Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Smith on D WADE--the dirtiest player???  (Read 17995 times)

RawdogDX

• All American
Re: Sam Smith on D WADE--the dirtiest player???
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2012, 06:43:05 PM »
That is not my argument.  All fans are hypocrites, Bulls more so than other fans.  That is what I am saying.  That, and Wade isn't a douche, isn't a dirty player and for Bulls fans here or Smith in a column to say so and ignore their past is low.

I understand your theory.  (that bulls fans more so than others are hypocrites) You have given No evidence.  Nothing you've said has backed up that statement.  You just keep repeating rodman over and over again.  I ask how rodman is different from a dozen other examples and you have nothing to say. 

Wade has had his share of whining after calls, hard fouls and off court controversy.  Add that to the fact that he's on the biggest rivalry of a team that has earned cosecutive one seeds and you have given bulls fans reason to cheer against him.

Just get over Rodman and stop taking such offence to every disagreeable thing that people say about wade.  It's going to happen and it doesn't mean that bulls fans are special or different.

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Lots of folks complaining about D Wade being dirty
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2012, 10:15:13 AM »
Yeah, funny how the Pacers accused the Heat of first being floppers then dirty players.
Also funny how the only players that ended up with stitches and open gashes were the Heat.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2012, 11:11:13 AM »
So you, someone who hates the Bulls, "objectively" determines that their fans are bigger hypocrites than other fans (such as yourself). Dumbest argument ever.

Only one problem with your statement.  I do not hate the Bulls.  Some of their fans are hypocrites, but I do not hate the Bulls.

Are you channeling the wrong Jay Bilas again?

I understand your theory.  (that bulls fans more so than others are hypocrites) You have given No evidence.  Nothing you've said has backed up that statement.  You just keep repeating rodman over and over again.  I ask how rodman is different from a dozen other examples and you have nothing to say. 

Wade has had his share of whining after calls, hard fouls and off court controversy.  Add that to the fact that he's on the biggest rivalry of a team that has earned cosecutive one seeds and you have given bulls fans reason to cheer against him.

Just get over Rodman and stop taking such offence to every disagreeable thing that people say about wade.  It's going to happen and it doesn't mean that bulls fans are special or different.

Then you aren't paying attention.  I said all fans are hypocrites, but Bulls (and other teams) more so than others.  Rodman is just one example, but a fantastic one.  He really was one of the dirtiest players in NBA history.  Wade is not, so when I hear Bulls fans or Chicago Tribune columnist or Chicago Sun-Times coumnist or sports talk radio baffons here in town say Wade is dirty, it rings hollow. If these opinions came from Cleveland or New Orleans or Houston, then the reaction would be different because they haven't had the history of dirty players. There are other teams fans that fit the bill of Bulls fans, Detroit, the Lakers, Celtics, etc.  They love to whine about other teams but when their own are doing it, they are silent.  The problem is that there are certain teams fans that go above the bar of hypocrisy and the Bulls fans fit that bill. 

Start paying attention, I've given you examples including the best one out there. Dennis Rodman.  Want more evidence from other fan sites, here is some (start the BLEACHER REPORT SUCKS chants now - it's an opinion, not factual on who is dirty but it appears they are locked in on it as well).

25 Dirtiest Players of all time as of May 2012
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1176326-the-25-dirtiest-players-in-league-history/page/24

Dwyane Wade = NOT ON THE LIST

#3 Dennis Rodman
#4 Ron Artest
#16 Michael Jordan
#18 Joakim Noah
#23 Scottie Pippen

A 2012 poll by SI of actual NBA Players
Asked to rate the most dirty players in the NBA currently.  Wade doesn't make top 15. What do Bulls fans and Sam Smith know that the ACTUAL PLAYERS IN THE NBA don't know?   ::)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1204/nba.dirtiest.player/content.15.html

ESPN Page 2 Letters from fans has Rodman #4 all time NBA
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/readers/dirtiest/players.html

Complex Sports Magazine top 50 dirtiest athletes in any sport
#13 Dennis Rodman (#3 all time NBA)

http://www.complex.com/sports/2010/12/the-50-dirtiest-players-in-sports-history/bruce-bowen
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:35:56 AM by Hoopaloop »
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2012, 12:08:20 PM »
Youre actually taking a list from bleacher report seriously?

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2012, 02:31:23 PM »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1176326-the-25-dirtiest-players-in-league-history/page/24

#3 Dennis Rodman
#4 Ron Artest
#16 Michael Jordan
#18 Joakim Noah
#23 Scottie Pippen

That exact same website has a video titled "Dwyane Wade and the 10 Dirtiest Players Ever."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/707338-the-10-dirtiest-nba-players-ever-artest-malone-more

I don't have that strong of an opinion on Wade one way or another, but the rest of your "research" is equally asinine.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:53:12 PM by WI_inferiority_complexes »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2012, 03:47:28 PM »
Only one problem with your statement.  I do not hate the Bulls.  Some of their fans are hypocrites, but I do not hate the Bulls.

Are you channeling the wrong Jay Bilas again?

Then you aren't paying attention.  I said all fans are hypocrites, but Bulls (and other teams) more so than others.  Rodman is just one example, but a fantastic one.  He really was one of the dirtiest players in NBA history.  Wade is not, so when I hear Bulls fans or Chicago Tribune columnist or Chicago Sun-Times coumnist or sports talk radio baffons here in town say Wade is dirty, it rings hollow. If these opinions came from Cleveland or New Orleans or Houston, then the reaction would be different because they haven't had the history of dirty players. There are other teams fans that fit the bill of Bulls fans, Detroit, the Lakers, Celtics, etc.  They love to whine about other teams but when their own are doing it, they are silent.  The problem is that there are certain teams fans that go above the bar of hypocrisy and the Bulls fans fit that bill. 

Start paying attention, I've given you examples including the best one out there. Dennis Rodman.  Want more evidence from other fan sites, here is some (start the BLEACHER REPORT SUCKS chants now - it's an opinion, not factual on who is dirty but it appears they are locked in on it as well).

#3 Dennis Rodman
#4 Ron Artest
#16 Michael Jordan
#18 Joakim Noah
#23 Scottie Pippen

Asked to rate the most dirty players in the NBA currently.  Wade doesn't make top 15. What do Bulls fans and Sam Smith know that the ACTUAL PLAYERS IN THE NBA don't know?   ::)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1204/nba.dirtiest.player/content.15.html

ESPN Page 2 Letters from fans has Rodman #4 all time NBA
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/readers/dirtiest/players.html

Complex Sports Magazine top 50 dirtiest athletes in any sport
#13 Dennis Rodman (#3 all time NBA)

http://www.complex.com/sports/2010/12/the-50-dirtiest-players-in-sports-history/bruce-bowen

You've spent way too much time on this to argue over one's opinion.

But hey, that's the Chicos way.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2012, 06:25:38 PM »
Ignore the Bleacher Report then.  Use the one that is most important, the survey of actual NBA players.  Wade doesn't register anywhere.  Somehow Bulls fans and Sam Smith see something that the very guys that play against Wade night in and night out do not.  Why?  Because Wade plays for the Heat and if Wade played for the Bulls there would be no such commentary from Bulls fans or Sam Smith.

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2012, 08:39:27 AM »
Ignore the Bleacher Report then.  Use the one that is most important, the survey of actual NBA players.  Wade doesn't register anywhere.  Somehow Bulls fans and Sam Smith see something that the very guys that play against Wade night in and night out do not.  Why?  Because Wade plays for the Heat and if Wade played for the Bulls there would be no such commentary from Bulls fans or Sam Smith.

You keep throwing "Bulls fans" into your argument but it makes no sense. Sam Smith stated him opinion. Do I agree with him? No, but that's fine. He can have an opinion but it doesn't reflect the opinions of all Bulls fans nor does it have anything to do with Wade not signing with the Bulls or with Dennis Rodman.

Let's break this down simply. Fans cheer for the players on their team and tend to cheer against players on rival teams. If a player from Rival A signs with Rival B, then the fans of Rival B will cheer for him. That's how it works.

Yankees fans cheered for Roger Clemens.
Packers fans cheered for Jim McMahon.
Louisville fans cheer for Rick Pitino.
Vikings fans cheered for Brett Favre.
Alabama fans cheer for Nick Saban.
Cowboys fans cheered for Deion Sanders.

Cheering for a once-hated rival is not exclusive to the Bulls and Rodman.

If Urlacher signed with the Packers and helped them win 3 Super Bowls, do you think Packers fans would cheer for him?

If Jim Tressel became the Head Coach at Michigan and won 3 National Championships, do you think Michigan fans would cheer for him?

If Joakim Noah signed with the Bucks and helped them win 3 Championships, do you think Bucks fans would cheer for him?

If Derek Jeter signed with the Red Sox and helped them win 3 World Series, do you think Sox fans would cheer for him?

If Tom Crean came back to Marquette and won 3 National Championships, do you think MU fans would cheer for him?

If you said "No" to any of those hypotheticals then you simply don't understand fandom.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2012, 09:05:31 AM »
If Tom Crean came back to Marquette and won 3 National Championships, do you think MU fans would cheer for him?

Count me out.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2012, 09:18:50 AM »

Count me out.

Talk about a nightmare scenario.  Count me out as well.  I have principles.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2012, 09:24:23 AM »

Count me out.
I didn't cheer for him when he was here before. If he came back....good Lord...talk about Hiroshima!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2012, 10:05:41 AM »
Sam Smith is not a Bulls fan. He is a reporter/columnist who writes about the Bulls a lot.
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2012, 10:47:53 AM »

Then you aren't paying attention.  I said all fans are hypocrites, but Bulls (and other teams) more so than others. Yes, i have, i have responded to that several times.  You haven't been paying attention to me. Rodman is just one example, but a fantastic one.  He really was one of the dirtiest players in NBA history. Agreed Wade is not, agreedso when I hear Bulls fans or Chicago Tribune columnist or Chicago Sun-Times coumnist or sports talk radio baffons here in town say Wade is dirty, it rings hollow.So for the rest of time no bulls fan can call someone dirty? If these opinions came from Clevelandnever won anything. or New Orleans never one anythingor Houston, just signed Reggie Evansthen the reaction would be different because they haven't had the history of dirty players. Yes, i'm sure they wouldn't have jumped at a chance to pair rodman with the DreamThere are other teams fans that fit the bill of Bulls fans, Detroit, the Lakers, Celtics, etc.AKA; teams that have won.  They love to whine about other teams but when their own are doing it, they are silent.  The problem is that there are certain teams fans that go above the bar of hypocrisy and the Bulls fans fit that bill.  Because they didn't hate one player that brought three championships...

#3 Dennis Rodman
#4 Ron Artest
#16 Michael Jordan
#18 Joakim Noah
#23 Scottie Pippen The same pippen who played for the rockets?

No one is saying rodman isn't dirty.  THe evidence you haven't provided is an example of a city that hated a key member of their own championship team because he was dirty.  This has never happened.  You seem to want fans to dislike rodman.  If he was on the rockets and would have won a few titles with them, then the people of  Houston would magically have been bigger hypocrites in your book.  THe only fans not on your 'particularly bad hypocrites' list are fans that haven't has a chance to root for a dirty player.  Trust me, given the opportunity, they would.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »
Yankees fans cheered for Roger Clemens.

Yankee fans held their collective noses while cheering for Clemens.  They never accepted or liked that guy.  It wasn't the complete disdain/hatred that they had for guys that pitched poorly for them like Ed Whitson, Carl Pavano and AJ Burnett, but all the Yankee fans I know would much rather the Yankees never signed Clemens.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »
Yankee fans held their collective noses while cheering for Clemens.  They never accepted or liked that guy.  It wasn't the complete disdain/hatred that they had for guys that pitched poorly for them like Ed Whitson, Carl Pavano and AJ Burnett, but all the Yankee fans I know would much rather the Yankees never signed Clemens.

I agree.  I only accepted the Red Sox Clemens as a Yankee because he won.  Wade Boggs was different story for some reason?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2012, 01:38:32 PM »
No one is saying rodman isn't dirty.  THe evidence you haven't provided is an example of a city that hated a key member of their own championship team because he was dirty.  This has never happened.  You seem to want fans to dislike rodman.  If he was on the rockets and would have won a few titles with them, then the people of  Houston would magically have been bigger hypocrites in your book.  THe only fans not on your 'particularly bad hypocrites' list are fans that haven't has a chance to root for a dirty player.  Trust me, given the opportunity, they would.

That post, particularly the added bits in the quoted post, is simply massive pwnage. Nicely done, sir.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2012, 10:17:35 AM »
Talk about a nightmare scenario.  Count me out as well.  I have principles.

If Crean came back and we won 3 titles but you had your head so far up your rear end not to be happy for your school.  Tells me all I need to know.  You, PRN and others have principles that you selectively choose to apply.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2012, 12:47:06 PM »
If Crean came back and we won 3 titles but you had your head so far up your rear end not to be happy for your school.  Tells me all I need to know.  You, PRN and others have principles that you selectively choose to apply.

So if your friend sleeps with your wife and they run away together, but he comes back and buys you a new car everything would be good between you guys?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • βœ… Verified Member
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2012, 12:49:01 PM »
So if your friend sleeps with your wife and they run away together, but he comes back and buys you a new car everything would be good between you guys?

What kind of car?

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2012, 01:02:40 PM »

Let's be realistic here... we all know he would leave for a big name school after NC #1.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2012, 01:18:41 PM »
What kind of car?

Lexus?  Hoop seems like a Lexus kind of guy.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2012, 01:32:29 PM »
So if your friend sleeps with your wife and they run away together, but he comes back and buys you a new car brings you a younger, hotter, richer, and funnier wife, everything would be good between you guys?

Three National Championship'd
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2012, 01:38:11 PM »

4ever says count me out first. Bo and PRN agree. Yet instead of responding to/ripping the original poster, you quote Bo and tell him he has his head up his ass. And then you direct selective faux outrage at him and PRN over something you've imagined. You are some piece of work.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2012, 12:10:02 AM »
Ignore the Bleacher Report then.  Use the one that is most important, the survey of actual NBA players.  Wade doesn't register anywhere.  Somehow Bulls fans and Sam Smith see something that the very guys that play against Wade night in and night out do not.  Why?  Because Wade plays for the Heat and if Wade played for the Bulls there would be no such commentary from Bulls fans or Sam Smith.

Part A:
There are two things you have to do to convince me that anyone is a 'particular kind of hypocrite'.
1) Convince me that they are a hypocrites
2) Convince me that others wouldn't be in the same circumstance.

Your arguments are all about #1 and never touch on #2.  Can you point to one instance, in all of sports history, where a player or coach was integral in winning three championships was disliked.  Just one, any team sport.

Part B:
I hope you aren't including sam smith as someone who showed 'unlimited love' towards rodman:
Get rid of him in 96: http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1350&dat=19960723&id=Y2RPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=-QMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3541,6484917
He's a fraud: http://www.blogabull.com/2010/12/17/1882446/sam-smith-calls-rodman-a-fraud
He's what one email to the trib said about him in 98:
I found Sam Smith's column on Dennis Rodman's conduct (Tribune, Jan. 29) insulting to read. For the last year, Smith has belittled Rodman at every opportunity, even claiming in one column that Rodman was washed up as an NBA player. While other Rodman critics have at least noted his ability and dedicated play in the absence of Scottie Pippen, Smith continues with his insulting columns.

If anyone's conduct has been unbecoming, it's Smith's.

There were plenty of complaints about his behavior.  Perhaps not in whatever suburb you grew up in but I think your overall memory of the situation is tainted.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:18:22 AM by RawdogDX »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2012, 06:42:01 AM »
I hope you aren't including sam smith as someone who showed 'unlimited love' towards rodman:
Get rid of him in 96: http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1350&dat=19960723&id=Y2RPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=-QMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3541,6484917

Not at all on topic, but I found it hilarious that in that article, Smith endorsed signing Jayson Williams instead of Rodman because of character. At the time, Williams had already been accused of breaking a mug over a guy's head in a Chicago barfight and shooting off a gun in the parking lot of the New Jersey Nets arena. Unbeknownst to Smith at the time, Williams would go on to plead guilty to assault in the 2002 death of his limo driver, not to mention other bar fights and a DWI.

Not at all trying to say Rodman hasn't had plenty of legal issues of his own, but holding Jayson Williams up as the paramount of good behavior is pretty funny.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback