Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: So....What are we ranked on Monday - 3/11/2024?  (Read 1007888 times)

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: So....What are we ranked on Monday - 12/9/19
« Reply #2600 on: December 16, 2019, 11:16:03 AM »
Only 2 top 25 teams, but another 5 receiving votes.  BEast will be a bloodbath.

https://apnews.com/APTop25CollegeBasketballPoll
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 11:20:19 AM by Its DJOver »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2601 on: December 16, 2019, 11:25:14 AM »
Tough to move up without playing for a week. Once conference season rolls around it'll be better
Maigh Eo for Sam

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #2602 on: December 16, 2019, 11:43:44 AM »
My guess is the earliest we get ranked is the week of January 6 (likely have to go at least 4-1 in that stretch to get into the ranking).

Tough to move up without playing for a week. Once conference season rolls around it'll be better

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #2603 on: December 16, 2019, 11:47:58 AM »
My guess is the earliest we get ranked is the week of January 6 (likely have to go at least 4-1 in that stretch to get into the ranking).

There is no way we get ranked if we lose 1 of the next 5. Need to go 5-0.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #2604 on: December 16, 2019, 11:56:50 AM »
I think if the loss was at Creighton, then maybe they would get to 25 or (there's also no clue what every other team does) but I was very tempted to say they will need to for sure go 5-0, but it could play out with a 4-1.

There is no way we get ranked if we lose 1 of the next 5. Need to go 5-0.

burger

• All American
Re: So....What are we ranked on Monday - 12/16/19
« Reply #2605 on: December 16, 2019, 02:47:00 PM »
With this team......What game are we "guaranteed" to win once the conference starts?

Just askin?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #2606 on: December 16, 2019, 02:52:45 PM »
With this team......What game are we "guaranteed" to win once the conference starts?

Just askin?

7/9 home games minimum

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2607 on: December 16, 2019, 03:43:57 PM »

Just askin?
There are no guarantees in life.   Suck it up.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2608 on: December 16, 2019, 03:50:32 PM »

Just askin?

KenPom currently lists every Big East game as either Tier A or B except home games against Providence and St. John's. Gonna be a bloodbath.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2609 on: December 16, 2019, 04:32:57 PM »
KenPom currently lists every Big East game as either Tier A or B except home games against Providence and St. John's. Gonna be a bloodbath.

we got this.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #2610 on: December 16, 2019, 08:17:20 PM »
Goal is National Championship

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2611 on: December 16, 2019, 09:05:46 PM »
7/9 home games minimum

Guru disagrees with your analysis.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #2612 on: December 23, 2019, 10:18:37 AM »
Dauster: 20 (21 last week)
Murray: 23 (25 last week)
Carino: NR
Blum: NR
Berman: NR
Bozich: NR
Davis: NR

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #2613 on: December 23, 2019, 10:21:45 AM »
Dauster: 20 (21 last week)
Murray: 23 (25 last week)
Carino: NR
Blum: NR
Berman: NR
Bozich: NR
Davis: NR

Beat Villinova, and then MU will be ranked, as I am not sure MU can beat Creighton, unless Markus goes off again there.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #2615 on: December 23, 2019, 10:32:16 AM »
DeCock has us at 18 (21 last week)

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #2616 on: December 23, 2019, 10:34:01 AM »
Beat Villinova, and then MU will be ranked, as I am not sure MU can beat Creighton, unless Markus goes off again there.

If Creighton doesn't shoot well they are very beatable. Even if they shoot well, we could dominate on the glass and beat them.

Coleman

• All American
Re: So....What are we ranked on Monday - 12/23/19
« Reply #2617 on: December 23, 2019, 11:15:31 AM »
9 of 10 Big East teams ranked or receiving votes in today’s AP poll

MuMark

• All American

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #2619 on: December 23, 2019, 11:24:16 AM »
9 of 10 Big East teams ranked or receiving votes in today’s AP poll

Only Providence did not get a vote this week.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2620 on: December 23, 2019, 12:02:23 PM »
If Creighton doesn't shoot well they are very beatable. Even if they shoot well, we could dominate on the glass and beat them.

I think we match up a lot better with Creighton than we did last year. Loved Joey's offense but whatever Jay he guarded last season was basically a free three points every possession. This season we can throw out long and moblie guards and wings like McEwen, Sacar, Greg, Cain, and Bailey on all of their shooters and force them to drive into the paint where they are still good but not elite....and our paint defense has been elite this season.

As famous as they are for their three point shooting, they have at least 1 non-shooter on the floor at all times that our three headed monster can guard. If Mintz comes back and is shooting well then they can go into their patented 5 out offense.

The one thing I worry about in the Creighton game is who Markus guards. Last season Zegarowski was human and Markus could handle him. This season I'm afraid he will shoot over Markus every possession. He's too small too handle Ballock, Alexander, or Mahoney so he has to guard Zegarowski unless one of their backups (or Mintz if healthy) is on the floor. Markus is a solid defender but Zegarowski has become one of the elite offensive players in the country and slowing him down is a huge ask for anyone.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #2621 on: December 23, 2019, 12:07:21 PM »
Zegarowski is shooting 65% on his 2 pointers.........he's 6'2!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2622 on: December 23, 2019, 12:14:39 PM »
I think we match up a lot better with Creighton than we did last year. Loved Joey's offense but whatever Jay he guarded last season was basically a free three points every possession. This season we can throw out long and moblie guards and wings like McEwen, Sacar, Greg, Cain, and Bailey on all of their shooters and force them to drive into the paint where they are still good but not elite....and our paint defense has been elite this season.

As famous as they are for their three point shooting, they have at least 1 non-shooter on the floor at all times that our three headed monster can guard. If Mintz comes back and is shooting well then they can go into their patented 5 out offense.

The one thing I worry about in the Creighton game is who Markus guards. Last season Zegarowski was human and Markus could handle him. This season I'm afraid he will shoot over Markus every possession. He's too small too handle Ballock, Alexander, or Mahoney so he has to guard Zegarowski unless one of their backups (or Mintz if healthy) is on the floor. Markus is a solid defender but Zegarowski has become one of the elite offensive players in the country and slowing him down is a huge ask for anyone.

Superb analysis, TAMU. Thanks for all the knowledge on Creighton.

I'm really looking forward to that first week of conference play. We will be in Chicago, visiting our 5-month-old grand-twins (and their parents). Will watch the Creighton game at a nearby establishment, and we're going to the Nova game -- probably our only home game of the season. (Hoping to go to Georgetown.) If we're ranked 2 weeks from now, it will mean we had a great first week of January!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #2623 on: December 23, 2019, 12:44:36 PM »

I'd put Markus on Ballock. They present some problems with three great shooters. You can't help off any of them. Mahoney looks good, but I don't think he's a lights out 3 pt shooter. Let Jefferson shoot as many 3s as he wants. Deny the lobs to Bishop and he's not a threat to score. I'm most worried about turnovers. Creighton doubles a lot and we seem to have a whole roster of guys that give away possessions too easily.

monkeyman34

• Starter
« Reply #2624 on: December 23, 2019, 01:21:02 PM »

Sounds like we should roll with a Symir, Greg, Sacar, BB, Theo lineup

feedback