[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: IPad Y'All?  (Read 5819 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
IPad Y'All?
« on: March 08, 2012, 01:42:24 PM »
Back in the day, we used slide rules and typed on manual typewriters (either pica or elite). If you've never heard of either, google it. I don't make this crap up. Therefore, not claimin' to be the most tech savvy dude on this board. Whatda make of the new IPad? No Siri, but better definition. Worth da bread? Wi Fi or 4G? Speak your onions.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
Re: IPad Y'All?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 01:46:02 PM »
In the same boat as you as far as technology but here is an interesting article.....maybe someone can chime in more about if it is accurate.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/apple-officially-reveals-ipad-yes-probably-going-want-214507105.html

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 01:47:14 PM »
Back in the day, we used slide rules and typed on manual typewriters (either pica or elite). If you've never heard of either, google it. I don't make this crap up. Therefore, not claimin' to be the most tech savvy dude on this board. Whatda make of the new IPad? No Siri, but better definition. Worth da bread? Wi Fi or 4G? Speak your onions.

I have the WiFi only iPad2 and an iPad original.  Not planning on purchasing the new one.  High definition on a screen that small makes little sense to me because the resolution is already outstanding anyway because of the smallness of the screen.  There are times I wish I had the coverage (3G for mine) and they do sell month to month plans if you wish to go down that path.  However, with so many places with free wifi, I get by just fine and don't have to worry about data charge issues.

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 01:47:33 PM »

Very few here could pull the old "pica or elite" reference out of their ars. Well done.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 01:51:16 PM »
Very few here could pull the old "pica or elite" reference out of their ars. Well done.

Royal typewriter.  Still have it.

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

reinko

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 01:53:22 PM »
Siri is a novelty, I have an iPhone 4, and the Mrs. has the 4S, and she has used maybe 5 or 6 times in the past few months.  

Right now, you can get a 16GB iPad2, refurb for $349...that is a tasty price.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 01:53:57 PM »
Royal typewriter.  Still have it.

yup, remember having it in our house as a kid. If you pushed down several keys at once they all stuck together on the page.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 01:54:52 PM »
Siri is a novelty, I have an iPhone 4, and the Mrs. has the 4S, and she has used maybe 5 or 6 times in the past few months.  

Right now, you can get a 16GB iPad2, refurb for $349...that is a tasty price.

Or a new one.

Apple has plans to continue selling the iPad 2 alongside the new models throughout the rest of the year. Now an entry-level wifi-only iPad 2 with 16GB of storage retails for $399, with its 3G counterpart going for $529.

If you aren't the type who simply has to have the latest and greatest in your hot little hands, it's a great time to look at the iPad 2 as a price-friendly tablet option.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 02:24:17 PM »
I've got an Ipad.  Use it a lot for surfing Scoop.

Biggest bummer is that it does not have flash.  If the new I pad does not have flash too, and if you like to do flashchat during games, you will be SOL.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 02:59:55 PM »
I've got an Ipad.  Use it a lot for surfing Scoop.

Biggest bummer is that it does not have flash.  If the new I pad does not have flash too, and if you like to do flashchat during games, you will be SOL.

Apple (specifically Jobs) and Adobe have been bitching at each other for years which is why you see no Flash.  It sucks.  My only real complaint of the device is lack of flash.

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »
Most people go wifi. So many places offer it and 4g is going to cost you around $50 a month. wifi for sure. If you have an iPhone no doubt.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 03:25:49 PM »
Nook or kindle.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 07:22:35 PM »

MU_LOL

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 08:07:42 AM »
I have the WiFi only iPad2 and an iPad original.  Not planning on purchasing the new one.  High definition on a screen that small makes little sense to me because the resolution is already outstanding anyway because of the smallness of the screen.  There are times I wish I had the coverage (3G for mine) and they do sell month to month plans if you wish to go down that path.  However, with so many places with free wifi, I get by just fine and don't have to worry about data charge issues.

idk brah the switch in resolution to the retina display on the iphone is pretty sweet
I'm Ron Burgundy?

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 08:18:25 AM »
idk brah the switch in resolution to the retina display on the iphone is pretty sweet

What language is that?  By the way your screen picture kind of creeps me out. No offense it just does for some reason

MU_LOL

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 08:37:17 AM »
What language is that?  By the way your screen picture kind of creeps me out. No offense it just does for some reason

I do not know, dear old chap, but it is in my most humble yet accurate opinion that the improvement in resolution in the iPhone were quite astounding; perhaps impressive enough to warrant an upgrade to an iPad 3.

Also my picture is seriouscat!
srs? lol
I'm Ron Burgundy?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 09:19:52 AM »
Got a $149 32GB HP Touchpad during the firesale weekend last August.  Does everything I need it to do and more.

GuyIncognito

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 09:27:38 AM »
Got a $149 32GB HP Touchpad during the firesale weekend last August.  Does everything I need it to do and more.

+1, especially if you load ICS on it

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 10:01:44 AM »

HD resolution on a screen that small doesn't do much for me.  The quality is already very high. Sure, it will be better but not enough to make me run out and buy a new one.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 08:33:52 PM »
ZFB said he has a difficult time keeping the screen on his ipad clean

Aren't those things tough to type on or do you all have dainty hands that spend a lot of time in dudes' mouths like 4never??

I've got a netbook w/a bigger keyboard for when I hang out by myself at restaurants (daily), but I couldn't mess with typing on an Ipad very often.  wuz goodie

Does MU still give you an email account on the VAX? 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 11:58:03 PM »
This is what Apple does...

They slowly release new features every year, so you always have a reason to upgrade. They never give you too much, but enough to lure you in...

I have an iPad 2. I love it, and use it everyday. 4G is a major upgrade from 3G (up to 10x faster), but I have a wifi-only, and don't want to add another data plan to my monthly expenses, so the 4G is a non-factor.

The resolution upgrade with the new iPad is noticeable, but how much it really matters is up to each person. The processor is faster, but still only a dual-core. I'm sure they're saving the quad core for the next release.

Probably the biggest difference is the quality of the camera (now 5 megapixels). But I never take pictures with my iPad. My phone has a 5 megapixel camera, and does everything I need.

Honestly if you are a first-time iPad buyer I'd get a new iPad 2 wifi-only for $399. Might be the best tablet value out there right now.

Bottom line...its not enough for me to upgrade.

MUFC9295

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 10:33:58 AM »

What he said.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 07:08:11 AM »
Just picked up the nexus 7, the new Google tablet, its fantastic and for $200, even better.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 11:34:36 AM »
+1, especially if you load ICS on it

Exactly.  My TouchPad is spectacular with ICS on it.
Relax. Respect the Process.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.  WiFi only, but never have a problem finding access. Been on the market about 2 months.  Came with ICS, rumored to be getting JellyBean in the next couple weeks. 
The size is convenient - I can slip it in a coat pocket.  The form is perfect for widescreen movies.  Not retina display, but plenty clear for watching anything you want.  I have a 32 gig SD card to hold movies, music and pix.  (I like the new Nexus, but it doesn't have a slot for an SD card.) Front and rear cameras. Makes a great ereader (I use Moon+ app).  I subscribe to the Chicago Tribune, get the e-edition sent to my email each morning.  Identical to the newspaper, touch an article to get a full page view.  Ditto with Time magazine.
Tons and tons of android apps.  Great build quality.  List price is only $249, but you can find them for around $200 (I paid $219 just after they came out).

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2012, 10:29:56 AM »
Most people go wifi. So many places offer it and 4g is going to cost you around $50 a month. wifi for sure. If you have an iPhone no doubt.

And if said iPhone is jailbroken, voila... free dumbed-down 3G for your wi-fi only iPad.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback