[Today at 02:22:57 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nunn Visiting  (Read 65820 times)

RideMyBuycks

• All American
Re: Nunn Visiting
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2012, 04:46:21 PM »
Do you actually know Aramaic, or just a shocking coincidence?

Kṯāḇeṯ

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2012, 04:55:12 PM »
Kṯāḇeṯ

Well played... use of pun, double entendre, and foreign language all in one shot.  A performance second to Nunn on these boards.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2012, 05:48:40 PM »
I hear the kid really has ups.

Yep, he's the original Flying Nunn!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2012, 07:29:26 PM »
Hopefully the Jumpin Jesuits add a Nunn into the mix.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2012, 06:41:30 AM »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2012, 07:39:59 AM »
His father:

“You can say DePaul can become a Marquette,” Melvin said. “You talk about Marquette being in the top 15, top 20 in the last 3-4 years. I don’t see them moving out of that any time real soon with the players they already got and the players they already have committed from 2013.

“You really look they’re already in that position, and you’re not even there. It’s someone you should be considering if you want to be in that position when you’re a freshman in college. It’s the same thing when we chose Simeon. Do you want to go to a second-tier school or go to a school to help them continue to go on top? That’s what we’re looking at when picking a school."

Ouch

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #156 on: June 15, 2012, 08:46:17 AM »
Who knows how the recruiting of Nunn will pan out, but it's encouraging to see how an elite recruit (or his dad) views Marquette and the state of the program.  After the Wilson siging I thought MU was going to be done with Nunn, but it looks like the situation has only gotten stronger.  Hopefully location comes into play for his parents.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #157 on: June 15, 2012, 08:56:08 AM »
Who knows how the recruiting of Nunn will pan out, but it's encouraging to see how an elite recruit (or his dad) views Marquette and the state of the program.  After the Wilson siging I thought MU was going to be done with Nunn, but it looks like the situation has only gotten stronger.  Hopefully location comes into play for his parents.

Well, we have been down this road before with recruits ranked even higher than Nunn.  (Snaer, Quincy Miller)  Nunn would be an excellent addition, but he is ranked about where Burton is.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2012, 09:04:17 AM »

Well, we have been down this road before with recruits ranked even higher than Nunn.  (Snaer, Quincy Miller)  Nunn would be an excellent addition, but he is ranked about where Burton is.

depends where you look.  some have nunn in the 20's, some in the 50s.  but his highest ranking is higher than burton's.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2012, 09:40:27 AM »
It makes me a little uneasy that his father talks about this as a "we" decision (for obvious reasons, I'd think), even though it often is for many players. Mr. Nunn has watched this program for several years, though, and surely knows exactly what his son can expect as far as playing time. Buzz was still a newbie when Maymon came on board.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2012, 10:05:47 AM »
Uhh...right. There's more comments of things being "SLUesque", "Hiroshima", or "Notre Dame" coming from posters like you who feel this overwhelming need to call others out than there are comments of negativity in the first place. By trying to make this website into a parody of the people you are targeting, you have inadvertently made your own views into the parody. Most threads here are going off-topic and becoming unreadable not because of the negativity, but because of the proactive attacks on said negativity before it even appears in the thread.

That is Nunnsense and a complete Nunnstarter.   

As you state, coming from posters like you but you seem to only want to level your charges against one person.  Maybe the many are right, as the tin foil hat poll suggested, and the doomsday crowd should dial back the cataclysmic predictions they harbor.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »
It makes me a little uneasy that his father talks about this as a "we" decision (for obvious reasons, I'd think), even though it often is for many players. Mr. Nunn has watched this program for several years, though, and surely knows exactly what his son can expect as far as playing time. Buzz was still a newbie when Maymon came on board.

It makes me a little uneasy too, but think back to when you were Kendrick's age.  My parents were still an important part of my life.  It could be a good thing that his dad is taking an active role in his son's life, and hopefully Kendrick and his father have a great give-and-take in their relationship (unlike the Maymon family).

Choosing a university is an exciting time for any family.  Imagine how crazy it must be to get recruited by so many schools?  I would have really appreciated it if my dad had helped me navigate the recruitment waters although I would probably have resented him for getting up in my business when I was 17 years old :p

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2012, 10:12:44 AM »
That is Nunnsense and a complete Nunnstarter.   

This from someone who criticsized other posters for weak attempts at humor.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2012, 10:16:54 AM »

Yeah I see where you're coming from, but I haven't really seen anything really out of line so far or anything to think he's taking it too far.  I think the fact that they took a visit to DePaul shows that they're respectful of the situation and appreciate the relationships/time that coaches have put in with Nunn.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2012, 11:24:10 AM »

In fact, I would say that most fathers (and mothers) use the "we" word in recruiting.  Just like many Scoopers use "we" when referring to the basketball team.

Melvin doesn't give me the impression of anything close to a Tim Maymon.  However, we could all see it with T-May early on -- that's why very few around these parts were shocked (although somewhat surprised, perhaps) when J-May transferred.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2012, 11:42:21 AM »
I thought it was good for MU. The fact that his father is involved leads me to believe he will want to watch his son play, so playing close to home is important. Also, given what he said about DePaul and Illinois the only close to home school option at this point is MU. As long as Kentucky does not come calling, I feel we are in great shape.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2012, 02:09:41 PM »

The Process

• All American
« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2012, 02:19:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/Hoopniks/status/214070665995751424

Stupid question, but does anyone know when Nunn is likely to announce a decision?  Obviously after he's *made* a decision, but...
Relax. Respect the Process.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »

I give up trying to predict this kid. He'd be a great asset and a great fit at Marquette, but I swear I remember him saying he was interested in getting away from home for the weather. I just hope he watches us play games in South Carolina, Hawaii, and at Florida and realizes he can get the best of both worlds here. Trips to beautiful destinations and staying close to home.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2012, 02:20:39 PM »

"Going at him the hardest" better mean we see him sporting MU shorts soon.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2012, 02:32:39 PM »
Stupid question, but does anyone know when Nunn is likely to announce a decision?  Obviously after he's *made* a decision, but...

Most likely by the end of the summer.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2012, 04:48:29 PM »

When he's visited UCLA and figured out for sure whether Kentucky has any real interest.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback