'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 04:54:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Boise State Gains Approval to Join Big East  (Read 1124 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Boise State Gains Approval to Join Big East
« on: November 03, 2011, 08:44:42 PM »
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7186814/idaho-state-board-education-gives-boise-st-ok-join-big-east

The Idaho State Board of Education has approved Boise State moving to the Big East, provided the Big East creates a Western Division. If I had to guess, for football, I'd assume they would put Boise, Houston, SMU, Air Force, BYU, and Louisville, if they all accept. Then UCF, USF, UConn, Rutgers, Navy, and Cincy in the East. If there's no BYU, I'd guess the Big East either offers Temple or Memphis as #12, and either Cincy or Memphis ends up in the West.

Sounds like invites are going out tomorrow...about time the conference did something. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I think tomorrow could be a great day for the Big East, and help insure its survival in the BCS era. Now if we could just get a forfeiture of future TV revenue clause in there, we'd be golden.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
Re: Boise State Gains Approval to Join Big East
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 11:12:59 PM »
Agreed, in light of the western division byu is the football play if they'd accept.

I'm torn if they don't. I'd really rather have temple than Memphis personally, but I'm not sure I like cincy and lville getting shifted out west to lose more connection with the rest of the conference.

You  are right on the forfeiture of tv rights, but it's a chicken and the egg. One of the networks is going to have to step up and offer a deal that gets the football teams much closer to the b12 payout in exchange for forfeiting tv rights, and then see if everyone will sign on. We passed on 1.4 billion for 9 years, so I hope we had a pretty firm discussion going at some level that we might get more.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).