[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Enlund's Blog] Police report says MU players involved in altercation  (Read 15581 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
I managed to get some security camera photos.  As the second photo shows, their might be something to DJO and a bottle.

Isn't that Jae Crowder breaking up in fight in the first photo.  I didn't even know he was there.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Agree 100%

That St. Patrick's Day rap concert on Water St. was insane, and of course ended in a big brawl.

Clearly just bringing this incident up makes you and anti-Irish racist or a Notre Dame fan.

You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
nice post.  you may have forgotten more than i know, but the fact you're arrogant enough to post that makes me think otherwise.  even if you have, i'm happy i haven't forgotten how to at least be decent.  i never called you a racist, which makes me wonder why you immediately went in that dirrection, and the person who shot and killed martin was a hispanic, so being white i'm not sure where you want to take that.  i just think blaming rap/hip-hop music for violence/trouble is similar to blaming a hoodie for a young man's death.  i guess you and geraldo are on the same page...i see it differently.  as far as convicting zimmerman, i'll leave it to the courts, but i hope it goes to the courts because where i come from you better have a dang good reason to chase after, shoot, and kill an unarmed child who had just walked to the store and paid for a snack after dispatchers told you to leave the kid alone.   

you better go back and review the real facts of the case-zimmerman did not chase tyvon. and zimmerman was getting the schmit knocked out of him.  zimmerman also backed off after the 911 call and was going back to his car when trayvon suddenly re-appeared and the fight was on.  trayvon wasn't the alter-boy he was first portrayed as and was much bigger than mr. zimmerman.  did that give zimmerman the right to shoot/kill him?  that's going to be the million dollar issue.  i'm not going to touch the rest of your comments as i see they are already tainted by the racist and bised media. does duke lacrosse team ring any bells?  yet this needs to be re-reviewed outside of the media, but the damage is already done.  i hope justice prevails.  the racist part?  i know you did not call me a racist, but i was kinda responding to all the posts against me in one.  skatman called me a "super racist" and southie says i'm "ignorant".  i'm not arrogant, just standing up for myself.  i don't think an english teacher is going to give south a passing grade for his argument, but that goes with the territory.  

Goose

• All American
Real
My son works down in the area and was there when this came down. At first he texted pics of the squad cars and simply said it was crazy with cops and MU players. Was surprised that nothing came out in upcoming days and refrained from posting on topic. My son, who is not big ball fan, said it was a bunch of activity over nothing. He would not know VB from Larry Bird and he felt it basically was not a big deal. Told me that if not for me being big MU fan he would not have even mentioned it to me.

A week or so later a good friend of the program told me there was thorough investigation and nothing other than underage tickets would come if it. Sitting here today I would say my sons report and friend of the program were spot on.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
Putting aside the underage drinking (minor deal) and potential fisticuffs (no one filed a complaint) .. the thing that irritates me most is .. once again, Marquette's reaction to not just come out with the damn story.  

It was just freaking inevitable that, with a spectacle like this, 30 people involved, a bar being shut down, 11 squads being called that of course, a record of the police report was going to be made public.

So when police report #1 comes out, instead of mentioning the altercation, MU sticks with "underage drinking" when they certainly knew it was more than that.  The media, and radio stations pounce with rumors worse than the truth.

Well, gosh, now police report #2 comes out and lays out the big picture and here we go, an unnecessary round #2 in the media where breathless media will report MU players being in an altercation -- which was inevitable, just could have come out in 1 news cycle instead of 2 .. which makes it look like MU was trying to hide the full story/cover it up.  

Oh, wait, here it is, Standard Operating Procedure, page 1.  

Queue the "well, what did you want them to say?" in 3...2..1...

This guy... spot on!  Nice work Hilltopper!
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

Goose

• All American
Topper
Normally agree with your posts but this time you might be reading too much into it. I think many, if not all of us, knew there was incident in late jan and nothing ever came out about it. As I mentioned I was going to say something on the 30th and felt why talk about nothing. As weeks went by and nothing ever was reported it became a complete non event to me.

I would rather see school be proactive in off court issues when it is needed. This incident to me has to do with the kids and their patents first and then the kids and school. If the incident was bigger issue then statement is needed in my opinion. Often I think school makes PR mistakes but in this case not so sure. Just my two cents.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
this is old "friggin" news and whatever....  the only new news is there were fights, but unless i missed something, no warriors were involved.  but my question to the audience is why there seem to be more fights, shootings at these rap music venues??  there always seems to be a big fight erupting and many times, unfortunately someone firing off a gun to put an exclamation on the thing.  what is it about rap music that breeds fights and gunshots? :o

Old, white, and sheltered.  Feel bad for you.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
Old, white, and sheltered.  Feel bad for you.

what????? ?-(    speakin of racism...how do you know what my ethnicity is?  can't argue the points so you punt.  did you see any of my other posts?  do some homework, learn something and think for yourself rather than writing from the hip.   

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
what????? ?-(    speakin of racism...how do you know what my ethnicity is?  can't argue the points so you punt.  did you see any of my other posts?  do some homework, learn something and think for yourself rather than writing from the hip.   

So says the guy who thinks every rap concert or evening at a hip-hop nightclub ends with "x" number of bullets flying  ::)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

reinko

• All American
People are confusing racism and prejudice.  Racism denotes folks with power actively keeping others of different races from receiving certain rights, usually through acts or intimidation.  While prejudice is people making negative statements or generating stereotypes about people from certain backgrounds, and drawing conclusions based on those false generalizations.

Language is important folks.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
what happened to the rest of the comments??  all you have to do is tell us...whatever...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Ghosts in the machine ;D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
Congrats, Marquette.  You made the news again tonight.

One of the things I do appreciate about Chicos/Hoopaloop is his point that there doesn't have to be anything substantive about these stories. The problem is that they keep on coming and that Marquette has little or no ability to control the message, and acts like total buffoons when the stories do come out. (E.g. "Pray about it" on the front cover of the Tribune) There's a cumulative effect here that Marquette seems helpless to counter.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
what happened to the rest of the comments??  all you have to do is tell us...whatever...

Moved the Florida stuff to the superbar.

real chili 83

• All American
Where's your Messiah nowwwwwwwwwwwww?

Couldn't resist.  Watching the Ten Commandments for the 50 billionth time.   ;D

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Clearly just bringing this incident up makes you and anti-Irish racist or a Notre Dame fan.

Yes, but we all know it wasn't the irish dudes fighting. It was the dudes listening to rap.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
Yes, but we all know it wasn't the irish dudes fighting. It was the dudes listening to rap.

nice cloak

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
nice cloak

Anytime you mix large groups of young people, and specifically young males together with alcohol (and other assorted recreational drugs), you will have some problems.

Has nothing to do with skin color or music.

EXAMPLE: Riverspalsh was canceled in Milwaukee due to too many incidents, and the expense of the security involved. I don't remember any of the musical acts being hip hop artists. It was all generic cover bands and some local acts.

feedback