collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Scoop fishing thread  (Read 158765 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: Scoop fishing thread
« Reply #450 on: August 12, 2018, 09:00:41 AM »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #451 on: August 12, 2018, 09:28:13 AM »
How u post a pic?

Click on attach below the dialogue box

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #452 on: August 13, 2018, 01:44:34 PM »
My Dad used to fish on Fence Lake all the time, lots o' walleye and a few muskies.  Back in the day, Deming's Resort was part of Bob Peck's Resort and we used to go there when we were kids.  Used to be a fabulous fishing spot, along with Big and Little Crawling Stone.

Just got back from a long weekend at Fence Lake. It's a beautiful, clear lake and not terribly crowded. The fishing, though, was fairly mediocre. We pulled out loads of smallmouth, several of them good-sized (3-4 pounds), but not much luck with anything else, especially walleye. The locals said they definitely were out there, but even when we marked them on the finder, we couldn't get them to bite.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #453 on: August 13, 2018, 04:56:22 PM »
Just got back from a long weekend at Fence Lake. It's a beautiful, clear lake and not terribly crowded. The fishing, though, was fairly mediocre. We pulled out loads of smallmouth, several of them good-sized (3-4 pounds), but not much luck with anything else, especially walleye. The locals said they definitely were out there, but even when we marked them on the finder, we couldn't get them to bite.

For those who put faith into solunar calendars, this past weekend should have been one of the best fishing weekends in 2018.  Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like the eyes got the memo.

Out of curiosity, how were you fishing the smallies and walleyes, and at what depths were you at?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #454 on: August 13, 2018, 05:46:37 PM »
For those who put faith into solunar calendars, this past weekend should have been one of the best fishing weekends in 2018.  Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like the eyes got the memo.

Out of curiosity, how were you fishing the smallies and walleyes, and at what depths were you at?

For smallies we cast and trolled plastic worms and occasionally crawlers fairly close to shore, usually 10-12 feet deep, and along weed beds when we could find them (which wasn't often ... though I'm sure someone more familiar with the lake would have less trouble). Some of our best actually came off our dock, where there was a nice rocky drop-off going from about 6 feet to 18 feet in a hurry.
We looked for walleyes off deep rocky structures ranging from 20-60 feet deep, trying crawlers, plastics and trolling spinner/minnow combos. We found bunches of them stacked up, but couldn't get them interested in what we had to offer.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #455 on: August 19, 2018, 11:04:59 PM »
Some results from the 2018 National Championship Musky Open in Eagle River, Wisconsin.
There were 1,308 anglers who participated. Fishing was from 6am to 4pm this past Friday and Saturday, and from 6am to 11am today (Sunday).
There were 131 muskies caught.
Largest was a 49 incher caught on Lac Vieux Desert.  It was caught on a Fat Bastard, a surface bait.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #456 on: August 20, 2018, 10:04:19 AM »
Some results from the 2018 National Championship Musky Open in Eagle River, Wisconsin.
There were 1,308 anglers who participated. Fishing was from 6am to 4pm this past Friday and Saturday, and from 6am to 11am today (Sunday).
There were 131 muskies caught.
Largest was a 49 incher caught on Lac Vieux Desert.  It was caught on a Fat Bastard, a surface bait.

Wow... that’s about as close at you can get to a straight up 10% musky success ratio.

And yet, my son gets bored and upset with me that we sit on a boat for hours on those cool October weekends with no bites (granted, October and August muskies are two different situations).  I keep telling him those fishing shows on YouTube are heavily edited, just like HS basketball recruit videos... but he’s still dejected when freshmen don’t go 14 for 14 from the floor with 11 dunks and 3 fallback three’s.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #457 on: August 20, 2018, 12:19:37 PM »
Amazing luck for me was to catch my first (and only Musky) in the first 40 casts, and for it to be 51 inches.

Going back to the same waters in 2 weeks to test my luck again.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #458 on: August 25, 2018, 11:41:43 AM »
Amazing luck for me was to catch my first (and only Musky) in the first 40 casts, and for it to be 51 inches.

Going back to the same waters in 2 weeks to test my luck again.

Congrats!  Headed back to Namakagon for the weekend.  Something different bites every year... let's see what happens.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #459 on: September 01, 2018, 08:58:28 AM »
Visiting Jockey.  :)

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #460 on: September 02, 2018, 02:39:56 PM »
Dunks with the limit today!!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #461 on: September 02, 2018, 07:51:23 PM »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #462 on: September 02, 2018, 08:24:41 PM »
Caught 2 blue hills today, hot dogs were used for bait.

I'll be on FS Wisconsin Sunday mornings soon....

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #463 on: September 02, 2018, 09:01:05 PM »
Caught 2 blue hills today, hot dogs were used for bait.

Test line?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #464 on: September 02, 2018, 09:16:27 PM »
Pulled in a 32.5 walleye in my boat today. Fish of a lifetime. I was on the net.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #465 on: September 03, 2018, 08:21:30 AM »
Eye average 22 putts/rd, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

« Reply #466 on: September 04, 2018, 12:23:55 PM »
Similar to the smoker thread, want to open this up to to a fairly simple topic : 

What lures/baits do you use the most and/or get the most success? 

I want to try something new.  The tackle box is filled to the brim with options, yet go to the 2-3 typical standby's.

The situation : Lake that we're on has fair amount of panfish, largemouth, small northern and a few muskies here and there.  We don't panfish as we find it quite boring and go mostly for bass/northern combo.  Use a lot of spinnerbait's, rattlers, spinners.  Have dabbled with a jig/craw combo and danced it on the bottom, but didn't get much.  Lake varies between 5-10' deep for half of it, then gets deep to about 25-30.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #467 on: September 06, 2018, 12:01:42 PM »
Saw a 55” musky pulled out yesterday.  Caught on an Xrap. Unbelievable.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #468 on: September 06, 2018, 02:27:49 PM »
I just clicked on this thread to find out what you guys were talking about for the past 6 years.  I figured maybe it was the secret political thread and if I never read it, I wouldn't have to lock it.

Reaction: OMG, these nerds really have been talking about fish all this time.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #469 on: September 06, 2018, 02:56:56 PM »

Then you better stay away from the smoker thread.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #470 on: September 06, 2018, 07:47:36 PM »
I just clicked on this thread to find out what you guys were talking about for the past 6 years.  I figured maybe it was the secret political thread and if I never read it, I wouldn't have to lock it.

Ha, an IT guy calling someone a nerd.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #471 on: September 06, 2018, 07:49:54 PM »
Ha, an IT guy calling someone a nerd.

Ooh, my ban hammer was gathering dust.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #472 on: September 06, 2018, 09:46:19 PM »
Bad day on Tonka today.  Most boats only caught a few, many were skunked.  19” took the gold for largemouth.  They were there, just weren’t biting.  Summer to fall transition has begun.  Oh well, time to get ready for the fall muskies. 

mr.MUskie

• All American

Dr. Blackheart

• All American