[Today at 02:33:33 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MUbiz
[Today at 02:30:22 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Redshirt Scott Christopherson?  (Read 7494 times)

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Redshirt Scott Christopherson?
« on: October 27, 2006, 02:33:37 PM »
OK, let me start this by saying that I have never seen Christopherson play -- this is purely a post based on the potential makeup of the 2007-2008 roster.  For the sake of this post, I'll figure that Dominic James is returning to MU next season -- if he goes, this discussion is moot.

Projected Guards, 2007-2008
- Matthews
- McNeal
- James
- Acker
- Cubillan
- Christopherson

6 guards.......and a 'point forward'-type of player in Fitz, not to mention an outsider shooter in Hayward.  You could argue that MU will have an 8 guard rotation next year.

Does anybody think SC will be a redshirt candidate?  (again, purely based on the overload in the backcourt)  Or Cubillan?  (realizing that Acker's eligibility will decrease his role as a backup PG)

anyway.......thought it might be an interesting discussion

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
Re: Redshirt Scott Christopherson?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 03:06:22 PM »
If DJ stays, I think it would be a great idea.  We'll have the depth and the shooters to be able to absorb sitting Scott for a year.  I've never seen Scott play either but the idea of teaming a player like Scott with Nick seems an awful lot like Diener & Wade!!

Is it me or does it seem like Coach Crean is recruiting a lot of athletic 3's & 4's?
1 - DJ & Lil Mo
2 - Jerel & David
3 - Wes & Fitz
4 - Lazar & Burke & Trend & Hazel
5 - Barro & Mbakwe

I wouldn't mind seeing it... granted I would like to see the best of both worlds and somehow we get DJ to stay and Saunders to commit (w/o losing Trevor or Nick or Lazar and keep the three amigos intact).
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 03:34:18 PM »
Isn't this the life.. having to worry about such decisions as this!  ;D It wasn't but a few years ago where we were wondering who was going to step up to fill these roles!  :o
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

MUCrisco

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 03:35:03 PM »
He would probably be a good redshirt candidate, based upon what you said.  I guess a ton could happen between now and then, but I would think being able to redshirt someone, and add an extra year would be nothing but good.  I don't want to chance your topic, but with all of these guards, I hope we see a lot more full court pressure, and trapping.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 04:01:55 PM »
Amen, Crisco.......gimme a team that delivers 40 minutes of hell

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 08:48:09 PM »
He would probably be a good redshirt candidate, based upon what you said.  I guess a ton could happen between now and then, but I would think being able to redshirt someone, and add an extra year would be nothing but good.  I don't want to chance your topic, but with all of these guards, I hope we see a lot more full court pressure, and trapping.

I think we will see a lot of pressure defense, maybe not 40 minutes of hell but definitely picking guys up at the half court line and forcing a lot of traps.  Our biggest weakness at this point in time is the 4 position when it comes to defending.  Pressure defense and trapping will help hide that weakness and maybe turn it into a strength.  I really like hearing that Hayward is one of our better rebounders.  He should be able to outquick players at the 4 and be able to run and gun.