[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Montee Ball Arrested at Mifflin  (Read 10966 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Montee Ball Arrested at Mifflin
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 02:10:29 PM »
What a surprise.  Not a challenge to the point, just a personal attack.

There's no point to challenge, this isn't a political board. You made a stupid, dumb comment that had to relevance to the topic.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 02:35:46 PM »
Other than the fact that this is a badger athlete and we can revel in our neighbors to the west squirming, this is a non-story.    The only difference is how the Wisconsin media will approach it.    Athletes getting ticketed for not drinking underage.    BFD.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2012, 06:15:05 AM »
Classy.

I don't need to be classy.  This is a no politics board, yet you two keep injecting comments off hand.

Enough.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2012, 08:13:28 AM »
I don't need to be classy.  This is a no politics board, yet you two keep injecting comments off hand.

Enough.

So it's political when someone says they oppose a politician's attempt to line his own pockets but it is not political when that politician actually attempts to line his own pockets? Odd.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2012, 08:16:51 AM »
So it's political when someone says they oppose a politician's attempt to line his own pockets but it is not political when that politician actually attempts to line his own pockets? Odd.

Its political when you even bring it up that way.  That is all I am saying.  And since politics are verboten on this board...

you can connect the dots.

As far as I am concerned Herb Kohl's politics have nothing to do with the need for a replacement for the Bradley Center.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 08:17:41 AM »
My brother who lives in Madison said that the Police handcuffed everyone they gave citations to...for drinking, trespassing, etc. brought them to a central area about a block away, and write the actual ticket.

This is basically the city's attempt to kill off the Mifflin Street block party, and frankly it is hard to blame them for that.

Non-story.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 08:54:27 AM »

Enough.

Lighten up, Francis. Connie was making a joke.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 09:04:39 AM »
Lighten up, Francis. Connie was making a joke.

Nope, I don't think I will. I guess you could call it a joke... Seemed more like a cheap shot than a joke.

FWIW, I don't mind jokes.  I mind when people drop little political jokes and then people get offended and take the thread off topic. 

Feel me, brah?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 09:20:10 AM »
Should have been wearing some anti-Walker protest sign.  Then they would have just let him go.

Just read through it... this is the post that got Hards' panties in a bunch?

That's more of a Madison comment than a political comment. Lighten up.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 09:29:58 AM »
Just read through it... this is the post that got Hards' panties in a bunch?

That's more of a Madison comment than a political comment. Lighten up.

sigh.

🏀

• All American

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2012, 03:50:37 PM »
Found this post on a Badger board that might explain why Ball was arrested. Honestly, I don't think the incident is a big deal at all, but afte rthe Apartment 720 incident, it's quite funny to see the differences in which these have both been covered. I glanced at the Twitters of Milwaukee sports radio hosts and maybe one Re-tweet of a Ball tweet that (None of his originals, but the one that looked like it was written by a PR person in the AD). There wasn't any wild speculation and multiple follow up articles, or wondering what kind of program Bielema and Alvarez are running.

BuckyFanatic06 wrote:

I am friends with the person who will remain anonymous of which called this in. If you want the real story I will give it to you so that no retaliation is to be taken on my friend's property. If you all weren't entirely aware, every property on Mifflin was personally visited by police prior to the event. They made it very clear that if they don't know everyone at the party on or in their property, there was a potential for citations to be handed out to the renters. The people whom occupy the unit had only allowed friends on their property, in order to follow protocol given out by the police. Someone (Montee) began attempting to shoulder/break in to the house. When they thought the door was going to be broken down, one of the occupants opened the door and asked the man trying to bang the door down to leave. He simply replied with an answer similar to "I can do whatever I want" and proceeded to camp out on the porch.

The renters then warned him that if he were to stay on the property, they would call the police. The police were then called and Montee was asked to remove himself from the porch. He told the police the same thing he told the occupants. That is why Montee was arrested. Some of you really need to think before you write on boards like this. If you don't have the factual evidence, don't point fingers. The media has seemingly saved face on this incident for Montee.

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2012, 05:29:10 PM »
Oops.  Already posted somewhere else.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 06:18:25 PM by Warriors10 »

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2012, 06:25:21 PM »
Please God, have that explanation written by a UW fan and not MU. It was bordering on illiterate. Don't they have composition anymore?

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2012, 07:42:34 PM »
Nope, I don't think I will. I guess you could call it a joke... Seemed more like a cheap shot than a joke.

FWIW, I don't mind jokes.  I mind when people drop little political jokes and then people get offended and take the thread off topic.  

Feel me, brah?
For the record, I found the comment humorous and agree it was outside the rules and should not be made on the board. But calling someone a moron for that?  Really?  A bit of an irrational and immature reaction.

Oddly, though, I have yet to see your indignation with political comments or humor from a certain perspective.  In fact, I have read posts where you participated and I have commented about your selective indignation at that time.  At least if you call someone a moron, be consistent and police it both ways.  I doubt that would ever happen though.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:44:56 PM by MUMac »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2012, 07:57:46 PM »
For the record, I found the comment humorous and agree it was outside the rules and should not be made on the board. But calling someone a moron for that?  Really?  A bit of an irrational and immature reaction.

Oddly, though, I have yet to see your indignation with political comments or humor from a certain perspective.  In fact, I have read posts where you participated and I have commented about your selective indignation at that time.  At least if you call someone a moron, be consistent and police it both ways.  I doubt that would ever happen though.

Because I'm human, and can only take it so long, myself.  That's why I respond.  I never start anything, nor do I add to anyone from my 'certain perspective'.  I just reply to the trash that I can only take so much of.

90% of the time, if I see a political comment I just use the 'report to moderator' function and say nothing.

I guess I'll just be doing that from now on.

feedback