collapse

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Joe Paterno Exit  (Read 21126 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Joe Paterno Exit
« Reply #175 on: November 11, 2011, 06:54:11 PM »
I am sure this was mentioned before but isn't it odd that in 13 years one of the top guys in college coaching never was offered a job. Honestly I think this goes beyond PSU and everyone in the business knew about this freak. Barry Switzer is probably right on all PSU staff but it might go far further than just the inner circle.

Wouldn't it be something if NCAA officials had heard rumors and never acted on it. They get involved in ticky tacky stuff and just possibly they ran from the biggest sports scandal of all time. A 55 year old man at the top of his profession being black balled is fishy to me.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #176 on: November 11, 2011, 09:26:37 PM »
I am sure this was mentioned before but isn't it odd that in 13 years one of the top guys in college coaching never was offered a job. Honestly I think this goes beyond PSU and everyone in the business knew about this freak. Barry Switzer is probably right on all PSU staff but it might go far further than just the inner circle.

Wouldn't it be something if NCAA officials had heard rumors and never acted on it. They get involved in ticky tacky stuff and just possibly they ran from the biggest sports scandal of all time. A 55 year old man at the top of his profession being black balled is fishy to me.

Are you sure he was "blackballed" or did he, either through the negotiation of his "retirement" or his own decision, make it so that he would not take another job?  I haven't seen anything that addresses exactly what happened.  I definitely have not seen anywhere that is factual that states he was "blackballed".

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #177 on: November 11, 2011, 09:28:41 PM »
I still contend that game should not be played tomorrow, at least not in Happy Valley. It's basically inviting an angry mob into a confined area. I hope I'm wrong. If Nebraska blows the game open, it could get real ugly.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2011, 08:50:10 AM »
MuMac--My thought is that a two time assistant coach of the year retiring at 55 and never being mentioned for a job is fishy to me. Possibly others heard rumors and that scared them away or possibly it is deeper. I pray that this issue does not grow into a bigger thing but my fear is that this is much bigger than our imagination.

College sports is such big business and schools hire bad guys all the time and yet this creep never received a phone call from anyone. Hate to say it but Barry Switzer seems to be the most honest guy to come out from the coach fraternity.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2011, 10:44:48 AM »
MuMac--My thought is that a two time assistant coach of the year retiring at 55 and never being mentioned for a job is fishy to me. Possibly others heard rumors and that scared them away or possibly it is deeper. I pray that this issue does not grow into a bigger thing but my fear is that this is much bigger than our imagination.

College sports is such big business and schools hire bad guys all the time and yet this creep never received a phone call from anyone. Hate to say it but Barry Switzer seems to be the most honest guy to come out from the coach fraternity.

My thought is that he was made to retire and under the circumstances, not going to coach again.  Although, he did interview for the Virginia job that went to Al Groh.  That was after he "retired".  He did not get the job, as Virginia felt his heart was not in to coaching.   

Whichever way it occurred, this is a truly disturbing situation all around.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #180 on: November 12, 2011, 10:55:45 AM »
This is a side of the financial exposure for Penn State that I admit I hadn't considered.  http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/6931fd44-0cb6-11e1-a45b-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1dVjsdalF  Moody's may downgrade their debt rating.  That could cause problems for Penn State.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2011, 11:41:10 AM »
That link only took me to the Financial times website.

Here is a Business Week article about it.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-11-11/penn-state-debt-may-be-cut-by-moody-s-on-child-sex-abuse-scandal.html

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2011, 02:11:30 PM »
That link only took me to the Financial times website.

Here is a Business Week article about it.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-11-11/penn-state-debt-may-be-cut-by-moody-s-on-child-sex-abuse-scandal.html

I guess you needed to register on the site.  Sorry about the link.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2011, 01:07:54 PM »
What?  No riot?  No forfeit?  Geez.

feedback