[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Louisville Game Thread  (Read 16149 times)

jmayer1

• All American
Re: Louisville Game Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »
You may have missed the last 2 Louisville games or epic fails...

So are you saying you were right, the game was over after 5 minutes? It was a stupid, reactionary, and emotional overexaggeration to a terrible, terrible first 5 minutes. It's like some of you forget how often teams make a run in basketball (especially in MU games--on both sides).

romey

• All American
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2012, 05:09:30 PM »
So are you saying you were right, the game was over after 5 minutes? It was a stupid, reactionary, and emotional overexaggeration to a terrible, terrible first 5 minutes. It's like some of you forget how often teams make a run in basketball (especially in MU games--on both sides).

Yeah, I wondered the same thing.  Is he trying to support his argument that the game was over in the first five minutes?

mviale

• All American
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2012, 05:10:27 PM »
all is good.  simmer down
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

mviale

• All American
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2012, 05:14:12 PM »
Going back to 2003, it has become dangerous for either team to have a huge lead (outside of when Diener was hurt).
didnt work our way against Syracuse and Vandy.  We cant count on that

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »
all is good.  simmer down

I'm actually quite calm. It's you and some other posters who wrote absolutely ridiculous things on the first couple pages of this thread when things obviously weren't going MU's way that really need to learn how to simmer down and be a little more rational.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2012, 05:34:29 PM »
I'm actually quite calm. It's you and some other posters who wrote absolutely ridiculous things on the first couple pages of this thread when things obviously weren't going MU's way that really need to learn how to simmer down and be a little more rational.
Is this your first time reading the in-game threads?  There is nothing in them except bitching and moaning about everything. 

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2012, 05:37:59 PM »
In case you guys lost track, I went back through the thread and HaywardsHeroes32 won going away in the negative post contest.

Seriously this thread should either be deleted because it is an embarrassment to our fanbase or pinned as an example of what the telltale signs of irrational idiotic "fan" syndrome are.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2012, 05:39:16 PM »

Calm? Rational? This is all about our very deep and, for many of us, very long emotional commitment to Marquette basketball. The time to calm down and think rationally is after the game. And even that isn't easy.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
Is this your first time reading the in-game threads?  There is nothing in them except bitching and moaning about everything. 

No, but I guess I just got to my tipping point. Way, way too many people jump off the deep end when MU has a bad stretch of play or drops a game or two. It just gets really annoying. Of course, that's the only time a lot of people post (not HeywardHeroes or Mviale though). Easy to complain when things are going great, but a lot harder to make positive posts when things are running smooth for some reason. Maybe people are a little spolied.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2012, 06:42:03 PM »
Calling people out by name about in-game thread is like taking pics in vegas. not cool

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2012, 06:45:35 PM »
Calling people out by name about in-game thread is like taking pics in vegas. not cool
Don't post stupid sh*t and you won't get called out. Saying a game is over with 35 minutes left is stupid. I'm done with this thread.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2012, 06:49:51 PM »
No, but I guess I just got to my tipping point. Way, way too many people jump off the deep end when MU has a bad stretch of play or drops a game or two. It just gets really annoying. Of course, that's the only time a lot of people post (not HeywardHeroes or Mviale though). Easy to complain when things are going great, but a lot harder to make positive posts when things are running smooth for some reason. Maybe people are a little spolied.
Agree 100%.  Lots of posters only show up when things are bad and are conspicuously absent when things are good.  I think it was Sultan that called them "Eeyores" in a thread a while back.  That's not a bad nickname for them, but I think Eeyore is way more upbeat and positive about his lot in life than are our negative friends. 

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2012, 07:27:07 PM »
didnt work our way against Syracuse and Vandy.  We cant count on that

What does that have to do with Louisville?   ::)

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »
Don't post stupid sh*t and you won't get called out. Saying a game is over with 35 minutes left is stupid. I'm done with this thread.

Just read the thread after watching the game on DVR.   Guess we haven't learned that the game is 40 minutes.

One other observation....at almost every opportunity, the cameras were on Pitino.  Does he have a special deal with ESPN?  It was kinda weird. 

slingkong

• Team Captain
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2012, 09:29:24 AM »

If you know what's going to be in the in-game threads and you know that you'll be annoyed, why read them? Or maybe put the constant complainers on mute with that handy ignore button.

feedback