[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If MU had three McDonald's AA ...  (Read 11502 times)

TJ

• All American
Re: If MU had three McDonald's AA ...
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2012, 02:53:36 PM »
Two years ago, Scottie Reynolds was a legit POY candidate his senior year, and they imploded at the end of the year, failing to make it to the sweet 16 as a 2 seed after surviving the first round in OT.
They should not have won that game against Robert Morris U.  They were extremely lucky to limp away from that game with a W.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2012, 02:55:27 PM »
Randy Foye has had a nice NBA career.

Foye been ok. Certainly not worth the high lottery pick that was spent on him.

Real Chilly Podcast

• Starter
  • whassup marquette whassuuup?
    • Real Chilly Podcast
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2012, 05:24:17 PM »
Take a look at the Duke coach's first several years. In today's environment, he would have been fired before he ever became Coach K.

Same thing with John Wooden.

This is why I never blame any coach for looking out for No. 1. Loyalty no longer is reciprocal.

example... I was at Clemson for grad school in Oliver Purnell's last season (by the way, loved their student section shirts. front said, "You down with O.P.P.?" back said, "Oliver Purnell's Posse")... 

at Clemson, the writing was on the wall.  Purnell was a good recruiter. Trevor Booker was a stud, and in his last class Purnell landed "burger boy" bust Milton Jennings, who did nothing (Blue-esque) in his frosh year, Purnell's last year there.

there were grumblings amongst the alumni that Purnell was recruiting but not developing and coaching, as Clemson was spinning their wheels in the ACC, and likely would have been replaced after one more mediocre season (aided by Jennings' lack of development)... so he "looked out for No. 1" and bolted for DePaul while his name was still relatively untarnished

...could we see the same happen with Wright? taking a job at a bigger school before a firing tarnishes his reputation?
Listen to the Real Chilly Podcast on SoundCloud, iTunes, or Youtube.

Follow our twitter: @RealChillyPod

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 10:05:20 PM »
No I couldn't see it. Wright is a Philly guy who has turned down  opportunites already to take other jobs.

He isn't going anywhere and he isn't in danger of being fired anytime soon.

"...could we see the same happen with Wright? taking a job at a bigger school before a firing tarnishes his reputation?"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2012, 10:21:19 PM »
'Nova with three "burger boys" choked away the ND game.  Totally pathetic performance tonight.

Jay Wright is the BE version of Bruce Weber (Ill).  He has lost control of his team (like late last year) and they are vastly under-performing all their talent.

I know you're all going to tell me again how good a coach Wright is.  Fact is his team are not getting is done, not even close to getting it done.

Maybe Wright should move on as he seems to need a fresh start.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2012, 12:29:46 PM »
'Nova with three "burger boys" choked away the ND game.  Totally pathetic performance tonight.

Jay Wright is the BE version of Bruce Weber (Ill).  He has lost control of his team (like late last year) and they are vastly under-performing all their talent.

I know you're all going to tell me again how good a coach Wright is.  Fact is his team are not getting is done, not even close to getting it done.

Despite Villanova not playing with one of their better players last night, they took the 2nd place team in our league to overtime.  Bruce Weber's team lost by 30+ to the last place Nebraska team.  How then has Jay Wright lost his team like Bruce Weber has?  Wright has not lost his team, they are still playing for him which cannot be said of Chief Illiniwek U. 

If totally pathetic performance tonight means taking your undermanned squad out there and taking the 2nd place Big East team to OT then that is a curious use of the term.

Wright has a Final Four, an Elite 8 and a Sweet 16 in the previous five seasons.  If Buzz has two down years in the future, are you going to suggest he should move on for a fresh start? 
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2012, 01:16:32 PM »
Had Buzz not brought in the jucos from the beginning, his teams woulda sucked ass too. The departed sure as hell left the cupboard bare.

Who can ever forget the days of Kevin Menard?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2012, 01:37:27 PM »

Illinois??

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2012, 03:41:52 PM »
I think Buzz would be happy with one White Castle AA.