[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Which candidate of the other party has impressed you most this year and why?  (Read 15122 times)

Murffieus

• All American
The 70% of the people were correct when they said Saddam was involved in 9/11----He was indirectly involved as he was also a  part of the the Sunni Radical Islam element that made 9/11 fanaticism possible.

Nazi Germany was not directly involved in Pearl Harbor either-----but indirectly they were part of the same movement that made Pearl Harbor possible----connect the dots!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 08:22:48 PM by Murffieus »

Murffieus

• All American
So Cal----I don't know where you got that quote by Kristol-----maybe out of context, but i have heard him many times refer to the" biased liberal media"!

tower912

• All American
Murf, Saddam was a secular thug who was in direct opposition to Al Qaeda, the mastermind of 9/11.  He did not trust bin Laden, feared bin Laden was going to try to overthrow him, and when he used religion, did so as a prop.   Please stop, you are embarrassing yourself.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Murf, Saddam was a secular thug who was in direct opposition to Al Qaeda, the mastermind of 9/11.  He did not trust bin Laden, feared bin Laden was going to try to overthrow him, and when he used religion, did so as a prop.   Please stop, you are embarrassing yourself.

You're right, he didn't trust Bin Laden but thought enough of him to paint the 2 towers going down (Bin Laden's actions) in his palaces.  He also allowed AQ members to setup camps in Iraq.  Plenty of evidence out there to suggest this.  Many explained in the books and articles below from 2004 through just last month (April 2007).

The Connection: How al Qaeda's Collaboration with Saddam Hussein Has Endangered America

Camp Saddam; What we've learned about Iraq's terrorist training camps

Their Man in Baghdad; What Zarqawi--and al Qaeda--were up to before the Iraq war

Saddam's Terror Training Camps; What the documents captured from the former Iraqi regime reveal--and why they should all be made public.

Saddam's Secrets: How an Iraqi General Defied & Survived Saddam Hussein

Murffieus

• All American
Hey Tower----since when are you so concerned with Murf's welfare that he may be "embarrassing himself" in your words?

Since the gulf war Saddam embrace Islam (probably fake, but non the less he was in the Mosques on all fours bowing to Allah. He was doing the same thing all those hypocrites do and that is pretend to worship Allah and in the process hyjack a religion!

Saddam and Bin Laden had two very important things in common-----they both hate Israel and they both hate the USA----there is an old saying, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"!

Pakuni

• All American
Great point.  I refuse to live my life in fear as well, nor am I suggesting anyone should.  I'm talking more about this notion that whenever something comes up now that suggest the realities of terrorism are still very much there (Fort Dix, etc), it sure seems to get almost no play in the press.  That is more than a coincidence in my mind.

We spend more time analyzing some idiot personal injury attorney in Atlanta flying around the world with non-contagious TB as if 300,000,000 Americans are on their death bed then examining the very people out there that actually would love nothing better to do then hurt others.  The press clearly buys into the notion "there is no terrorist threat" (uttered so lovingly by Michael Moore).  I've heard folks from the AP and other news organizations site this line with complete duplication.  And I guess they are right....that is until another attack which is absolutely sure to happen.

Incidentally, the results of a poll ongoing right now (take it for what it's worth...I don't like polls much and this is definitely a push poll on a conservative site)

That poll is yet another ludicrous example of the sad sense of victimhood that now pervades the right as much, if not more, than the left. The media is out to get us. The media hates us Christians. The media loves terrorists. The media, the media, the media. If conservatives spent half as much time trying to get things done in Washington and eliminating the crooks from their midst as much as they do griping about the media, they may actually still be in power. What a bunch of pathetic, whining pansies conservatives have become. Reagan and Goldwater, I hope, are spinning in their graves.

As for the assertion that the press believes "there is no terrorist threat" ... if that were the case, how do you explain the JFK plot leading every news report Saturday and being out front in most newspapers Sunday morning and nearly as many today, two full news cycles later? After all, why would the press give such expansive coverage to something that doesn't exist?

p.s. The TB guy was contagious. Where did you get that he was not? If he wasn't contagious, why did they quarantine him? (Hint: because he is contagious).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 11:30:51 AM by Pakuni »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Nice straw man....no one said the media hates Christians or loves terrorists, but if it made you feel good I guess knock yourselves out.

The media, in my opinion, does not believe there is a terrorist threat.  They will give it a passing glance for a day or two, and then it's on to the really important stories.   ::)

Pakuni

• All American
Nice straw man....no one said the media hates Christians or loves terrorists, but if it made you feel good I guess knock yourselves out.

The media, in my opinion, does not believe there is a terrorist threat.  They will give it a passing glance for a day or two, and then it's on to the really important stories.   ::)

Actually, it wasn't a straw man, it was an exaggeration to make a point.
Regardless, you're arguing semantics now. the fact, which you have yet to dispute, is that a substantial portion conservative movement is in a perpetual state of self-induced victimhood. Rather than work to promote an agenda and keep their own house in order, they're obsessed with Michael Moore, how liberals are out to destroy their values or how the media is so gosh darn unfair.
It's pathetic.

Pray tell, what is it that you base your opinion that the media does not believe there is a terrorist threat?
And please, no quoting overweight documentarians to prove your point.

feedback