collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Fred Thompson responds to Michael Moore...OMG funny  (Read 8413 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Fred Thompson responds to Michael Moore...OMG funny
« on: May 15, 2007, 01:27:58 PM »
Michael Moore challenged Fred Thompson to a debate on Cuba and Cuba's "great health care system" and here's Fred's response.

He just got my vote.

;D

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=611

« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 04:25:18 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

augoman

• All American
Re: Fred Thompson responds to Michael Moore...OMG funny
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 01:54:09 PM »
Great stuff!  He got mine, too!

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 02:19:42 PM »
Absolutely brilliant, and on more than one level.
Ludum habemus.

thekahoona

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 02:57:51 PM »

love the moore smack-down.

thought you might like this too:

it says: "beware the glare thompson '08
he wins or god help us all!"

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 07:56:27 AM »
Fred Thompson can't win in 2008----doesn't have the chrisma, the looks of a modern day candidate, nor does he have any record of governing.

IM, if the republicans are going to win in 2008 they will have to nominate a more moderate candidate like Rudy or Romney----these guys can sell to voters----as a Republican you just don't get elected mayor of NYC or Governor of Massachusetts unless you have extraordinary voter appeal.

The only time a "pure" conservative can win is after the liberals have screwed up badly----e.g. Reagan after Carter!

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 08:27:47 AM »
I'd disagree on the charisma part -- this video proves that. As someone who voted for both Gore and Kerry, every time I see them on a talk show or interviewed for something, I think, "had you displayed that personality on the campaign trail, you might have won!" Instead, they remained wooden, and let Bush be the one with "personality."

F. Thompson (do we need to specify which Thompson, or can we agree Tommy ain't even in this race?) seems to have great personality. Just like Bush. Bush never seemed to have a great grasp on the issues, but he had an everyman quality that people liked. I wasn't going to vote for him, but I always said I'd go have a beer with him. Still, I disagree with just about everything he's done and said, but I can't say he is lacking in a personal sort of warmth.

I know nothing of his policies, but as a face and personality, I like Thompson. He has a better chance than I think you give him credit for.
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 10:25:02 AM »
Fred Thompson can't win in 2008----doesn't have the chrisma, the looks of a modern day candidate, nor does he have any record of governing.

IM, if the republicans are going to win in 2008 they will have to nominate a more moderate candidate like Rudy or Romney----these guys can sell to voters----as a Republican you just don't get elected mayor of NYC or Governor of Massachusetts unless you have extraordinary voter appeal.

The only time a "pure" conservative can win is after the liberals have screwed up badly----e.g. Reagan after Carter!

Murff, the guy has charisma oozing...he's a man's man and men and women like that.  My wife just loves the guy.  He's also "folksy" enough that when he campaigned in Tennessee he drove the entire state in an old pick up truck...that's his way.  He's articulate, smart and a man of the people.  You are selling him quite short.

I'm hoping after last night's performance McLame is finally done.  Talk about a guy that can't win, it's McLame.  Giulliani did ok and Mitt again was rock solid.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 12:34:18 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

thekahoona

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 10:40:06 AM »
He's articulate, smart and a man of the people... 

his positions are steeped in a common sense approach that the vast majority of this country yearns for...he's fiesty, and doesn't back down or pander...  he's actually got a backbone.

he'll do well.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 11:58:30 AM »
The other thing that he has that will naturally play is that he is an actor.....it will draw automatic comparisons to Reagan.  Being compared to Reagan in this day and age is not a bad thing at all I think
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 01:57:32 PM »

you would want Rudy as president... honestly.. now is it just a republican winning over a liberal as to why you would want rudy guiliani(spellcheck)... in my eyes, Rudy is like Hillary, just awful.  Romney can't win since he is mormon(not going to get the evangelical vote if your mormon, sorry, not going to happen)....
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 04:03:24 PM »
The video showed spunk, but not much else. Moore said Cuba has a better health care system. Thompson said Castro is an evil man. I don't know anything about the former, and am pretty sure the latter is true. Still, as a rebuttal to Moore's claims, the video propped up an old straw man.

I've read that Thompson, in a letter, also brought up the fact that Castro flew in a Spanish surgeon for his recent ailments as a rebuttal. That's an honest retort. The video simply played on conservatives hate of Michael Moore but didn't offer any insight what-so-ever.

nate
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »
Chicos----thompson might sell in Tennessee or South Carolina but he won'y sell in Ohio or Floorida. The political center has moved to the left-----you can't fight that by nominating a conservative----we need a guy who has proven he can win in strongly Dem states------namely Rudy or Romney!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 11:28:01 PM »
Chicos----thompson might sell in Tennessee or South Carolina but he won'y sell in Ohio or Floorida. The political center has moved to the left-----you can't fight that by nominating a conservative----we need a guy who has proven he can win in strongly Dem states------namely Rudy or Romney!

Why?  He just has to make his case.  The Dems couldn't even handle 100 Branch Davidians for Christ Sake and that's what the GOP has to hammer home.  It's a dangerous world that the media and Dems don't want you to think is dangerous.  This is why they throw that canard out there that conservatives are just trying to "scare you".  A strong conservative has to make that case that it's still a very dangerous world and has been for decades, only now it has reached our shores.  Take your foot off their throats and don't be surprised what happens.  That message will resonate if someone with credibility states it.  Someone that is also TOUGH on immigration which 70% plus (including many Democrats...not the liberal ones) want something done.  Thompson is tough on immigration.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 07:24:10 AM »
As ideal as Thompson might be----the country isn't ready for a conservative right now-----GWB & Chaney aren't popular, scandals involving conservatives (Delay, Wolfewitz,) -----the reality is, that the best the republicans will be able to get away with in 2008 will me a more moderate candidate.

Plus Thompson has never governed----except for Kennedy, you have to back 100 years or so to find a president who hand no governing experience as a mayor, governor, or Vice President. Senators are almost extinct from going directly to the presidency-----except for Kennedy-----many have tried though!