Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Otule Cleared?  (Read 6485 times)

ringout

• Team Captain
Re: Otule Cleared?
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 02:15:30 PM »
Lmao, Does Sultan have anything better to do than argue with people?  Everytime I'm reading comments it seems you're always giving your objective opinion and throwing insults in there as well.  How do you dress yourself in the morning?

Can't wait for this "educational" I'm about to receive.

You're an idiot.  Sultan is one of the most rational members of this board. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 02:30:19 PM »
Lmao, Does Sultan have anything better to do than argue with people? 

Not today.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 02:46:21 PM »
Lmao, Does Sultan have anything better to do than argue with people?  Everytime I'm reading comments it seems you're always giving your objective opinion and throwing insults in there as well.  How do you dress yourself in the morning?

Can't wait for this "educational" I'm about to receive.
I'm surprised it's taken you this long to give your two cents about this.  Not that you've given it except to rail on Sultan, but given that you and CO arelikethis, I've wondered why you don't just clear it all up for the rest of us.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 02:53:27 PM »
I'm surprised it's taken you this long to give your two cents about this.  Not that you've given it except to rail on Sultan, but given that you and CO arelikethis, I've wondered why you don't just clear it all up for the rest of us.
[/quote  Huh? Must have missed when Duguaine implied he and CO were justlikethis? Too cute.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 02:59:09 PM »
[/quote  Huh? Must have missed when Duguaine implied he and CO were justlikethis? Too cute.

Here you go ATWiz.  Two of his posts from a couple weeks ago.

17     MUScoop / Hangin' at the Al / Re: Still no update on Otule?    on: December 09, 2011, 09:21:30 AM
I spoke with Chris last night, and he doesn't even know how long.  So we can't jump to any timeframes quite yet.
 Reply  Quote  Notify
18     MUScoop / Hangin' at the Al / Talking to the man himself otule    on: December 08, 2011, 08:48:31 PM
I know there's multiple post, however I wanted everyone to know Chris himself said he wasn't sure of a timeframe yet on how long he'll be out.  He said he'd keep me posted.

Seems to me he could clear this all up.

5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 03:01:42 PM »
Thanks House.  did miss it.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2011, 03:11:01 PM »
That sounds ambiguous.  "not necessarily season ending" ="also possibly season ending". 

Ambiguity keeps open the option to take a medical red shirt.  If MU gave a timeline of 4-6 weeks, the NCAA wouldn't grant a medical waiver for an extra year of eligibility if Chris sat the rest of the year voluntarily.  But he could probably - in theory - opt for another full year of eligibility rather than play the rest of the year at 80% if he so desired.  It's not like his post-MU options playing basketball are numerous at this point.... why not live the dream of D-I ball a bit longer if he wants to?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2011, 03:42:37 PM »
Ambiguity keeps open the option to take a medical red shirt.  If MU gave a timeline of 4-6 weeks, the NCAA wouldn't grant a medical waiver for an extra year of eligibility if Chris sat the rest of the year voluntarily.  But he could probably - in theory - opt for another full year of eligibility rather than play the rest of the year at 80% if he so desired.  It's not like his post-MU options playing basketball are numerous at this point.... why not live the dream of D-I ball a bit longer if he wants to?
He can probably play overseas in any number of leagues...nothing to sneeze at. 

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2011, 03:50:59 PM »

Because it hurts our scholarship table?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2011, 03:58:05 PM »
The real question is whether he can play without reinjuring it. That one no one knows the answer to. Right now apparantley he can be granted a 6th year. He comes back and gets reinjured he losses the 6th year. I rather have the 6th year.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2011, 03:59:19 PM »
What would really be helpful is stories from posters about injuries.  Lets keep the descriptions of knee injuries coming; how they happened, what kind of PT was involved, how well they could get around before surgery, how long before they had an MRI, ETC.  
Just a few dozen more and I think we'll be in a position to know exactly how this will play out.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2011, 04:04:29 PM »

Last I knew, Dwight Burke and Ousmane Barro were playing professional basketball in South America and Poland, respectively. I'm sure there'll be a team somewhere that could use a 6'11" former D1 player if Otule chooses to go that route post-graduation.

JD

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2011, 04:25:09 PM »
Oh i appologize, I guess it's a HUGE deal to know a D1 basketball player who goes to MU.  I suppose I should feel a little more entitled shouldn't I, especially with the scholars on here who (I assume) are alumni?

::)
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2011, 04:53:13 PM »
He can probably play overseas in any number of leagues...nothing to sneeze at. 

Come on guys... I get that.  If Chris wants to play ball, he can probably do so for many years.  I grew up with a kid who was a mediocre basketball player in HS and college (D-III) and he's been playing overseas since college simply because he's 6'7" and probably isn't qualified to run the fryer at McDonalds.  (I'm pretty sure many of us could latch on with an overseas team, but we'd be the ones not getting paid to play.)  Moreover, it probably wouldn't be a very desirable lifestyle for a lot of us given that we don't have an obsession with playing basketball (we just obsess ourselves with those that do).

The point I was trying to make is that if basketball is what he wants to do, it's not like Chris is in a hurry to graduate and get his name into the NBA draft because his stock is going down... all he can do at MU is get better, so why not maximize that time if that's his goal.  If he wants to go overseas, he can do so just as easily in 2-1/2 years as he can 18 months from now.  Or, he may be anxious to put his college degree to work in another year and so he doesn't care about another year of eligibility.  Bottom line, is that he has all of those options on the table for his choosing.  If surgery isn't going to happen and a timeline for return this year (albeit not at 100%) was already given, then he forgoes one of those options.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2011, 05:12:29 PM »
The real question is whether he can play without reinjuring it. That one no one knows the answer to. Right now apparantley he can be granted a 6th year. He comes back and gets reinjured he losses the 6th year. I rather have the 6th year.

He can be granted a 6th year, that doesn't mean he would be granted a 6th year. With Otule's history, it seems like he'd have a decent shot, but the NCAA would be fully within their rights to deny him as well. I'd love to get an extra year out of CO, but if they don't feel surgery will be necessary and the risks are no greater of him playing now or waiting until Fall, I say take him back now while he can contribute rather than banking on the generosity of the NCAA.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 05:34:35 PM »
Come on guys... I get that.  If Chris wants to play ball, he can probably do so for many years.  I grew up with a kid who was a mediocre basketball player in HS and college (D-III) and he's been playing overseas since college simply because he's 6'7" and probably isn't qualified to run the fryer at McDonalds.  (I'm pretty sure many of us could latch on with an overseas team, but we'd be the ones not getting paid to play.)  Moreover, it probably wouldn't be a very desirable lifestyle for a lot of us given that we don't have an obsession with playing basketball (we just obsess ourselves with those that do).

The point I was trying to make is that if basketball is what he wants to do, it's not like Chris is in a hurry to graduate and get his name into the NBA draft because his stock is going down... all he can do at MU is get better, so why not maximize that time if that's his goal.  If he wants to go overseas, he can do so just as easily in 2-1/2 years as he can 18 months from now.  Or, he may be anxious to put his college degree to work in another year and so he doesn't care about another year of eligibility.  Bottom line, is that he has all of those options on the table for his choosing.  If surgery isn't going to happen and a timeline for return this year (albeit not at 100%) was already given, then he forgoes one of those options.
Ok  not what I got out of your original post but reasonable.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 05:40:19 PM »
He can be granted a 6th year, that doesn't mean he would be granted a 6th year. With Otule's history, it seems like he'd have a decent shot, but the NCAA would be fully within their rights to deny him as well. I'd love to get an extra year out of CO, but if they don't feel surgery will be necessary and the risks are no greater of him playing now or waiting until Fall, I say take him back now while he can contribute rather than banking on the generosity of the NCAA.

My understanding is that it is up the conference to review the medical documentation, not the NCAA, since he currently meets the game qualifications.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2011, 05:43:07 PM »
If any of our fellow bloggers will be at the game tonight, can you do a real-time post on what CO is doing in pre-game activities?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 05:45:23 PM »
We need Chris this year. In two years we will be great without him, no need to risk the chance he doesnt get a redshirt. Get him prepped and ready to play by Gtown that is when we need him. This teams ceiling is so much higher with his body down low. Im confident that DG and Jamil will be well improved in two years along with Taylor, Burton etc...

Get Chris ready to play a little vs Nova and hopefully for real vs the big road tests.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2011, 06:24:36 PM »
Crazy thought: Otule should do what HE wants to do.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2011, 07:21:26 PM »
Just like Cadougan.  He needs to do whatever he feels is best.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2011, 07:25:03 PM »
Is Chris out there in warm ups?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2011, 07:32:26 PM »
Oh i appologize, I guess it's a HUGE deal to know a D1 basketball player who goes to MU.  I suppose I should feel a little more entitled shouldn't I, especially with the scholars on here who (I assume) are alumni?

Easy there jersey chaser.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2011, 07:36:14 PM »
Is Chris out there in warm ups?

Chris is in street clothes.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2011, 07:43:00 PM »

Pretty defensive aren't you?  You're the name dropper. If you know him, what's he say about coming back?

5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.