Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Last night was awesome  (Read 8280 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Last night was awesome
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 12:10:02 PM »
Anyone notice the posters they gave out of the men's team for this season?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 01:21:31 PM by mupanther »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 01:22:31 PM »
Nobody. This was a huge topic one year ago on this board.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 01:53:16 PM »

I saw it but didn't get one. Too bad, it was pretty slick.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 01:56:18 PM »
The posters are awesome this year,great pics of all the players in the baby blues with the schedule going down the side.
Even the wife said this was the best Madness she's been to.  

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 02:00:33 PM »
Remember last year when 1250 WSSP was ripping MU a new one because the poster made MU look like a bunch of thugs. The poster this year, goes out of it's way to make the players have a happy face on. There faces look like something on Nickelodeon.

I do llike where the schedule has the teams logos.
-Bill Walton

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 09:19:12 AM »
NBA players intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg-asuPDjvs

Just got around to watching this last night...awesome.  I've got to think that it was very impressive for recruits to sit there and see a bunch of kids who are "living the dream" that came through the program.  It helps that one is widely considered one of the best players in the league; another went undrafted, but through hard work has parlayed his talent into an amazing success story; and two that many would have never thought would get drafted, but were turned into first round picks while at MU.  A great, great recruiting tool, and I'm really glad they pulled it off.  I'm sure other programs had a lot of their pros there too, and that it made for an impressive spectacle, but the fact remains that the recruits who were at MU on Friday didn't see those.  Did OJ Mayo show up?

I don't know when I'm going to find the time to watch the entire archived event, but it's on the list of things to do.  I just wish it was on youtube and no flash player was required.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 09:55:41 AM »
Remember last year when 1250 WSSP was ripping MU a new one because the poster made MU look like a bunch of thugs. The poster this year, goes out of it's way to make the players have a happy face on. There faces look like something on Nickelodeon.

I do llike where the schedule has the teams logos.

WSSP is a laughing stock.  They look like "Thugs" because they aren't the whitebread boys from down the interstate.

Veiled racism at its finest.  They just recycle the same story every year.

Slim

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 10:05:41 AM »
Just got around to watching this last night...awesome.  I've got to think that it was very impressive for recruits to sit there and see a bunch of kids who are "living the dream" that came through the program.  It helps that one is widely considered one of the best players in the league; another went undrafted, but through hard work has parlayed his talent into an amazing success story; and two that many would have never thought would get drafted, but were turned into first round picks while at MU.  A great, great recruiting tool, and I'm really glad they pulled it off.  I'm sure other programs had a lot of their pros there too, and that it made for an impressive spectacle, but the fact remains that the recruits who were at MU on Friday didn't see those.  Did OJ Mayo show up?
I don't know when I'm going to find the time to watch the entire archived event, but it's on the list of things to do.  I just wish it was on youtube and no flash player was required.

There was no mention of OJ and he didn't participate in any festivities. Todd tweeted his brother would be there so maybe he was there for JFB's birthday and to talk with the team and recruits, or maybe he didn't show up.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 10:59:23 AM »
Right before the dunk contest started, Todd came over to the press table and asked a woman if his family had shown up yet, and she told him they hadn't. (The lady had a list with all the family members who were supposed to be in attendance for all the players and coaches.) I don't think they ever made it to Madness, or if they did, they didn't go sit with the rest of the parents and families. 

feedback