Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: #17 in Coaches Poll  (Read 2879 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Re: #17 in Coaches Poll
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 12:51:39 PM »
Michigan is DRASTICALLY overrated, and Pitt lost to Long Beach St. at home.  No way either team is better than MU right now.  Oh well, it's not like these polls matter.  Just some extra motivation.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 12:51:58 PM »
CBS RPI has some interesting choices for the top 10.  I didn't know that Cal. State Bakersfield is having a return to glory.  

Also interesting that they have Norfolk St. at 17 in the RPI and MU at 22.  Apparently our first victory was not convincing enough.  We have to try to win by 60 tonight.  

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 12:56:45 PM »
CBS RPI has some interesting choices for the top 10.  I didn't know that Cal. State Bakersfield is having a return to glory.  

Also interesting that they have Norfolk St. at 17 in the RPI and MU at 22.  Apparently our first victory was not convincing enough.  We have to try to win by 60 tonight.  

It's not like they "have" anyone anywhere in the RPI. It's just a cold, numerical, flawed calculation that is entirely meaningless 4 games into the season.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 12:59:43 PM »
It's not like they "have" anyone anywhere in the RPI. It's just a cold, numerical, flawed calculation that is entirely meaningless 4 games into the season.

What he said. And the AP rankings in that link are last weeks rankings. The AP hasn't released their week 3 poll yet.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 01:15:50 PM »
Honestly the one that gets me the most is KU at 14. They are probably being looked at as losing to UK but KU looked absolutly AWFUL in that game. Even UK played pretty damn poor and they still won that game with ease.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JTBMU7

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 01:24:57 PM »
Michigan is DRASTICALLY overrated, and Pitt lost to Long Beach St. at home.  No way either team is better than MU right now.  Oh well, it's not like these polls matter.  Just some extra motivation.
Michigan will get exposed this week playing in Maui. Beilein has a weak system/defense and i think the Big Ten teams are catching on... they'll drop out of the top 25 in a week and be living on the bubble the rest of the season.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 02:56:39 PM »

Norfolk gets points for playing a tougher team on the road......MU.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 02:57:21 PM »

Michigan is beating Memphis at the half.

boyonthedock

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 03:16:43 PM »
remember, our record counts 50% of rpi for norfolk state it only counts 25% for MU. so how good mu is counts double for Norfolk.

MountainCreekHouse

• Starter
  • Danktatoes
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 04:16:58 PM »

Michigan beats Memphis handily. I still think MU is a better team than Mich, but Idk about Memphis..
Farva:"Give me six Schlitzes."
O'Hagan: "Take it easy, Rod."
Farva: "Open bar, dude!"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 04:25:30 PM »
Michigan beats Memphis handily. I still think MU is a better team than Mich, but Idk about Memphis..

Yup.  Michigan's a good team.  But I do agree that they aren't a top 15 team.  I think Memphis is the team that is vastly overrated.  And I thought that before today's game.  I commented on this in a thread last year, but I taped all of the "ESPNU All Access: (Insert team name here) Basketball" shows last year and was the least impressed with Memphis's and Pastner...and it wasn't even close.  Obviously the things they showed were different for all of the schools, but all of them had some sort of practice/prep, and Memphis's looked like a 6th grade parochial school team's practice.  It was a joke.  And their prep for the practice might have been worse.  Just Pastner walking into a meeting room with his assistants and saying "So what should we work on today?"  Seemed like they were just filling a 2 hour (or however long) practice just to fill it, rather than figuring out where their weaknesses are and working on those.  Practice with a purpose.  They did not.  Pastner's obviously a great recruiter, but he seemed like he was just a friend of the kids rather than a coach.  Maybe I'll be proven wrong someday.  He's still young and learning.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback