every single call against Boston.

And now Wade is a flopper against the Thunder, but nobody seems to mind that James Harden hits the deck at every possible opportunity, no matter how ridiculous it looks.

I'm not sure what playoffs some of you are watching.  Wade was an absolute monster in the last three games of the Pacers series.  Against Boston the Celtics made it their gameplan to double team him every time he had the ball.  He wisely deferred and when his teammates hit open shots, they won.

He's had one bad game against OKC.  The other night he had two crunch time steals and got the assist on Chalmers big shot, making a great pass after being double teamed.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 11:25:37 AM »
I'm wondering how in a series against the Pacers it was Wade and Lebron who were classless when Granger couldn't go 5 minutes without a fight.

I'm wondering how in a series against the Celtics it was Wade who was a whiner even though Rivers and Garnett complain about every single call against Boston.

And now Wade is a flopper against the Thunder, but nobody seems to mind that James Harden hits the deck at every possible opportunity, no matter how ridiculous it looks.

I'm not sure what playoffs some of you are watching.  Wade was an absolute monster in the last three games of the Pacers series.  Against Boston the Celtics made it their gameplan to double team him every time he had the ball.  He wisely deferred and when his teammates hit open shots, they won.

He's had one bad game against OKC.  The other night he had two crunch time steals and got the assist on Chalmers big shot, making a great pass after being double teamed.

He's a marquee player on the most-hated team in the NBA. The public doesn't want to hear positive things about his game so the media plays up the negativity.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2012, 11:32:49 AM »
I have a feeling that the "most hated" label is going to disappear from this team over time as well, especially if they string together a few championships.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2012, 10:38:18 PM »
Good for Marquette as Wade is a two time NBA champion.  That can only help MU.

I'm happy for Lebron as well, some of the hating will dissipate a bit.  He was a force and the labels of heartless, choker or other stupidity should finally go away as well. 
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 12:00:09 AM »
It was fun not opening this strand until tonight, knowing the kind of silliness it would bring as responses.  I hope the guy who posted the link of wade going off the court in the wheelchair that circulated several years ago buys a tv soon so he can watch the next NBA season - thanks for (not) playing.

D wade congrats on another NBA title - and lazar for the last rebound and bucket of the season! A few of us were still watching you!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:03:07 AM by bamamarquettefan »
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2012, 08:55:37 AM »
All-time NBA great! The more championships he racks up, the better it is for MU. Too bad the role players couldn't come up big last year too or Wade would have 2 finals MVPs. Hope he sits the first 20 games next year and gets his knees healthy after bringing home another gold.

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2012, 09:26:59 AM »
If you haven't seen it yet, watch this great postgame video with Wade sitting down with Stuart Scott.  Awesome night for Dwyane!

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8083880/nba-playoffs-dwyane-wade-steps-stepping-aside

feedback