Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

SOTG?

JWill
114 (97.4%)
Crowder
0 (0%)
DJO
3 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: January 22, 2012, 08:15:27 PM

Author Topic: Providence SOTG  (Read 5638 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Providence SOTG
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2012, 09:11:19 PM »
I think it's a trick question.  Huge game for Jamil Wilson.

john31

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 09:23:36 PM »
I voted for J-Will, I really don't think there is any question about it but I thought the balance tonight was great. Did anyone thing Juan looked good out there tonight? I thought the game was moving just a little fast for him but he made up for it through good old fashioned hustle and athleticism. I think he will be really good for us in the future. It was also good to see DG work thought a bad game and still contribute......Maturity... Big Smoove..

kryza

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 09:25:24 PM »
How is this TBD? Easiest stud of the game decision in Big East play....J Wilson.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2012, 09:27:15 PM »
Milly WIlson
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

DCWarriors04

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2012, 09:36:08 PM »
Jamil Wilson...and it's not even close

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2012, 10:09:51 PM »
JWill's all around game adds new dimension, bodes well for BE and NCAA Tournaments. 

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 10:20:43 PM »
Anyone else suprised by the hops Mayo displayed on the missed dunk?  I was expecting a lay up based on where he lept from, but he just seemed to explode to the hoop. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 01:15:27 AM »
Wilson and Buzz Williams.  Buzz again benches Blue in critical moments which he needs to do.  Blue doesn't have the offensive firepower at this point in his career to be playing out there at times.  Buzz is progressing as a coach.

Can this board go one damn game without blasting this kid?  This thread is about SOTG.  If you don't believe Blue was the SOTG why even bring him up in this thread?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2012, 09:25:57 AM »
It has to be Jamil. But I want give kudos out to Mayo, Crowder and Anderson.

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2012, 09:40:12 AM »
These past two games have been the two best coached games of the year with players excelling in their roles and playing as a team.  Again, Crowder's, DJO's, Juniors's, and possibly Mayo's play were SOTG worthy,but because of the timing and breakout nature of J Wilson's play, I agree he was rightfully awarded SOTG.

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2012, 10:56:17 AM »
Glad to see Jamil to well I knew had had great potential since I saw him in his sophomore year of high school

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 02:32:42 PM »
Can this board go one damn game without blasting this kid?  This thread is about SOTG.  If you don't believe Blue was the SOTG why even bring him up in this thread?

Overreaction on nuclear steroids here and the other thread 

Where are all these supposed posts that people say Vander sucks?  I don't see them.  Instead, I see comments (legitimate ones) that say he is a good defender, not a great offensive player and has a marginal impact right now in his career.  This is a far cry from saying he sucks.  Buzz seems to agree.  Is Buzz a Vander hater?  He has pulled back his minutes and when he plays.  One of the best coaching moves Buzz has made this year.  Put your best five guys out there at the most important times, but certainly use all your assets (role players and others) to keep guys fresh.  Vander doesn't make that best five list, something most of us have known for a long time.  That doesn't mean we think he sucks.  Nor does it mean we hate him. 

Labwarrior's youtube videos were great over there.   ::)   If it's on YouTube it must capture all the plays and never the misses.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2012, 02:46:36 PM »
Overreaction on nuclear steroids here and the other thread 

Where are all these supposed posts that people say Vander sucks?  I don't see them.  Instead, I see comments (legitimate ones) that say he is a good defender, not a great offensive player and has a marginal impact right now in his career.  This is a far cry from saying he sucks.  Buzz seems to agree.  Is Buzz a Vander hater?  He has pulled back his minutes and when he plays.  One of the best coaching moves Buzz has made this year.  Put your best five guys out there at the most important times, but certainly use all your assets (role players and others) to keep guys fresh.  Vander doesn't make that best five list, something most of us have known for a long time.  That doesn't mean we think he sucks.  Nor does it mean we hate him. 

Labwarrior's youtube videos were great over there.   ::)   If it's on YouTube it must capture all the plays and never the misses.

Again, what in God's name does a gratuitous blast on the kid have anything to do with the SOTG vs. Providence?

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2012, 03:02:50 PM »
To Hoopaloop,

My point was simply that after every game, Vander is the most scrutinized player on the team and it permeates every (yes, i know this is hyperbole) thread on this board.  I do not have a problem with people having a negative opinion of him, but certain people need to stop beating the dead horse.  He is 19 years old, has made some questionable/bad decisions since coming to MU, and struggles offensively in a half court set. 

Why can't we just discuss these problems instead of saying (not your words, but others I have seen here) - "He's not good at basketball" "He is a punk" or "I wish he would have kept his commitment to Wisconsin"?  And why must someone attack Blue in a number of threads completely unrelated to him?  This thread was about the SOTG and he came up again.  Why?

leever

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2012, 03:51:07 PM »
To Hoopaloop,

My point was simply that after every game, Vander is the most scrutinized player on the team and it permeates every (yes, i know this is hyperbole) thread on this board.  I do not have a problem with people having a negative opinion of him, but certain people need to stop beating the dead horse.  He is 19 years old, has made some questionable/bad decisions since coming to MU, and struggles offensively in a half court set. 

Why can't we just discuss these problems instead of saying (not your words, but others I have seen here) - "He's not good at basketball" "He is a punk" or "I wish he would have kept his commitment to Wisconsin"?  And why must someone attack Blue in a number of threads completely unrelated to him?  This thread was about the SOTG and he came up again.  Why?

And furthermore, Tom Crean is not a good coach.