[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Vander Blue Man Group
[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: No Respect  (Read 7046 times)

MakeItRain11

• Scholarship Player
No Respect
« on: February 18, 2012, 07:37:33 PM »
Just watching College Game Day and the breakdown of the MU v Uconn game. Digger, Bilas and the other African American fellow (i only say this cause i forget his name at the moment) only talked about how bad Uconn looked.  not a single thing was said about how well MU played, specifically crowder and DJO. I dont know why I get so upset about this, but I am tired of MU getting no love. They make it seem like the only reason we won today is because Uconn played poorly. The way we played today we would have beaten many of the teams in the top 25.

MUMac

• All American
Re: No Respect
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 07:40:24 PM »
Just watching College Game Day and the breakdown of the MU v Uconn game. Digger, Bilas and the other African American fellow (i only say this cause i forget his name at the moment) only talked about how bad Uconn looked.  not a single thing was said about how well MU played, specifically crowder and DJO. I dont know why I get so upset about this, but I am tired of MU getting no love. They make it seem like the only reason we won today is because Uconn played poorly. The way we played today we would have beaten many of the teams in the top 25.

At least this will make godzilla a happy person ...

LON

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 07:44:26 PM »
At least this will make godzilla a happy person ...

Godzilla will need to talk with his niece before coming to a conclusion that it makes him happy.

/I will never let this meme die

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 07:49:49 PM »
We're playing great. We played great today. However, on a big-picture level our play in this game is kind of secondary to the fact that the defending national champions are in serious danger of missing the NCAA Tourney. In a show like College Gameday where they have a ton to fit into a limited period of time, I can understand telling the UCONN-failure story instead of the Warrior-victory story.

godzilla

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 07:53:50 PM »

You get upset about this because many MU fans have a bizarre inferiority complex and they need reinforcement from the media about how wonderful MU is.  They beat a fading UCONN team, and that UCONN team looked like they just flat-out gave up with a few minutes left.  And one of the Huskies players called out the team, so that's where the focus was.  ESPN showed both Crowder and DJO making shots, what more do you want?  Doris Burke can't be on ESPN every minute building MU up.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 07:55:33 PM »
We're playing great. We played great today. However, on a big-picture level our play in this game is kind of secondary to the fact that the defending national champions are in serious danger of missing the NCAA Tourney. In a show like College Gameday where they have a ton to fit into a limited period of time, I can understand telling the UCONN-failure story instead of the Warrior-victory story.
Agreed.  That is my take from today.  The lead in was this was the opportunity for UCONN to get a big win at home.  Their signature win.  They not only failed, but failed miserably.  They NEVER led.  Tied only one time.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 08:00:25 PM »
However, on a big-picture level our play in this game is kind of secondary to the fact that the defending national champions are in serious danger of missing the NCAA Tourney.

Except...they aren't. The bubble is really soft. UConn has 5 top-50 wins compared to only 2 sub-100 losses. They are still 8-8 against the RPI top-100. Their RPI after this loss is 26. Everyone thinks they're in danger, but they aren't. If the tourney started today, UConn wouldn't even be close to the last four in, much less the play-in games.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »
Marquette leads the BEast in biceps and heart.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 08:12:34 PM »
You get upset about this because many MU fans have a bizarre inferiority complex and they need reinforcement from the media about how wonderful MU is.  They beat a fading UCONN team, and that UCONN team looked like they just flat-out gave up with a few minutes left.  And one of the Huskies players called out the team, so that's where the focus was.  ESPN showed both Crowder and DJO making shots, what more do you want?  Doris Burke can't be on ESPN every minute building MU up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG0z_EALv6U
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »
To paraphrase The Rock:  "Way to know your role"!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »
Let's stay under the radar.  And keep winning.

MakeItRain11

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 08:24:19 PM »
Damnet! So you're telling me I have an inferiority complex from being a Marquette fan?  On top of this, I have a Napoleon complex because I am only 5'7......I guess these are my crosses to bear in life.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:02:25 PM by MakeItRain11 »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 10:53:40 PM »
Damnet! So you're telling me I have an inferiority complex from being a Marquette fan?  On top of this, I have a Napoleon complex because I am only 5'7......I guess these are my crosses to bear in life.

Oh, and one last one - you will never know love from the Godzilla.... sorry.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

DSEEagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 01:39:05 AM »
Actually, if anyone watched sportscenter just now, GameDay did a wrap up of todays action. Bilas did comment on how UCONN was one of the losers of the day because they played so poorly, but he did say Marquette is "a really really good team, and we picked them to win today." People EXPECTED us to win thats why it is not as much of a story. No one was praising Mizzou and Kentucky for winning today.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 02:07:06 AM »
Actually, if anyone watched sportscenter just now, GameDay did a wrap up of todays action. Bilas did comment on how UCONN was one of the losers of the day because they played so poorly, but he did say Marquette is "a really really good team, and we picked them to win today."

And by "we," Bilas means himself and Hubert Davis.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 11:53:35 AM »
Actually, if anyone watched sportscenter just now, GameDay did a wrap up of todays action. Bilas did comment on how UCONN was one of the losers of the day because they played so poorly, but he did say Marquette is "a really really good team, and we picked them to win today." People EXPECTED us to win thats why it is not as much of a story. No one was praising Mizzou and Kentucky for winning today.

+1000

The story is Ucon right now, not Marquette.  Defending national champion falling apart.  We do have an inferiority complex. 

Here's the video with Bilas giving us our due but talking about the national story which is clearly Ucon in disarray.  Sound quality poor

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7TTv_aKMrSU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7TTv_aKMrSU</a>
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 11:59:23 AM »
+1000

The story is Ucon right now, not Marquette.  Defending national champion falling apart.  We do have an inferiority complex

Here's the video with Bilas giving us our due but talking about the national story which is clearly Ucon in disarray.  Sound quality poor
Sweeping generalization.  In this thread, the OP was the only one that commented that way, the others gave similar responses about the story as you.  Yet, you sweep everyone with the OP.  Why?  I just don't get that.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 12:02:44 PM »
Sweeping generalization.  In this thread, the OP was the only one that commented that way, the others gave similar responses about the story as you.  Yet, you sweep everyone with the OP.  Why?  I just don't get that.

Well played, but on this board (not just this thread) that isn't the case.  Examples all over the place last night and this morning here about how we are somehow not getting the love we deserve.   My post to you earlier was about Ucon's board, not just one thread.  Are you still unimpressed with Notre Dame?   ::)
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 12:08:03 PM »
Well played, but on this board (not just this thread) that isn't the case.  Examples all over the place last night and this morning here about how we are somehow not getting the love we deserve.   My post to you earlier was about Ucon's board, not just one thread.  Are you still unimpressed with Notre Dame?   ::)
Again, sweeping generalization.  You make it seem as if it is widespread or most.  Sorry, don't buy that.  We must be reading different things.  When one person mentions the lack of respect angle, several others discuss the reason being UCONN's fall from grace as the national interest.  You retain only the former, without the latter. 

Yes, I am still unimpressed with ND.  They have been charmed, that is for sure.  Cuse at home without Melo, last night Nova without Wayns.  They are playing well, but I just don't buy the hype.  That get's a roll of the eyes from you.  Impressive.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 12:12:47 PM »

Note Dame still sucks balls.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

LON

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 12:12:52 PM »

We are but the lowly, unwashed masses only hoping to aspire to your all-knowing nuggets of levelheaded-ness...

/wanking motion

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 12:15:21 PM »

Note Dame still sucks balls.

+ 1kabillion.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 01:06:48 PM »
Greg Anthony was asked to pick a team outside the top 10 that can win it all and he picked MU.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 02:31:18 PM »
Greg Anthony was asked to pick a team outside the top 10 that can win it all and he picked MU.
Doesn't he know about Vander's inability to make layups and the cancerous effect of his disdain towards the ever-important slapping of five?

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2012, 02:43:44 PM »
Doesn't he know about Vander's inability to make layups and the cancerous effect of his disdain towards the ever-important slapping of five?

Why do you bring up Vander? Do you have something against him?
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com