Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

What baseball team do you support?

Chicago Cubs
36 (28.8%)
Milwaukee Brewers
44 (35.2%)
Chicago White Sox
18 (14.4%)
Minnesota Twins
3 (2.4%)
Other
24 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: OT: MUScoop Baseball Demographic Breakdown  (Read 25482 times)

MUDPT

• All American
Re: OT: MUScoop Baseball Demographic Breakdown
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2007, 09:42:58 AM »
Most of the new contracts signed by the Cubs are backloaded.  I don't know specifics on anybody, but they are.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2007, 08:11:16 PM »
one of the better articles I have read about the Brewers and what might be just as important as their record

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=134007&ntpid=1
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

MUCHI814

« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2007, 09:33:33 PM »
USA Today also has the Cubs under 100 Million, thats where i got my number.  People trying to take shots at Wrigley Field is pathetic, best stadium in baseball hands down.  I'd rather get hit with concrete at Wrigley than sit in an aircraft carrier with fireworks and dumbass promotions every half inning and little kids announcing the lineup, god that gets annoying.  Also, I like seeing a baseball game outside when its 55 degrees out in the spring or fall, no need for the roof then unless its raining.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2007, 11:08:38 PM »
USA Today also has the Cubs under 100 Million, thats where i got my number.  People trying to take shots at Wrigley Field is pathetic, best stadium in baseball hands down.  I'd rather get hit with concrete at Wrigley than sit in an aircraft carrier with fireworks and dumbass promotions every half inning and little kids announcing the lineup, god that gets annoying.  Also, I like seeing a baseball game outside when its 55 degrees out in the spring or fall, no need for the roof then unless its raining.

little kids announcing players is annoying? do you not have a soul, oh wait, your a Cubs fan, its answered...

thats annoying, but a celebrity singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame, disgracing the game and Harey Carey is fine?  That needs to stop in my mind, when you have Jeff Gordon calling Wrigley Field, Wrigley Stadium, yup, classy.  Or how bout others who don't sing the song correctly, thats fine, its in historical Wrigley Field, but kids getting the chance to pronounce players names, at, by all means a children's sport, is wrong.  Let me guess, on Sunday's when Miller Park lets the children run the bases after the game is over is annoying and wrong as well.  My goodness
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2007, 07:00:38 AM »

You Bafoon, are you nuts?  Miller Park is one of the most comfortable stadiums in the nation, Lots of legroom, always a cozy 68 degrees (Well usually) A team that doesnt pride itself on losing? 

You cub fans are all the same
"Wait till next year"
"Were Cursed"
"That damn Goat, why didnt they let him into the game"
"White Sox fans are trashy"
"Brewer Fans are Slobs"
"Wouldnt it be cool to play the Red Sox in the World Series"
"Were not like those other big market teams"
"I cant believe I got Chlymadia from that girl I met at Murphys Bleachers"

Listen CUB Fans quite priding yourself on losing and maybe I will respect you.

All you do is market yourself as lovable losers and hence that is why your attendance numbers are so huge.  Why? because people love losers who just cant quite reach their goal.  The Cubs is to "Ducky" of 16 candles fame, as the White Sox are to Danny (Ralph Macchio) of Karate Kid Fame.   And by that I mean the Cubs are the losers who pride themselves on being a loser and never getting the girls while the White Sox and even the Brewers are the losers that hate being a loser so they act like winnes and occasionally...guess what Cub fans...They WIN

How to make the Cubs a Winner
1. Keep Spending like the Cubs already are (Nothing wrong with spending, because the best teams spend)
2. Quit that whole take me out the ballgame shtick with the whole drunken love fest crap
3. Tear Down Wrigley and clean the slate.  Wrigley is associated with Losing Baseball!!!! Do what the Sox did and tear down the stadium and maybe you will get fans and players who are more excited for the game than they are to see the same Ivy that I can see growing on old buildings

Go White Sox
Go Brewers
Go Yankees
Go Dodgers

tonyreeder

« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2007, 10:58:07 AM »
I don't know if I'd be throwing stones if I couldn't spell buffoon and I made comparisons between characters in 16 Candles and The Karate Kid.   How many times have you seen 16 Candles?  If it's more than once you may want to check your manhood at the door.   It's a Molly Ringwald filmfest at NateDogg's this weekend.

MUCHI814

« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2007, 01:00:12 PM »
when I have kids I might want to hear them announce a lineup, but right now it just adds to the endless amount of bullcrap that goes on in Miller Park, if thats how the Brewers need to get fans there then so be it, but it's annoying.  Wrigley keeps it pretty plain and simple not too much to distract you from the game.  The Brewers win occasionally? They haven't made the playoffs in 25 years and they were having the "race to .500 a couple years back" are you kidding me?.  Even the Cubs have managed to make the playoffs 4 times in the last 25 years. And any fan ever priding themselves on losing is retarded it doesn't make any sense, I can't think of anybody that ever likes losing ever.  And for the White Sox, they have won 1 more World Series than the Cubs in a span of 106 years, with less playoff appearances and less pennants, so its not like the Sox are some storied franchise with this unbelievable tradition of winning, my god Sox fans after 1 World Series in 100 years start talking like they're the Yankees and they know the keys to success.

BigSky

• Starter
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2007, 01:08:44 PM »

Why can't you just enjoy your park?   ::)

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2007, 04:57:25 PM »
And for the White Sox, they have won 1 more World Series than the Cubs in a span of 106 years, with less playoff appearances and less pennants, so its not like the Sox are some storied franchise with this unbelievable tradition of winning, my god Sox fans after 1 World Series in 100 years start talking like they're the Yankees and they know the keys to success.

I think you're being more than just a tad misleading with your Cubs-Sox comparison here.
While it's true the Cubs have won more pennants, that's largely because of a nice little run they had been 1880 and 1910. While I have no doubt those who were alive shortly after the previous turn of the century took great pride in Cap Anson's go-getters, it's a kind of disingenuos to use those numbers to deflect criticism of Cubbie failure.

I'm not sure many of us Sox fans believe they're the Yankees, but it's pretty much undisputed which of Chicago's two franchises has been far more successful the past 25 years.

But don't feel bad -- you'll always have 1906.

HansMoleman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2007, 05:04:05 PM »

You cub fans are all the same
"Wait till next year"
"Were Cursed"
"That damn Goat, why didnt they let him into the game"
"White Sox fans are trashy"
"Brewer Fans are Slobs"
"Wouldnt it be cool to play the Red Sox in the World Series"
"Were not like those other big market teams"
"I cant believe I got Chlymadia from that girl I met at Murphys Bleachers"

Listen CUB Fans quite priding yourself on losing and maybe I will respect you.

I want the Cubs to win THIS year.
We're not cursed.
The billy goat thing is f***ing ridiculous.
White Sox fans are fine.
I would like to play anyone in the world series.

I wouldn't care if they tore down Wrigley Field and built a Three Rivers Stadium clone out in Schaumburg, as long as the Cubs won a world series!

Do you respect me Mr. Stereotype?  ::)  There are a lot more Cub fans that think like I do than you realize.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 05:06:10 PM by HansMoleman »

MUCHI814

« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2007, 05:56:14 PM »
Far better? Try maybe a little better.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2007, 07:10:22 PM »
Far better? Try maybe a little better.

Far better.
Since 1982 ...

Winning seasons: White Sox 15, Cubs 8
Division titles: White Sox 5, Cubs 3
Playoff series wins: White Sox 2, Cubs 1
Pennants: White Sox 1, Cubs 0
World Series titles: White Sox 1, Cubs 0
Games over .500 in that time: White Sox +155, Cubs -67

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2007, 09:45:38 PM »
Pakuni, you won 3 playoff series in '05.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2007, 10:04:27 PM »
Well stated Hans. Couldn't agree more.
GO WARRIORS!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2007, 10:41:34 PM »
Pakuni, you won 3 playoff series in '05.

D'oh.
Still getting used to that newfangled wild card thingamjig.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2007, 10:44:13 PM »
I really don't understand Cubs fans, let the Brewers have their time to shine. You had a chance a few years back and blew it...don't blame Bartman. I love hearing the little kid say the lineup for an inning...I enjoy that our park is kid friendly and that you don't have to pee in a damn trough.  I love watching the cubs and their fans. I had three very real cubs fans on my floor this past year and one of my friends is a huge cubs fan. earlier this season, i think the cubs were playing the Pirates and they were down by 1 in the bottom of the 9th. Instead of having hope in a comeback, they called what the next 4 batters would do in their plate appearances...and got 3 of them right which was kind of exciting but anyway...they said no way are we gonna win...it's just what happens to the cubs.

My other friend and I were talking in one of my classes, he respects the run the brewers are putting together, I kiddingly poked fun at his beloved cubs by using the lovely "completely useless by September" line and he changed september to spring training. Yeah, cubs fans love their team...and i'm sure they want them to win, but many of you loyal cubbies realize that your team does suck and just deal with it like all cubs fans do. I'm going to love it when the brewers are 9 games clear of everyone else in the central by the time the playoffs start and the cubs have dropped down into their nice little hole in 4th or 5th.

oh, and payroll by ESPN...
Cubs...99 mil
Crew...just under 72 mil

who's getting the better deal there??

bean

• Walk-On
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2007, 01:07:35 AM »
I can't believe fans are still arguing over which ballpark is better.  I thought this was already settled.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/08/31/fvi/index.html

feedback