collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Spanish OD's still suck  (Read 7301 times)

Freeport Warrior

• All American
Re: Spanish OD's still suck
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 02:43:47 PM »
My new favorite is this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxNJJgs08Xg

Big props to the donors for participating.
Exactly. A little goofy, but very well done. Impressed that the rich geezers would participate. It's not like it can't be done. I saw an MU engineering video last week that was very impressive.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 03:46:02 PM »
The thing that all of these groups have in common is that they are narcs for their Universities. You're not an idiot are you? It's obvious that most of these are University approved. Just because it is on YouTube doesn't mean it isn't push marketing. I'm not buying any of it. These kids are just pawns in the game sucking from the 15 minutes of fame teet.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 04:33:28 PM »
Missing the point, but then again, I'm an idiot. Don't know how you took the leap to inferring that I think everything on youtube is organic, amateur-produced content, but whatever. University approved or not, some of these videos are horrendous and some "get it." I don't think the SODs get it. It is my stupid opinion that they actually think this is good. Take the Steve Novak "wow" factor out of this video and my 12-year old could do this. I am not kidding. It would be funny and impressive for a 12-year old. I work in advertising and have seen college kids (and high schoolers, for that matter) produce some pretty amazing videos with an old iMac and a Canon SLR. My last dying wish is that the SODs would transfer and produce these videos for UWM.

Sincerely, Grumpy old Douchebag living a miserable life in my retirement home.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 04:57:35 PM »
Missing the point, but then again, I'm an idiot. Don't know how you took the leap to inferring that I think everything on youtube is organic, amateur-produced content, but whatever. University approved or not, some of these videos are horrendous and some "get it." I don't think the SODs get it. It is my stupid opinion that they actually think this is good. Take the Steve Novak "wow" factor out of this video and my 12-year old could do this. I am not kidding. It would be funny and impressive for a 12-year old. I work in advertising and have seen college kids (and high schoolers, for that matter) produce some pretty amazing videos with an old iMac and a Canon SLR. My last dying wish is that the SODs would transfer and produce these videos for UWM.

Sincerely, Grumpy old Douchebag living a miserable life in my retirement home.

Self absorbed much? I don't recall quoting or referencing any of your posts. Just because my post followed yours doesn't mean it is a direct response. Come on now.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 05:02:26 PM by Blue Horseshoe »

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 05:09:58 PM »
Self absorbed much? I don't recall quoting or referencing any of your posts. Just because my post followed yours doesn't mean it is a direct response. Come on now.
Fair enough. Who exactly was the "idiot", you were referring to?

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2011, 05:23:36 PM »
Fair enough. Who exactly was the "idiot", you were referring to?

Just a rhetorical question. I think they are more of a puppet to the University than they realize. As artists it comes down to do they write and make songs that they want to do, or that the University wants them to do? Regardless, as many have noted, they're not very talented.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 02:00:41 AM »
Just a rhetorical question. I think they are more of a puppet to the University than they realize. As artists it comes down to do they write and make songs that they want to do, or that the University wants them to do? Regardless, as many have noted, they're not very talented.

If they don't realize the university is using their talents for promotional purposes, they're pretty stupid.

This video had game film that the university had to provide for them, since there isn't any women's soccer highlights posted on YouTube, and the "Buzzin'" video from during the basketball season was shot in the practice gym in the McGuire Center, which isn't open to the public.

This is without even getting into the on camera participation of the student athletes which only happened with the permission of the university.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

LON

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 07:19:06 AM »
If they don't realize the university is using their talents for promotional purposes, they're pretty stupid.

This video had game film that the university had to provide for them, since there isn't any women's soccer highlights posted on YouTube, and the "Buzzin'" video from during the basketball season was shot in the practice gym in the McGuire Center, which isn't open to the public.

This is without even getting into the on camera participation of the student athletes which only happened with the permission of the university.

Pay the players SOD's!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2011, 08:42:14 AM »
The thing that all of these groups have in common is that they are narcs for their Universities. You're not an idiot are you? It's obvious that most of these are University approved. Just because it is on YouTube doesn't mean it isn't push marketing. I'm not buying any of it. These kids are just pawns in the game sucking from the 15 minutes of fame teet.

I don't think you know what a narc is.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 10:19:37 AM »
I don't think you know what a narc is.

I have no evidence that they use their University pull to the detriment of others. I wouldn't put it past them to call public safety if they smelled smoke in a hallway. Just saying.

We're the SOD's. Remember kids if you see something, say something.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:27:38 AM by Blue Horseshoe »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 01:47:18 PM »
We hate the Spanish Odonnells.

We are the 99%.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2011, 02:11:19 PM »
I have no evidence that they use their University pull to the detriment of others. I wouldn't put it past them to call public safety if they smelled smoke in a hallway. Just saying.

We're the SOD's. Remember kids if you see something, say something.

Newest SOD hit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfy-2ulKskA

MU_LOL

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2011, 02:41:55 PM »
SODs to the big 12.

This is hilarious
I'm Ron Burgundy?