[June 10, 2024, 07:34:38 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[June 10, 2024, 06:17:14 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Uncle Rico
[June 10, 2024, 05:59:32 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 10, 2024, 03:28:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Coach Williams' Comments Regarding Davante Gardner  (Read 6712 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Coach Williams' Comments Regarding Davante Gardner
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2012, 12:09:50 PM »
Or in a fire station.

Or a Fortune 500 company......ummm.....<slinks out of room>
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2012, 12:22:27 PM »
nt
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:23:58 PM by marqptm »

JD

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2012, 01:29:31 PM »
Or McDonalds!

(chirp, chirp)
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2012, 01:40:32 PM »
Or a Fortune 500 company......ummm.....<slinks out of room>

Or in a ballet company.........so there!
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 09:49:57 PM »
Is it this writer's reaction, or is Coach Williams offering some rather insensitive comments regarding Mr. Gardner?

Coach Williams, always is trying to be super-sentive, and usually prefaces his comments with statements like, "Don't mean this to be disrespectful ...", etc.

Yet, he refers to Davante Gardner, after his injury at Villinova, as something out of Sea World. Another time, Coach Williams said he could out-jump, out run and was in better shape than Gardner. Yesterday, Coach Williams indicated Mr. Gardner is just a fat guy who makes buckets.

Excuse me? Putting aside that Mr. Gardner also draws fouls, gets assists, rebounds, can shoot free throws, and seems to be particularly good in the proverbial clutch, these comments hardly seem sensitive, or supportive of one of your team members - an injured team member, no less.

Maybe, these comments were intended to be funny, where taken out of context, or are Coach Williams way of motiving Davante Gardner. However, coming from the Coach of a major college team (who also has a propensity towards chubbiness) seems, well, immature and insensitive ... particularly to an injured player.
It is bleeding hearts like you that prevent us from being called warriors.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 11:12:38 PM »
I agree that Buzz does seem to knock the players personally quite a bit.  And he often degrades them as per his comments about Otule, Gardner and Crowder.  There is no need for the head coach to be knocking the players.  What's the point?  is that why he recruited Durley, so he can knock him.

Excellent comments.  You obviously know far more about what is happening with the MU basketball team and what needs to be done than Coach Williams.  I suggest that this board start an immediate petition drive to have Coach Williams replaced by yourself.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2012, 11:19:06 PM »
Is it this writer's reaction, or is Coach Williams offering some rather insensitive comments regarding Mr. Gardner?

Coach Williams, always is trying to be super-sentive, and usually prefaces his comments with statements like, "Don't mean this to be disrespectful ...", etc.

Yet, he refers to Davante Gardner, after his injury at Villinova, as something out of Sea World. Another time, Coach Williams said he could out-jump, out run and was in better shape than Gardner. Yesterday, Coach Williams indicated Mr. Gardner is just a fat guy who makes buckets.

Excuse me? Putting aside that Mr. Gardner also draws fouls, gets assists, rebounds, can shoot free throws, and seems to be particularly good in the proverbial clutch, these comments hardly seem sensitive, or supportive of one of your team members - an injured team member, no less.

Maybe, these comments were intended to be funny, where taken out of context, or are Coach Williams way of motiving Davante Gardner. However, coming from the Coach of a major college team (who also has a propensity towards chubbiness) seems, well, immature and insensitive ... particularly to an injured player.

If you had been tracking all of Coach Williams comments about Gardner, then you would have seen his comments where he said that he was very mean to Davante, even in front of his parents, when he was recruiting him.  so Davante has no reason to be surprised by the most recent comments.  I'm sure that Davante is well aware that Coach Williams wants him at a lower weight, so that he can be even more effective as a basketball player, and that these comments are his way of keeping the pressure on for him to do so.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2012, 11:44:57 PM »
It's a sad world we live in where the people who cry outrage when someone calls another person a name are the same people who turn their heads when someone is getting beaten with sticks and stones.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2012, 12:19:08 AM »
Ask JFB how buzz's "mistreatment" turned out for him
No Finish Line

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2012, 12:27:30 AM »
I posted the following in April of 2010 when Davante was being recruited.

"What scares me about the video is the woman holding the "Beware of the Dog" sign.  She's quite heavy, and if she were Davante's mother, it would seem to suggest that Davante grew up in a household where there were psychological issues regarding food.  (i.e eating to relieve boredom, over serving food as a sign of love by the parent, not overeating seen as a sign of rejection by the child)  If that's the case, then a nutritionist and trainer will have will not be able to get Davante's weight down without help from a weight counselor.  My perspective on this is from knowing of a situation concerning an obese teen who had stomach stapling surgery."

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2012, 07:19:10 AM »
No time to reply, need to make trophies for everyone in my son's soccer league.  We're all winners!

Post of the week.

feedback