[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Can we schedule Kentucky next year?  (Read 2598 times)

MarquetteFan94

• All American
Can we schedule Kentucky next year?
« on: April 05, 2007, 10:42:49 PM »
After reading all the garbage about MU and Crean the last few days on their message boards I would love to give them another smackdown...even if we have to go to Rupp....

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
Re: Can we schedule Kentucky next year?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 10:48:52 PM »
I'm with you on this one.......

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 11:51:00 PM »
Perhaps not next season, but how about in 2008?

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=ap-bigeast-secinvitational&prov=ap&type=lgns

Big East/SEC invitational set for next season

April 5, 2007

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) -- The Big East and Southeastern Conference will match up for men's basketball games each of the next four years.

The Big East/SEC Invitational will start in December with four games over two nights at two sites, all televised by either ESPN or ESPN2, the leagues and ESPN Regional Television announced Thursday.

In this year's games, West Virginia will play Auburn on ESPN2 and Georgetown faces Alabama at the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center on Dec. 5. ESPN will televise the second game.

The following night, South Carolina meets Providence on ESPN2. LSU and Villanova will follow in an ESPN game

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 09:05:36 AM »
where is the other site? It's says one is Birmingham, but didn't list the opther one. it should be in North to make it fair.

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 09:07:55 AM »
The northern Site should be the Meadowlands or the Garden. Marquette should try to get in on this next year and play the games at Miller Park.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 11:24:18 AM »
The northern Site should be the Meadowlands or the Garden. Marquette should try to get in on this next year and play the games at Miller Park.

There was an article a while back about trying to get Miller Park as host of the Final Four. One of the big problems was heating. It would be an even bigger issue in December than it would in April.

But if they can manage it, that would be great.

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 11:30:05 AM »

There was an article a while back about trying to get Miller Park as host of the Final Four. One of the big problems was heating. It would be an even bigger issue in December than it would in April.

But if they can manage it, that would be great.

The even bigger problem about the final four in Milwaukee is that there are not enough hotels here to support how many people the NCAA needs in Milwaukee.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

feedback