[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Legal advice -- scammed  (Read 5877 times)

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
Re: Legal advice -- scammed
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 06:57:07 PM »
More of a hindsight thing for others but:http://travelsitecritic.com/reviews/1-2/cheapoair/
Nothing good about this 'company'

surprisingly the seller reviews on google are high: https://www.google.com/products/seller?zmi=cheapoair.com&hl=en&sa=X&ei=gya8T6bKCa7G6AGwqrBd&ved=0CA8QwQY
Maybe they have people trolling review sites?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 07:18:10 PM »
What do you have funding your PayPal account?  If it's a credit card, bring it there.  If it's a bank account, bring it there.  Claim that you have been fraudulently charged - which you have - and get in touch with their fraud department.  They will send a request to PayPal, and perhaps cheapoair, to explain the situation.  In my experience, the offender does not respond to the request and your bank/cc gets your money back for you.

Immediately after this, she removed her credit card info from PayPal so the charges couldn't go back to those accounts. My worry now is that because she took her account off PayPal, their fraud department won't be willing to help. The main credit card was linked to PayPal at the time of the charge, maybe that will help. I am an authorized user on the card, so I should be able to make the call.

And for whatever it might be worth, I just went to Cheapoair's website to see if our itinerary was still available. They are offering the same flight from Chicago to St. Thomas at the same time on the same exact flight numbers for even less than we originally purchased the seats at.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 07:41:39 PM »
Well, buy em, quick!  They wouldn't dare try to scam you a 2nd time.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 07:44:50 PM »
Well, buy em, quick!  They wouldn't dare try to scam you a 2nd time.

I thought about calling and telling them that instead of cancelling our tickets, they could just give us the price they are currently advertising...then I remembered about the person that bought tickets to Belarus and discovered her tickets were fakes once she got to her layover in Stockholm. Definitely buying from a reputable company this time around ;D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 08:06:06 PM »
I thought about calling and telling them that instead of cancelling our tickets, they could just give us the price they are currently advertising...then I remembered about the person that bought tickets to Belarus and discovered her tickets were fakes once she got to her layover in Stockholm. Definitely buying from a reputable company this time around ;D

I would be willing to bet that half the tickets to Belarus being sold online are fakes or invalid.  Probably more of an issue with the airline than Cheapoair... keep in mind that cheapo doesn't issue tickets, they merely sell them.  They can't sell that which doesn't exist, unless they too are being scammed.

At least they're not selling tickets to Wadiya dirt cheap.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 09:37:14 AM »

You'd wake up with one less kidney and a creepy Russian whispering "Peggy" in your ear.

Definitely hit your credit card company. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 12:38:03 PM »
Had a similar situation with cheapoair. Booked an overseas ticket and day of flight they emailed me looking for extra $900.00 Got my money refunded but had an important business trip delayed because of the this compay. Beware of them!!!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 09:08:12 PM »
This is from somebody on Tripadvisor.com

Here's how it works: You book a fight through cheapoair at a great price. An hour or two later, you get an email saying they can't honor that price, but offer a much higher one. You decline, and they cancel your reservation.

Then you check your credit card statement and realize they charged your card. You call them to dispute the charge and you sit on hold forever and get hung up on a few times. When you finally reach someone, they tell you that the refund is processing, and will take up to 4 months. Then they just sit on your money for that time period.

This is my ongoing experience. I know I should have researched them first, but I figured that since I discovered this company through an email sent to me by TRIP ADVISOR, they would be reputable. Their affiliation with this company makes me really question the integrity of Trip Advisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k3794547-Warning_Cheapoair_com_is_a_scam-Air_Travel.html

Hello.  This is Peggy.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2012, 10:22:11 AM »
The other thing I would do is take to twitter and Google+ to make them feel your pain. 
https://twitter.com/#!/cheapoair
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.