Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette vs. Norfolk State -- PLEASE UPDATE SCORE HERE  (Read 8166 times)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Re: Marquette vs. Norfolk State -- PLEASE UPDATE SCORE HERE
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2011, 09:50:34 PM »
It's the 4th game on his soph year. Most frosh. have more downs than ups.

I think expectations from some of you guys are just a little skewed.

He's a nice player with good potential.

Very true. He was a five star kid.  I was expecting that he would comfortable with a layup and he is not. Great defense though. Got to him him that
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2011, 09:53:29 PM »
Despite his issues, he made some nice plays toward the end of the game.  He fought through it, which is something he didn't do last year.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2011, 09:57:59 PM »
Very true. He was a five star kid.  I was expecting that he would comfortable with a layup and he is not. Great defense though. Got to him him that

You will enjoy watching him more if you just forget his high school stuff. None of that matters. None. Zero.

Just watch him now, and see what you think. I think he's a pretty good soph. with potential to be a very good college player.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2011, 09:58:39 PM »
Despite his issues, he made some nice plays toward the end of the game.  He fought through it, which is something he didn't do last year.

No he didn't. I don't call pickin up a loose ball and passing it to someone for a dunk a nice play. And his defense isn't that great. D wilson's defense is way better. Keep making excuses for him, he's a below average player. He may be a slightly above average player by his senior year.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2011, 10:00:26 PM »
No he didn't. I don't call pickin up a loose ball and passing it to someone for a dunk a nice play. And his defense isn't that great. D wilson's defense is way better. Keep making excuses for him, he's a below average player. He may be a slightly above average player by his senior year.

How about the pass to Gardner to give us the lead again?  Or are you just one of those people who will never give credit to Blue?

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2011, 10:01:44 PM »
You will enjoy watching him more if you just forget his high school stuff. None of that matters. None. Zero.

Just watch him now, and see what you think. I think he's a pretty good soph. with potential to be a very good college player.

He is ok. It is just frustrating to see how much he struggles on offense:finishing around the basket, shooting, and decision making. I see the physical ability but the offensive skill is so low.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2011, 10:06:08 PM »
He is ok. It is just frustrating to see how much he struggles on offense:finishing around the basket, shooting, and decision making. I see the physical ability but the offensive skill is so low.

I fully acknowledge that he's a bit of an enigma. No doubt.

However, it seems like a lot of people are silent when he plays well, and LOVE piling on when he doesn't.

cj111

• Starter
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2011, 10:07:43 PM »

No one was lighting it up tonight; Blue will be just fine, and I suspect Buzz had him in at the end for a reason.  It was a bad game all around, and the best thing to do is move on and don't look back.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2011, 10:14:48 PM »

However, it seems like a lot of people are silent when he plays well, and LOVE piling on when he doesn't.

I'll give credit where credit is due. The kid is really athletic. He just doesn't know how to use it yet. Around this time last year, I would have never thought Junior would be a better offensive player than Blue but he is. Hopefully, he just keeps at. he is going to continue to frustrate me because he is no where remotely close to how good he could be.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2011, 10:28:05 PM »
I'll give credit where credit is due. The kid is really athletic. He just doesn't know how to use it yet. Around this time last year, I would have never thought Junior would be a better offensive player than Blue but he is. Hopefully, he just keeps at. he is going to continue to frustrate me because he is no where remotely close to how good he could be.

You're right... but neither is Jamil Wilson, Jamail Jones or even Gardner (who still looks lost on defense).

I just hate to see several people pile on a kid who is 4 games into his soph. year. We are smarter than that. We know player develop at different rates.

C'mon people.

godzilla

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »

Part of that is the fact that he hasn't been a model citizen at MU (understatement of the year) and is hard to root for, in all honesty.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2011, 10:35:21 PM »
Part of that is the fact that he hasn't been a model citizen at MU (understatement of the year) and is hard to root for, in all honesty.

Save it!! And I hope this was your last post here, D'bag.  ::)
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2011, 10:37:42 PM »

I guess I get that...

If he was scoring 40pts per game, he'd probably be "forgiven".

I guess that's just life.

feedback