[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: David Aldridge's Big Board  (Read 6250 times)

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
David Aldridge's Big Board
« on: May 02, 2012, 07:03:56 PM »
Has Jae Crowder as the 4th best Small Forward in the draft. Also he's projecting him to go in the mid/late first round. Good stuff

http://www.nba.com/news/features/david_aldridge/big-board-small-forwards/index.html

Clam Crowder

• All American
Re: David Aldridge's Big Board
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 07:07:32 PM »
DJO not mentioned anywhere at all, not really too surprising

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 07:10:24 PM »
Probably just me, but I'm taking Moe Harkless over Harrison Barnes all day.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 07:13:52 PM »

You're not alone. Barnes is a poosee

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 10:00:07 PM »
I like this quote:

"I think he makes it in our league," the GM said of Crowder. "I don't know if he's a rotational player or not, but he's going to be a guy that it's going to be hard for a coach to cut. No matter where he goes, you're going to love him because of how hard he plays."

Frankly, I still have trouble believing Jae is a pro 3, but I've been wrong at least once or twice these last few decades (if memory serves) and I hope I'm wrong again!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 10:06:27 PM »
You're not alone. Barnes is a poosee

And the NBA is now a game for poosees. Stars get star treatment. His game is better suited for the NBA, which is why he will be really good. He'll get to the line 15 times a game in his prime, just like Wade, LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Rose, etc. They can all go 4-23 shooting but still have 28 points. Teams can no longer punish players for driving the lane so much either because they'll just be given a T for the slightest force on a foul now as well. It becomes very predictable when a foul will be called and when a whistle will be swallowed based solely on the name on the back of a jersey who is guarding/shooting. It's quite commical. Barnes will be a really good NBA player.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

nyg

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 06:27:06 AM »
Nice props for Jae.  I always look forward to the Chicago pre-draft, where the actual heights of the players are revealed, not the University/College Athletic Department heights. 

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 12:16:21 PM »
And the NBA is now a game for poosees. Stars get star treatment. His game is better suited for the NBA, which is why he will be really good. He'll get to the line 15 times a game in his prime, just like Wade, LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Rose, etc. They can all go 4-23 shooting but still have 28 points. Teams can no longer punish players for driving the lane so much either because they'll just be given a T for the slightest force on a foul now as well. It becomes very predictable when a foul will be called and when a whistle will be swallowed based solely on the name on the back of a jersey who is guarding/shooting. It's quite commical. Barnes will be a really good NBA player.

I find that when a person craps all over a sport, it's usually a sign that their team sucks.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 12:29:07 PM »

I loved it when I saw the wolves were projected to take this kid. Although I think Waiters is more of a need for them.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 04:43:01 PM »
I find that when a person craps all over a sport, it's usually a sign that their team sucks.

Oh yeah, absolutely they do.  The problem is that I didn't care about them even when "my team" didn't suck.  Never cared about the Bucks, even with the "Big 3" going to the Eastern Conference Finals.  The NBA has become filled with prima donnas and it's a joke.  I never, ever sit down and watch a regular season NBA game.  I finally start watching games during the Playoffs because there is actually some sort of attempt at defense and some sort of energy and emotion in the games, but even still the stars get every single call they want when they want it, which is why it is beyond shocking that the Heat did not win the NBA Championship last year, and would be even more shocking if they failed to win it this year.

"My team" has been the Sonics/Thunder ever since the day they selected Kevin Durant.  Easily my favorite athlete ever.  So fun to watch.  Makes everything look so easy.  But even though he doesn't "act" like a star and get all these tattoos all over his arms (he has them all over his body, but is smart enough to keep them all hidden under his jersey) and isn't all about himself, he still gets the star treatment.  He had 26 points on 5 made field goals.  16 free throws from one player in a basketball game?  That is way, way too many, especially when he has a point guard who likes to keep the ball in his own hands rather than get it into Durant's hands.  And guys like LeBron, Wade, Kobe, etc. have it even better.

I have been tempted to call Durant the greatest offensive talent in basketball history, but then I remember that MJ averaged 30 a game for his career, when teams actually played defense, and not every little tap gets called like some dude just tackled the guy.  Some of the intentional fouls called in games are a complete joke (see: Lebron flopping around like a stranded fish after running into a screen, and some fouls preventing players from taking an uncontested layup...those would be normal, good fouls 10 years ago.  Not now...not even close).

The NBA is becoming more and more like soccer.  A bunch of field fairies running around seizuring until they get a call.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:46:16 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 05:10:01 PM »
Oh yeah, absolutely they do.  The problem is that I didn't care about them even when "my team" didn't suck.  Never cared about the Bucks, even with the "Big 3" going to the Eastern Conference Finals.  The NBA has become filled with prima donnas and it's a joke.  I never, ever sit down and watch a regular season NBA game.  I finally start watching games during the Playoffs because there is actually some sort of attempt at defense and some sort of energy and emotion in the games, but even still the stars get every single call they want when they want it, which is why it is beyond shocking that the Heat did not win the NBA Championship last year, and would be even more shocking if they failed to win it this year.

"My team" has been the Sonics/Thunder ever since the day they selected Kevin Durant.  Easily my favorite athlete ever.  So fun to watch.  Makes everything look so easy.  But even though he doesn't "act" like a star and get all these tattoos all over his arms (he has them all over his body, but is smart enough to keep them all hidden under his jersey) and isn't all about himself, he still gets the star treatment.  He had 26 points on 5 made field goals.  16 free throws from one player in a basketball game?  That is way, way too many, especially when he has a point guard who likes to keep the ball in his own hands rather than get it into Durant's hands.  And guys like LeBron, Wade, Kobe, etc. have it even better.

I have been tempted to call Durant the greatest offensive talent in basketball history, but then I remember that MJ averaged 30 a game for his career, when teams actually played defense, and not every little tap gets called like some dude just tackled the guy.  Some of the intentional fouls called in games are a complete joke (see: Lebron flopping around like a stranded fish after running into a screen, and some fouls preventing players from taking an uncontested layup...those would be normal, good fouls 10 years ago.  Not now...not even close).

The NBA is becoming more and more like soccer.  A bunch of field fairies running around seizuring until they get a call.

It really shows by your comments, most of which are ridiculous and way off-base. You sound like Chicos or some Badger fan complaining about the NBA.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »
Durant is no Jordan.

However, he's closer than Kobe likes to think he is.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 06:08:04 PM »
It really shows by your comments, most of which are ridiculous and way off-base. You sound like Chicos or some Badger fan complaining about the NBA.

What is off base? Do you disagree with all of that? Are stars not given star treatment? Do teams not play defense? Are refs/the leagues not being insanely over sensitive on ridiculous foul calls? It's the way sports are going. Football is the same, but at least they have reasons for it in football, where head injuries are causing death. Do you think teams could still get away with "Jordan Rules" like the Pistons (and others used to)? You're in denial if you do not think these things are going on/the game has transformed.

Durant is no Jordan.

He's definitely closer than Kobe. He might not be there yet, but I could see Durant passing Jordan purely from an offensive standpoint. He will never be close defensively, and, in turn, overall player. But offensively, being only 23, he's already darn close. What might set him apart is his ability to just shoot over people, just being a 6'10 wing.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 06:45:12 PM »

He's definitely closer than Kobe. He might not be there yet, but I could see Durant passing Jordan purely from an offensive standpoint. He will never be close defensively, and, in turn, overall player. But offensively, being only 23, he's already darn close. What might set him apart is his ability to just shoot over people, just being a 6'10 wing.

He can definitely get there (scary good), but he needs to start collecting rings as well.

Thunder need to trade Westbrook for better suited talent.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 07:42:17 PM »
Durant is no Jordan.

Yes, because Kobe hasn't done a damn thing in his NBA career. And even if Jordan says that Kobe is the one player who reminds him of himself, what does that mean? And screw all those championship rings. Anybody can win those. Kobe ... ha ... I laugh at Kobe.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 07:49:03 PM »
Yes, because Kobe hasn't done a damn thing in his NBA career. And even if Jordan says that Kobe is the one player who reminds him of himself, what does that mean? And screw all those championship rings. Anybody can win those. Kobe ... ha ... I laugh at Kobe.

+1

The hate for Kobe sometimes is amazing. Durant is good, but he's 5 rings behind Kobe. It's also laughable to suggest the Thunder should trade Westbrook (2nd among pg in win shares this year), that's a comment Skip Bayless would make.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 07:49:36 PM »

Jordan will say that because he knows Kobe isn't his level. Jordan's scared of Durant.

Kobe has done great and is great... being Kobe.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 07:50:53 PM »
+1

The hate for Kobe sometimes is amazing. Durant is good, but he's 5 rings behind Kobe. It's also laughable to suggest the Thunder should trade Westbrook (2nd among pg in win shares this year), that's a comment Skip Bayless would make.

Laughable? Nah. It's painfully obvious he doesn't belong. Westbrook will continue to show you why over the next month and a half.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 07:58:18 PM »
Are stars not given star treatment?

This is highly exaggerated. Stars get calls because they put generally put pressure on the D and make them react.

Do teams not play defense?

Probably the most often said negative thing about the NBA and I think it's a myth. In the course of an 82 game season, guys do coast at times (as does MU at times when they play UWGB or Coppin State or even some lower level BE teams) but there are a lot of really, really good defenders in the NBA but sometimes the offense is just so good that it can make even the best defenders look silly.

Are refs/the leagues not being insanely over sensitive on ridiculous foul calls? It's the way sports are going. Football is the same, but at least they have reasons for it in football, where head injuries are causing death. Do you think teams could still get away with "Jordan Rules" like the Pistons (and others used to)?

I agree with this somewhat. I think the league has gotten a little too ticky-tack with some stuff, but I think they want to stay away from the hard-nosed image they had after Jordan left in the late 90's and early 2000's when the league really had no identity.

You're in denial if you do not think these things are going on/the game has transformed.

How is the game different from the 80's when Magic and Bird were duking it out? Those teams definitely didn't play great D with the league scoring average probably 10 points higher (too lazy to look it up).

Or different from the 90's during Jordan's runs when the league was so low-scoring, resembling the tough-nosed game that many hear make fun of the B?? (and speficically the Badgers) for sometimes here?

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 08:01:19 PM »
Laughable? Nah. It's painfully obvious he doesn't belong. Westbrook will continue to show you why over the next month and a half.

Ok Skip. Should Tebow also have been the MVP over Rodgers last year?

Continue? Does that mean you think he played bad the 1st 2 games in the playoffs or in the regular season when he helped lead the Thunder to the 2 seed? When did he show you he doesn't belong? I've yet to see that.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 08:04:37 PM »
Ok Skip. Should Tebow also have been the MVP over Rodgers last year?

Continue? Does that mean you think he played bad the 1st 2 games in the playoffs or in the regular season when he helped lead the Thunder to the 2 seed? When did he show you he doesn't belong? I've yet to see that.

Continue with not passing the ball or continuing to fight with the best player in the NBA right now?

His style does not fit. Durant is better off with a passing PG and a scoring 2 instead, it's very easy to see that.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 08:33:34 PM »
Continue with not passing the ball or continuing to fight with the best player in the NBA right now?

His style does not fit. Durant is better off with a passing PG and a scoring 2 instead, it's very easy to see that.

Since when are Westbrook and James on the same team? :)

Who would you trade Westbrook for? The only guy I'd say for sure is Paul. I know Westbrook isn't a traditional pass-first PG, although he did average over 8 assists the last 2 years (not sure why they went down this year I don't watch enough Thunder games to know), but he brings so many other things to the game. His scoring doesn't allow other teams to key on Durant or Harden, making those guys that much harder to plan for (plus it's really only those 3 that can really score at all on a consistent basis on that squad)

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 07:45:14 AM »

So... This makes you an expert?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 08:27:34 AM »
DJO not mentioned anywhere at all, not really too surprising

I still think DJO gets drafted. I look at the names on that list and there's really only one advantage some of those guys have, which is height. When you get to the second round, people are more willing to take fliers, and DJO is a proven scorer who can shoot, drive to the lane, finish in traffic, has done it in a major league, and is NBA-ready now. He's not a project, not a guy where you wonder if he'll develop the body for it, he can do it all now. Granted, he's not a starter, he probably never will be, but if you are looking for a solid scoring option that can come off the bench (maybe 7th-9th man) he's ideal. And coming from Marquette, he'll carry on the hard-working reputation that has served guys like WesMat and JFB so well.

Maybe I'll end up being proven wrong, but I think he's one of those safe picks in the second round of a guy who may never be a star, but will be a solid contributor.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.