2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [GoMarquette.com] Statements From Head Coach Buzz Williams, AD Larry Williams  (Read 25607 times)

YoungMUFan4

• All American
A growing number of speculative news reports concerning the future of Marquette men’s basketball coach Buzz Williams has led to the following statements from Williams and Director of Athletics Larry Williams:

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/032712aac.html

“I want to thank all of our fans, alumni, students and administration who provided incredible support throughout our second consecutive Sweet 16 run,” head coach Buzz Williams said.  “We are already looking forward to next season with a core group of returning players, while welcoming new recruits into the Marquette family.  I am excited to build on our past success and we will continue to work to be the absolute best we can be. The future remains bright for our program, and our institution."

Williams recently completed his fourth season at Marquette and led the program to its second-straight Sweet 16 appearance.  The Van Alstyne, Texas, native is 96-45 in four years (46-26 BIG EAST) and MU has advanced to the NCAA Championship in each of those campaigns.  The Golden Eagles were 27-8 overall in 2011-12 and 14-4 in the BIG EAST Conference, helping the squad to its best-ever finish since joining the league in 2005-06.

“Coach Williams is a good man, great coach and I look forward to working with him in the coming years” Director of Athletics Larry Williams said.  “As we move forward, we want to make sure we stay focused on the rich history and core values that underpin this very unique program – among the elite in the nation – by continuing to emphasize our mission of remarkable success on the court and the classroom.”

Buzz Williams and Larry Williams will have no further comments relating to this matter.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:43:59 PM by mu_hilltopper »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Statements from Buzz and Larry
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 06:42:28 PM »
Now this, I'll leave as a new thread.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 06:42:52 PM »
Lock it.  Sticky it.  Refer to it next year.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

GoMarquetteSays

Statements From Head Coach Buzz Williams, AD Larry Williams

A growing number of speculative news reports concerning the future of Marquette men's basketball coach Buzz Williams has led to the following statements from Williams and Director of Athletics Larry Williams.

http://onlyfans.cstv.com/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/032712aac.html

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 06:45:14 PM »
Awesome! Great end to this ridiculousness!!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »
Andy Katz ‏ @ESPNAndyKatz

Close

Marquette announces that Buzz Williams is staying put, ending the odd SMU speculation (wishful thinking by the Mustangs).

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 06:47:45 PM »
Well this is boring...there's no room for inferring anything! I'm going back to the other thread.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 06:48:01 PM »
So, all of this has been about nothing THE WHOLE TIME?  Color me STUNNED. SHOCKED.  BLOWN AWAY.

TJ

• All American
Great to hear.  Sadly necessary, but great to hear.

The Special Brew

• Walk-On
Wait, but what does this mean? PLEASE GOD, TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS?

I'd like to thank everybody on this board, AD Larry Williams, and Marquette Coach Buzz Williams for wasting my entire day on conjecture, bs, and fun posting. Now, I must return to work so I can get home by 10.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 06:52:54 PM »
Well this is boring...there's no room for inferring anything! I'm going back to the other thread.

I know, we ALL need to know if someone's best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Buzz HAVING A SAD with Larry Williams and Father Pilarz about comments in the Journal Sentinel.  

Guess this renders the other thread about as useful as Abed's Imaginarium on "Community."

StillWarriors

• All American
The wording of LW's statements always leave me wondering what message he's really trying to send....this is no different.

That said, glad it's over... until next year.

StillWarriors

• All American
Now, I must return to work so I can get home by 10.

Same here. Ouch.

warthog-driver

• All American
The wording of LW's statements always leave me wondering what message he's really trying to send....this is no different.

Both statements are pregnant...

Warriors10

• All American
LW states the obvious and doesn't endorse Buzz.  Something tells me (my head) that if this was last year, with A&M and Oklahoma calling, he'd be gone.

GB Warrior

• All American
Some people on this board just got their ego stroked by being described as "a growing number of speculative news reports"

seinfeld

• Scholarship Player
well, diva coach will throw another tantrum the same time next year, he better hope there are no assaults in the next 12 months

jmayer1

• All American
well, diva coach will throw another tantrum the same time next year, he better hope there are no assaults in the next 12 months

F off troll!

The Special Brew

• Walk-On
Hell, if some other 'sexy' job opens up, I hope LW just tell BW to take it. This is stupid, two years in a row? He's obviously got eyes for something 'better' and I hope we don't stand in the way.

That said, I think he's a great coach and great for Marquette. I sincerely hope he doesn't have eyes for something else...

TomEnlundSays

[Enlund's Blog] Comments from Buzz, Larry Williams
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 07:00:10 PM »
Comments from Buzz, Larry Williams

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/144471285.html

warthog-driver

• All American
Some people on this board just got their ego stroked by being described as "a growing number of speculative news reports"

I think we can all take a great deal of pride in stoking the flames of conjecture. This was a tremendous exercise in banality for which we will be able to tell our grandchildren about some day. The bottome line is that we achieved the Holy Grail of Pranksterdom - eliciting a response. Not only did the mainstream media acknowledge our conjectures (the virtual equivalent of TPing a house, prank phone calls, etc...) but the targets our our activity - the Williamses - were forced to say something. We accomplished greatness today, comrades, true greatness. We can stand tall and take our place in line with the great pranksters of the ages. I am humbled.  

SERocks

• Team Captain
How on earth can this be?  SMUxxx promised us Buzz was gone!

Lighthouse 84

• All American
So, SMU 1-2?.....what say ye now?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

real chili 83

• All American

Where's the ban hammer?

nyg

• All American
"make sure we stay focused on the rich history and core values".

Sounds like both parties had their opinions heard and worked it out.  

Keep the focus Buzz and see you in the fall.....