[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Will Milwaukee Become A Refugee Camp For Chicagoans?  (Read 5654 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Will Milwaukee Become A Refugee Camp For Chicagoans?
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »
Debatable. FFF does one thing extremely well and world class, use Citra / Amarillo hops very well to produce a line a beers which displays them perfectly - no arguing that. But when they step out of that boundary, the beer isn't nearly as good IMO.

Hey, don't mess with happy...?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 11:18:52 AM »
Debatable. FFF does one thing extremely well and world class, use Citra / Amarillo hops very well to produce a line a beers which displays them perfectly - no arguing that. But when they step out of that boundary, the beer isn't nearly as good IMO.

Personally... I think Citra is a bit over-hyped but certainly agree that Three Floyds puts a perfect frame around the picture.

We're probably going to laugh someday when the Citra, Simcoe, Amarillo, etc. parentage get out and they turn out to be something stupid like variations on a Cascade-Chinook cross.  (Yakima can't guard it forever... brewers are very persistent, ingenious, and rogue folks who are intrigued by black-ops missions to undisclosed hops farms in SW Wisconsin.)
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 12:26:44 PM »
PTM your a prick. Plain and simple. Just wait till a better beer comes from the county that Munster is in. Then hopefully you disappear from the board and never return

I see what you did there.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 12:28:09 PM »
Do Miller and Coors count as a Chicago beer if MillerCoors's headquarters is in Chicago?  

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 02:33:41 PM »
Do Miller and Coors count as a Chicago beer if MillerCoors's headquarters is in Chicago?  

Be nice.  A big muckety-muck at MillerCoors (and MU classmate of mine) sponsors a men's basketball schollie.
Have some patience, FFS.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2012, 06:55:35 PM »
Completely disagree.......I can name 3 breweries in Chicago (Goose, Revolution and Half Acre) that trump any beer in made in Milwaukee.

That may be. But Seattle puts evrything in the Midwest to shame. This is the epicenter of the microbeer revolution. We grow the world's best hops. Oh, and the water.

If Micros aren't your thing then there is always Oly & Rainier. Any of you remember the old Rainier commercial? Just a motorcycle going through its gears.

Gear One: Rayyyyyyyyyyy
Gear Two: Neeeeeeeeeeer
Gear Three: Beeeeeeeeeer

Classic.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2012, 10:08:49 PM »
That may be. But Seattle puts evrything in the Midwest to shame. This is the epicenter of the microbeer revolution. We grow the world's best hops. Oh, and the water.

If Micros aren't your thing then there is always Oly & Rainier. Any of you remember the old Rainier commercial? Just a motorcycle going through its gears.

Classic.

I am looking forward to going to Seattle in September again for quite a few Manny's - really solid IPA. Hoping to hit Georgetown up for a growler to bring back in my suitcase. PNW IPA's are some of the worlds best and favorites.

Overall though, the best West Coast breweries are in California with Firestone, Bear Republic, Russian River, The Bruery, et all as it seems the PNW gets too caught up in just making IPA's - which they make some of the best in the world - but their maltier beers aren't as great. Though, that is just opinions, which are like pretty boys, everyone has em - and you know the rest.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2012, 06:21:10 AM »

Classic.

It must be easy to know a lot about the rest of the country's beer by living way up in one corner of it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 07:34:10 AM »
Don't we already have a 100 page beer thread?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2012, 07:51:00 AM »
Though, that is just opinions, which are like pretty boys, everyone has em - and you know the rest.

The auto-filter is always good for a few laughs.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2012, 08:28:30 AM »
Don't we already have a 100 page beer thread?

Dude...it's only 35 pages....Hiroshima and shhhitttt...
But I like to throw handfuls...

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 03:49:53 PM »
1. Isn't SE Wisconsin already Chicago's camp starting in May anyway...

2. I think Chicago leapfrogged Milwaukee over the last couple years in producing quality beer.  Half Acre, 5 Rabbit, Goose (non-mass produced stuff - Honker's and 312 are just OK), Revolution, etc. are better than Sprecher, Lakefront (who I do like) and others.  I think the big thing is influence.  Milwaukee breweries seem largely content making traditional products that they've stuck with forever.  Chicago seems to get a broader influence in the production of the beers.  5 Rabbit making Latin influenced beers (Vida y Muerte is ridiculous when available).  Half Acre offering mid-west takes on traditionally west-coast styles.  The only place in Milwaukee that I've seen much innovation is New Glarus - but their bread and butter are traditional beers, done very well. 

Are there innovative breweries in Milwaukee? 

* to be fair, I haven't had a Sprecher in ages.  It's never made me think I was drinking something special.  Lakefront I'll get in Milwaukee, but I don't seek it out otherwise.  New Glarus I'll pick up and bring home, though my motivation for doing so is waning. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 04:03:26 PM »
I used to love Sprecher, heck, I used to buy it in the 1 liter returnables before they bought a used bottling machine from Pabst, but I think when they started pastuerizing years ago in order to distribute it all over the flavor went right out the window, rarely do I drink any Sprecher or Capital for that matter

there area alot of very good brewers in WI outside of Milwaukee besides New Glarus; Hinterland, Central Waters and O'So make some very good beers, Tyranena makes a few in their Brewers gone wild series and Milwaukee Brewing Co. is starting to make some good brews