collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Blair Kiel dead at age 50  (Read 1215 times)

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

GGGG

• All American
Re: Blair Kiel dead at age 50
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »
I remember this like it was yesterday.  Back in 1990, Blair Kiel has a decent game in relief of Anthony Dilweg against the Seahawks, who himself was starting for the oft-injured Don Majkowski.  Packerland was abuzz that they *finally* found a quarterback who could step in when the Majik Man was injured, and looked forward to the game against the Reggie White lead Philadelphia Eagle the next Sunday.

Which the Packers lost 31-0...and it wasn't even that close.  And I distinctly remembering having the thought during that game that the Packers were never going to be good during my lifetime.

hairy worthen

• All American
Re: Blair Kiel dead at age 50
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 11:05:04 AM »
I remember this like it was yesterday.  Back in 1990, Blair Kiel has a decent game in relief of Anthony Dilweg against the Seahawks, who himself was starting for the oft-injured Don Majkowski.  Packerland was abuzz that they *finally* found a quarterback who could step in when the Majik Man was injured, and looked forward to the game against the Reggie White lead Philadelphia Eagle the next Sunday.

Which the Packers lost 31-0...and it wasn't even that close.  And I distinctly remembering having the thought during that game that the Packers were never going to be good during my lifetime.

too lazy to look it up, but that may have been the game Reggie called Tony Manderich the turnstile after he abused him all day.  Yes those were dark days.

feedback