Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rankin reports MU recruiting 2015 guard Austin Grandstaff.  (Read 43248 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: Rankin reports MU recruiting 2015 guard Austin Grandstaff.
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2013, 09:30:34 AM »
I know you guys like to have fun, but this dialog is a perfect example of how we can hurt recruiting. Making fun of a recruits name is not a good idea.

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2013, 01:14:49 PM »
I know you guys like to have fun, but this dialog is a perfect example of how we can hurt recruiting. Making fun of a recruits name is not a good idea.

+1000

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2013, 05:30:25 PM »

Teal? Or should I just get off your lawn?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2013, 05:52:30 PM »
I thought Depends would be a perfect NASCAR sponsor for Dick Trickle, and that never happened...

Dick Trickle should have been sponsored by the company that makes Penicillin.

Death on call

wiscwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2013, 06:38:43 PM »
Teal? Or should I just get off your lawn?

Really???

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2013, 06:41:38 PM »
Grandstaff is in Minneapolis this weekend and I've been giving him a long, hard look.

Nice stroke. Just had 25 (11/18 FG, including 3/6 3FG), 6 rebounds, 4 assists in a 2 point win tonight.

We knew he could stroke it all night but is he still taking it to the hole with authority?

Death on call

tower912

• All American
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2013, 08:41:10 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 08:44:32 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2013, 01:22:25 AM »
Rockwall stars Elijah Thomas, Austin Grandstaff transfer
Jan. 9

Sophomore Austin Grandstaff of Rockwall has transferred at mid-season to Huntington Prep in West Virginia, the top-ranked prep school in the nation. Grandstaff will play for Huntington when it's featured on ESPN at 3 p.m. (CST) Saturday in a live broadcast from the MLK Round Ball Classic in Virginia. Huntington features 6-8 senior Andrew Wiggins who is featured as Canada's LeBron James after transferring from Toronto.
Top-ranked Class of 2015 prospect Elijah Thomas of Rockwall also transferred to Deion Sanders' Prime Prep Academy last month. Thomas played in Prime Prep's victory over Huntington last week. The 6-8 Thomas is considered one of the nation's top college prospects. He stood out among top prospects by scoring 18 points on 8-for-10 shooting with five rebounds in 12 minutes. Thomas has been compared to the NBA's Zach Randolph because of size, strength with light feet, a soft touch, and can drive off the dribble.
Thomas joins a star-studded cast of players at Prime Prep including nationally recruited junior guard Emmanuel Mudiay and seniors Jordan Mickey (LSU) and Karvair Shepherd (TCU.)
Starters at Rockwall since freshman, Grandstaff and Thomas have been considered two of Texas' top youth players with Austin's dad, Wes Grandstaff among North Texas' most prominent select team coaches. Austin Grandstaff already has offers from Arizona, Marquette, SMU, UMass, Oklahoma and Texas A&M. He also has received early recruiting attention from Alabama, Duke, Kansas, Syracuse, Boston College, Oklahoma State and Texas.
Grandstaff had a strong first-half of the season at Rockwall. In his last two games, Grandstaff scored 62 points.

Feb. 14 Update
Highly regarded Austin Grandstaff has transferred to Plano West but it's undetermined if he will become eligible as West heads into the Class 5A state playoffs next week. Wes Grandstaff, Austin’s father, told The Dallas Morning News on Thursday that everything must be approved by Saturday and said that it’s “unlikely.”
One of the Class of 2015's top sophomore point guards, needs approval of a waiver from the District 10-5A executive committee that allows his residence to be in Plano. Matt Wixon of the dallasnews.com reported Grandstaff's parents are separated, but not divorced, and his father lives in the Plano West attendance zone and his mother lives in the Rockwall zone.
Grandstaff started as soon as he transferred to Huntington Prep, which had lost a player in December after being the nation's top-ranked team. But West Grandstaff told dallasnews.com that Austin quickly got homesick and returned to Texas and enrolled at Plano West on Jan. 30.
Plano West already has two of the Class of 2015's top prospects with 6-3 shooting guard Soso Jamabo and 6-6 forward DJ Hogg. Plano West has qualified for the 5A state playoffs.

Feb. 16
Austin Grandstaff wasn't approved to play for Plano West in the Class 5A state playoffs, according to his father Wes Grandstaff.  A top-rated sophomore point guard for the Class of '15, Grandstaff will play for West next season and is currently preparing for a heavy spring and summer AAU season with Team Texas. West plays Richardson in the first round at Plano East on Tuesday.

March 8
Austin Grandstaff transfers back to Rockwall:

Austin Grandstaff has transferred back to Rockwall, according to his father Wes Grandstaff. Austin started the 2012-13 season at Rockwall but transferred during the holiday for a chance to join highly ranked Huntington (WV) Prep. But Austin became homesick and transferred to Plano West in his father's attenddance zone. Grandstaff was not immediately approved by the UIL district executive committee for eligibility under UIL transfer rules and returned to Rockwall.
SS Marquette

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2013, 02:24:16 AM »
Really???

Yea really. If you honestly think a kid will make his decision based on a fan board making innuendos about his name then he probably wouldnt even get through boot camp.

wiscwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2013, 08:28:53 AM »
Yea really. If you honestly think a kid will make his decision based on a fan board making innuendos about his name then he probably wouldnt even get through boot camp.

You may be right, but why make Buzz's job harder by having to explain the genius of message board comments and how they really are inoffensive? Aren't there enough obstacles out there and why create another potential one. I've heard that in the past, comments on message boards have affected recruiting. Maybe the prospect isn't offended, but his parents are. I repeat, why go there?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2013, 09:00:52 AM »

Remember that one of the reasons Vander decommitted from UW was because of what they were saying about his intelligence on their message boards.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/11776517

So yes...what uninformed message board posters can say about a prospect can most definitely hurt recruiting.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2013, 10:14:32 PM »
Grandstaff to OkSt. Cowboys have to be glad he's coming!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2013, 10:40:22 PM »
Grandstaff to OkSt. Cowboys have to be glad he's coming!

Grandstaff has stood out thus far but can he keep it up?

Death on call

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2013, 11:25:22 PM »
Grandstaff has stood out thus far but can he keep it up?

I think so - the conference is a great fit for him.

Grandstaff screams "BIG 12".

onepost

• All American
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2013, 12:40:25 AM »

I fear that keefe was just adding on to the Grandstaff jokes, but once again, thank you Jay Bee for your insight. You da man.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2013, 01:06:37 AM »

There was no doubt he belongs in the Big 12. I think OK State is the right fit. Nobody wanted him as a Sooner...

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2013, 04:45:46 AM »
Hopefully this didn't come to a premature climax.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:30:55 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

nyg

• All American
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2013, 06:41:11 AM »
He will be taking his talents to Oklahoma State.  Committed yesterday.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2013, 11:28:30 AM »
6'3", 6'5", 6'9", 6'10", SG, PG, Big Man. Damn, he's the modern day "Stretch Armstrong". We need a superhero.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

Death on call

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2014, 08:48:29 AM »
Grandstaff has opened it back up. Competition for his services will be stiffer than ever.

PS- really like his TT teammate Matt McQuaid as well. Both traditionals who can shoot, but also do a lot more.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2014, 12:38:10 PM »
Mike Hunt will undoubtedly be welcoming.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2014, 01:11:28 PM »
I no longer get excited about recruits. Buzz will sit them on the bench anyway:/

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2014, 01:16:27 PM »
I no longer get excited about recruits. Buzz will sit them on the bench anyway:/

Another gem from Dreadman24
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2014, 01:20:30 PM »
Another gem from Dreadman24

not many people quote him. but when they do, i remember why he's on ignore