[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [PaintTouches]Buzz Williams clears the air on post-game comments  (Read 5506 times)

PaintTouchesSays

Buzz Williams clears the air on post-game comments

Written by: Mark Strotman

Marquette coach Buzz Williams asked me today to clear the air and to clarify comments made regarding his press conference following Marquette’s 62-53 win over Murray State. Williams made comments referring to those who had “jumped off the boat” on … Continue reading →

http://painttouches.com/2012/03/20/buzz-williams-clears-the-air-on-post-game-comments/

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: [PaintTouches]Buzz Williams clears the air on post-game comments
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 10:21:57 AM »
Oh jesus, thanks for calling me out strotty.  He doesn't read MUScoop so he never would have needed to know I shared his email with other basketball nerds!  Ah well :P

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 10:24:51 AM »
I don't think the majority of people cared all that much about his postgame comments, everyone was jumping ship on those two and he had every right to say it. Now you have wasted Buzz' time this week twice. Let the guy coach and don't waste his time having him respond to stupid emails.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 10:25:08 AM »
I think you may have received a canned email Skat.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 10:27:23 AM »
I don't think the majority of people cared all that much about his postgame comments, everyone was jumping ship on those two and he had every right to say it. Now you have wasted Buzz' time this week twice. Let the guy coach and don't waste his time having him respond to stupid emails.

This.  Few if any people care about Buzz's postgame comments.  Stop distracting him with e-mails people!

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 10:28:39 AM »
I like the guy more everyday.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 10:29:02 AM »

I cared because it was my publication, and was asked to contact him. And then Buzz asked me to post this BECAUSE so many people were asking about it. Thank you for your concern, though.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 10:29:23 AM »
This.  Few if any people care about Buzz's postgame comments.  Stop distracting him with e-mails people!

I just sent him an e-mail apologizing for my fellow Scoopers who have been distracting him with emails.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 10:31:49 AM »

I just sent him an e-mail apologizing for my fellow Scoopers who have been distracting him with emails.

I emailed him apologizing for your apology.  Really unprofessional, sultan.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 10:32:16 AM »
How does the men’s basketball beat reporter for the Marquette Tribune get through an entire season without introducing himself to the head coach?  

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 10:33:38 AM »
Matter closed.

Strotty, you're going to be a helluva reporter.  What you've written over the course of the year is spot on.  Chin up.  Let's now focus on those butt munchers at FLA.

And we all know sultan and skat are totally unprofessional.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 10:34:12 AM »
I emailed him apologizing for your apology.  Really unprofessional, sultan.

Has he replied yet?  Can you post his response?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
And we all know sultan and skat are totally unprofessional.

I'm really tired of your personal insults.  We have feelings too, you know.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »
I'm really tired of your personal insults.  We have feelings too, you know.

LOL.  Man it's fun to be in the Sweet 16!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 10:39:44 AM »
LOL.  Man it's fun to be in the Sweet 16!

The weeks between tourney games are always the best.  A lot of free time to soak in the au jus :)

LON

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 10:45:25 AM »
The weeks between tourney games are always the best.  A lot of free time to soak in the au jus :)

But does au jus help prevent one from getting callouses?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 10:49:43 AM »
I cared because it was my publication, and was asked to contact him. And then Buzz asked me to post this BECAUSE so many people were asking about it. Thank you for your concern, though.

On the bright side, if MU loses, at least we can all rally together and blame strotty for the loss since he forced Buzz to take 10 minutes to read and respond to an e-mail.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 10:51:22 AM »
But does au jus help prevent one from getting callouses?

You don't get callouses when you use your mouth.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 11:03:27 AM »
I wonder if his asst printed out the "Should Buzz Williams Be Sent To Prison?" thread.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MisterJaylenBrownMU

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »
On the bright side, if MU loses, at least we can all rally together and blame strotty for the loss since he forced Buzz to take 10 minutes to read and respond to an e-mail.

That's 10 minutes that Buzz could have been spending on the Florida forums gathering invaluable scouting intel.  

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 12:09:49 PM »
It is an absolute joke that Buzz even feels compelled to address this crap.  Buzz was right on with his comments..we have a lot of knee jerk, sky is falling, overreacting fans in our fan base.  No college kid who is busting his a$$ in this program deserves to have to hear/read:  We need a point guard.  Think for a minute if you are Junior Cadougan and you have to see/read this crap in the MU Tribune..or even on here...gotta be like WTF.

Please for the love of God, leave Buzz alone...the grown ups among us really don't need an explanation.  The guy is simply defending his players/program like most good coaches do..and shouldn't have to apologize for that.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Albert Gator

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 12:12:44 PM »
This.  Few if any people care about Buzz's postgame comments.  Stop distracting him with e-mails people!

You guys actually think your coach is reading emails and answering them?  Hilarity.  If he is, then he has an issue.  No way he is spending one second on what the dorks here or any other message board think about his team.  No real coach does.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 12:14:09 PM »
You guys actually think your coach is reading emails and answering them?  Hilarity.  If he is, then he has an issue.  No way he is spending one second on what the dorks here or any other message board think about his team.  No real coach does.

I now know for sure that you don't know anything about Marquette or Coach Buzz.  Hopefully your coach does a better scouting job or you guys aren't going to make it out of the first half.

Albert Gator

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 12:21:01 PM »
I now know for sure that you don't know anything about Marquette or Coach Buzz.  Hopefully your coach does a better scouting job or you guys aren't going to make it out of the first half.

If what you say is true and your coach is worried about emails two days before a Sweet 16 game, then I love our chances even more.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 01:41:43 PM »

I agree!  Ridiculousness! 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 01:53:16 PM »
This episode is the mother of all Marquette basketball forum facepalm incidents.

/speechless

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 01:55:37 PM »
If that indeed was Buzz replying personally to Mr. Strotman, I am impressed. The fact that he took a few minutes out of his day shouldn't hamper his preparation any more than taking a few minutes out to eat or go to the bathroom would.

I do have a little issue with Buzz and any other public figures who claim never to read what's in the media but are quick to condemn the media for writing/saying something he supposedly never read. Taking things read by others and relayed to you as gospel and then commenting on that hearsay isn't the best form, IMHO.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »

I think it's time you started a "We need a MU Tribune beat writer!!!" thread.

leever

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 02:46:16 PM »
If what you say is true and your coach is worried about emails two days before a Sweet 16 game, then I love our chances even more.

Albert -

You're going to have to post stupid comments on many more threads to get to triple figures on your total posts!  Personally, I think you can make it easily, but others are going for the under.

I have questions:

1. Does your team practice foul shots?  This is significant to us and could be the key to the game.
2.  Do you know anything about gerunds?
3.  Is your middle initial "E"?  If so, that would be really funny.  You know, Al E Gator.  Man, that would be clever.  Chomp!  Chomp!

I look forward to your response.  Thanks Y'all.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 10:16:24 PM »
If that indeed was Buzz replying personally to Mr. Strotman, I am impressed. The fact that he took a few minutes out of his day shouldn't hamper his preparation any more than taking a few minutes out to eat or go to the bathroom would.

I do have a little issue with Buzz and any other public figures who claim never to read what's in the media but are quick to condemn the media for writing/saying something he supposedly never read. Taking things read by others and relayed to you as gospel and then commenting on that hearsay isn't the best form, IMHO.

buzz could have replied to the email from the crapter...2 birds, 1 duece.

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 10:41:49 PM »
It is an absolute joke that Buzz even feels compelled to address this crap.  Buzz was right on with his comments..we have a lot of knee jerk, sky is falling, overreacting fans in our fan base.  No college kid who is busting his a$$ in this program deserves to have to hear/read:  We need a point guard.  Think for a minute if you are Junior Cadougan and you have to see/read this crap in the MU Tribune..or even on here...gotta be like WTF.

Please for the love of God, leave Buzz alone...the grown ups among us really don't need an explanation.  The guy is simply defending his players/program like most good coaches do..and shouldn't have to apologize for that.

+1   The comments made by Buzz have bothered me since i heard that press conference.  He can deny not reading message boards but that was my very first thought when he said what he said -- that he "has to read these boards".  I was getting extremely tired of reading all the negativity regarding certain players (especially after the Louisville loss)  and hope that the players have stayed away from reading this stuff.   

JoBo2756

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 11:02:08 PM »
Seems like a self-important student journalist is on the loose.. stop making a big deal outta nothing and let Buzz do his job PLEASE.

feedback