Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Was Buzz calling out MUScoop specifically  (Read 7860 times)

ATWizJr

• All American
Re: Was Buzz calling out MUScoop specifically
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2012, 03:05:54 PM »
Fair enough.  I guess I thought you were talking about this board because I'd venture a guess that the "silent majority" of which you speak has absolutely no idea that some poster on Scoop ever said that that we needed a new point guard.  They have absolutely no idea the comment was made...so I'm not sure why they're "way too silent."  They're not going to respond to a comment that they never heard.

Unless you're just talking about "way too silent" in terms of support of the program in general.  If that's what you were talking about...never mind.

And for the record, I'm not suggesting that some people wouldn't do well to tone down the rhetoric.
Thanks.  It's clear from the presser, at about the 13:30 mark on, that Buzz and the team were offended by the "we need a new pg" comments.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2012, 03:09:40 PM »
Thanks.  It's clear from the presser, at about the 13:30 mark on, that Buzz and the team were offended by the "we need a new pg" comments.

That is not true:

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=31729.0

LON

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2012, 03:13:48 PM »
Go read my posts and if you want to PM me to hash this out, by all means. 

I'm done.  I got it all out of my system now.

Besides, it's not like I'm the only one that took your comments a certain way.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=31170.0;all

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2012, 03:15:13 PM »
Did Duke really have to shut down their boards because of the loss last week?   Or were you saying that rhetorically?

The Duke Scout board really did shut down after the loss to Lehigh.  Whether or not the university had something do with it, I don't know. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »
The outrage I felt at the "we need a point guard" thread is that i doubt any players or coaches sit there and wade through pages of comments to see who is winning the argument.  But I believe it's very likely an idiotic headline like that is seen and then someone hears there are tons of comments about us needing a new point guard.

Don't forget it was too long ago that we had a thread asking "why the Jae Crowder love" and hitting all his supposed weaknesses.  The comments were just insane criticism of just about the only guy in the country who guards 5 positions and has now been judged one of the 10 or 15 best players (2nd or 3rd team All-American) of 4000 D1 players in the country.  I just don't understand what's accomplished by headers like, "we need a new point guard," or "why the Jae Crowder love?".

Maybe it doesn't matter, but it certainly can't help with recruiting or anything else, and headers like that are nothing like constructive criticism of why were are being too aggressive on defense and in turn giving up too many lay-ups.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2012, 04:04:15 PM »

The Duke Scout board really did shut down after the loss to Lehigh.  Whether or not the university had something do with it, I don't know. 

After it was posted, I went to the Scout/Duke site to see it "closed" .. I was able to read their bball forum, and see recent messages.   I seemed to be in the right place, but it appeared open.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2012, 04:31:08 PM »
Have you read the this thread?  The opening post alludes to post game comments by Buzz in which he mentions comments about him "needing a new point guard."

Yeah I read it.  I still don't see what makes it obvious that he was talking about that thread. Is this board the only place where that was said?  There weren't any callers, blogers, boosters, tweeterests, writers complaining about JR after the bet?  
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:34:45 PM by RawdogDX »

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2012, 05:12:58 PM »
That is not true:

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=31729.0
He specifically mentioned "we need a point guard" in the presser.  That should be clear enough.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:16:25 PM by ATWizJr »

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2012, 05:18:11 PM »
Yeah I read it.  I still don't see what makes it obvious that he was talking about that thread. Is this board the only place where that was said?  There weren't any callers, blogers, boosters, tweeterests, writers complaining about JR after the bet?  
  Dont' know about callers, boosters, tweeters, writers and bloggers.  Do know for certain that it was a subject on this forum.

JD

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2012, 05:22:25 PM »
  Dont' know about callers, boosters, tweeters, writers and bloggers.  Do know for certain that it was a subject on this forum.

Glad I'm not this naive
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2012, 05:36:23 PM »