Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ESPN 1000 (Chicago) On Why No One Wants The Illinois Job  (Read 8121 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: ESPN 1000 (Chicago) On Why No One Wants The Illinois Job
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 10:13:52 PM »
You know ... I might just have to change my name for this board. I'd say I have a big mouth (which would be true), but it's my fingers dancing on the keyboard that are gonna get me in trouble.

No more name-dropping!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
Re: ESPN 1000 (Chicago) On Why No One Wants The Illinois Job
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2012, 06:44:29 AM »
Are u kidding me??? Guys like Ellis, Rivers, wade, mcneil? Etc!!!  Prolly over the years 20% of our recruits have come from chicago, that is a huge number.  Even a bigger number in the sense that a very large % of those kids have been really good!!

times have a changed dude-the big shots command a aaaahhem, some "respect".  in shicogo, respect means green baby.  from the parents to the coaches, these guys expect some "respect" and the coaches, unless they don't mind steppin into a pile of steamin excrement right off the bat and continue to walk with that on their shoes for a few years, don't want to have that stink.  think living with mr. maymon for awhile...well there are a lot of mr. maymons out there.  point is, is it worth walking around with crap on you're shoes in a "stepping stone" school as many are saying here although i disagree some about that and MU.  MU can be an end game for some if they so choose and i think if buzz get's the support here(and the "respect"), he is here to stay