[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 29 years ago today...  (Read 206666 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: 29 years ago today...
« Reply #650 on: October 16, 2022, 05:52:47 PM »
Sh ite even. But anything that works to detract from your hypocrisy I guess.

LOL. Anything that works to distract us from the fact that you’re making sh!t up (again), I guess.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #651 on: October 16, 2022, 06:18:02 PM »
LOL. Anything that works to distract us from the fact that you’re making sh!t up (again), I guess.

First post, in defense or 4ever:
Being OK with the nickname “Warriors” means one stands against “basic human decency”? LMFAO. You couldn’t have made 4ever’s point better if you tried.
Crystal clear what that makes you, no figuring out necessary.
Very next post, criticizing Newsie’s English:
Evidently “you’ll don’t like” real English.
Buy yeah, it's not that you are a hypocrite, it's that I'm making things up!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #652 on: October 16, 2022, 07:05:13 PM »
First post, in defense or 4ever:Very next post, criticizing Newsie’s English:Buy yeah, it's not that you are a hypocrite, it's that I'm making things up!

I didn’t defend 4ever’s English, I defended his very obvious point - (to all but the bat crap crazy) - that supporting a nickname like Warriors, Braves, Chiefs, etc., did not make one an enemy of basic common decency.

My mocking Newsie’s English and your spelling had zero, zilch, nothing to do with that point. It was just a bit of fun. So there was no connection, except in your confused head, between the two. Your attempt to turn it into an hypocrisy was silly. Your doubling down on it went beyond silly. FFS, quit while you’re behind.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #653 on: October 16, 2022, 07:53:54 PM »
in Marquette’s university seal is a Native American in a canoe with the explorer Marquette. Something similar to the attached pic.  Should that be dropped? I’d say no…that’s an accurate depiction of what took place at the time. Bravo to MU for not changing that. I understand Marquette’s past imagery around Warriors made it tricky to keep ‘Warriors’ as the nickname. But, the options presented were pathetic. Golden Eagles? Please. Not sure what would have worked…maybe retain Warriors with no mascot. Do we need one? Regardless, Warriors / Marquette is forever a footnote.

Outside of the fact that you missed that MU dropped this image, how on earth would you know if this is an accurate depiction?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #654 on: October 16, 2022, 09:00:03 PM »
Outside of the fact that you missed that MU dropped this image, how on earth would you know if this is an accurate depiction?

Those writing history never include fables to show themselves in a better light.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #655 on: October 17, 2022, 06:42:33 AM »
Being OK with the nickname “Warriors” means one stands against “basic human decency”? LMFAO. You couldn’t have made 4ever’s point better if you tried.

Crystal clear what that makes you, no figuring out necessary.

Racism is a strange hill to die on.  So is caring about a mascot that hasn't been a part of the program in almost 30 years.

Mascots are for kids... you do know that, don't you?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #656 on: October 17, 2022, 06:58:25 AM »
in Marquette’s university seal is a Native American in a canoe with the explorer Marquette. Something similar to the attached pic.  Should that be dropped? I’d say no…that’s an accurate depiction of what took place at the time. Bravo to MU for not changing that. I understand Marquette’s past imagery around Warriors made it tricky to keep ‘Warriors’ as the nickname. But, the options presented were pathetic. Golden Eagles? Please. Not sure what would have worked…maybe retain Warriors with no mascot. Do we need one? Regardless, Warriors / Marquette is forever a footnote.

Hold on a second, are you seriously saying that a painting done in 1869 is an accurate depiction of an event that occurred TWO HUNDRED years earlier?  Were you around to see the events that occurred?  Yikes, man.

Also, Marquette changed the seal. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #657 on: October 17, 2022, 07:01:45 AM »
I didn’t defend 4ever’s English, I defended his very obvious point - (to all but the bat crap crazy) - that supporting a nickname like Warriors, Braves, Chiefs, etc., did not make one an enemy of basic common decency.

My mocking Newsie’s English and your spelling had zero, zilch, nothing to do with that point. It was just a bit of fun. So there was no connection, except in your confused head, between the two. Your attempt to turn it into an hypocrisy was silly. Your doubling down on it went beyond silly. FFS, quit while you’re behind.

Sure it does.  It means you don't respect people or what they would or would not like to be called.

Basic human decency.  I guess it's a bridge too far for you though.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #658 on: October 17, 2022, 07:56:57 AM »
For my birthday, my son bought me a great t-shirt commemorating the 2003 Final Four run for the Marquette Golden Eagles. In the middle of the shirt is the Golden Eagles symbol MU featured back then.

There was a time when I wouldn't have worn it because, dammit, we were Warriors back in my day!

But reality is reality. They were the Golden Eagles when they made that great run in 2003, and people my son's age (mid-30s) and younger have only known us as the Golden Eagles.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #659 on: October 17, 2022, 07:58:23 AM »
That ship sailed almost as long ago as the Titanic.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #660 on: October 17, 2022, 07:59:20 AM »
That ship sailed almost as long ago as the Titanic.   

Some people love living lives as victims
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #661 on: October 17, 2022, 09:11:43 AM »
Sure it does.  It means you don't respect people or what they would or would not like to be called.

Basic human decency.  I guess it's a bridge too far for you though.

You disrespect actual people here all the time. And you call them degrading names no one would like to be called.

But you’re all about people’s feelings when names meant to honor rather than degrade make some of those folks feel like victims.

Now there’s some real, first class hypocrisy - so typical, so sad!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #662 on: October 17, 2022, 09:35:46 AM »
Some people love living lives as victims

Some people lump the world into two groups - oppressors and victims - based on gender, race and other accidents of birth. They are constantly guilty about being one or angry about being the other. The most pathetic of the guilty are angry on top of their guilt - on behalf of the groups they condemn to a life of victimhood.

Others view everyone they meet as individuals of equal worth who deserve to be treated as such.

For those who choose the former I feel genuinely sorry.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #663 on: October 17, 2022, 09:36:42 AM »
You disrespect actual people here all the time. And you call them degrading names no one would like to be called.

But you’re all about people’s feelings when names meant to honor rather than degrade make some of those folks feel like victims.

Now there’s some real, first class hypocrisy - so typical, so sad!

Because individuals who don't deserve respect don't get it.  You and your old nerds literally hunted down my name and history, and tried to get another poster here fired.  I've called you guys old, nerdy, or dumb.  Toughen up, snowflake.  Please explain why any of you deserve any respect.  You went from a decent person on this board to a total jackass in under five years.  Read your post history.  Is that the person you want to be?  It's probably time for some self reflection so you don't end up spiraling like rocket.  4elder is just a dude doing a character (sad in its own way) but you're just being you.  And right now, it's not a great look.

The 'meant to honor' BS is exactly that. BS.  It's racism plain and simple.

I know you're getting older, but this isn't difficult to understand. 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #664 on: October 17, 2022, 10:13:06 AM »
Some people lump the world into two groups - oppressors and victims - based on gender, race and other accidents of birth. They are constantly guilty about being one or angry about being the other. The most pathetic of the guilty are angry on top of their guilt - on behalf of the groups they condemn to a life of victimhood.

Others view everyone they meet as individuals of equal worth who deserve to be treated as such.

For those who choose the former I feel genuinely sorry.
Says a lot from my perspective....very simplistic unrealistic view of the real world.
Goal is National Championship

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #665 on: October 17, 2022, 10:38:34 AM »
Says a lot from my perspective....very simplistic unrealistic view of the real world.

Yeah, life and relationships are way more gray than that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #666 on: October 17, 2022, 12:02:03 PM »
You behind
https://today.marquette.edu/2022/02/board-of-trustees-approves-updated-university-seal-that-honors-catholic-jesuit-tradition-and-indigenous-nations/

Okay, I am belatedly outraged.

I knew they changed the seal, but did not know they dropped "Numen Flamenco" ("God and the River Dance") for "Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam" ("To the Greater Glory of Advertising Majors")

Fortunately, despite my outrage, I am too lazy to change my signature.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #667 on: October 17, 2022, 12:06:07 PM »
Okay, I am belatedly outraged.

I knew they changed the seal, but did not know they dropped "Numen Flamenco" ("God and the River Dance") for "Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam" ("To the Greater Glory of Advertising Majors")

Fortunately, despite my outrage, I am too lazy to change my signature.
Understandable

tower912

• All American
« Reply #668 on: October 17, 2022, 12:08:45 PM »
I always thought it referenced a Seinfeld character's pink bird.

Newman flamingo.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #669 on: October 17, 2022, 12:12:37 PM »
I will admit…I definitely missed that.

Yep. 13 students were offended, so…
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #670 on: October 17, 2022, 12:32:10 PM »
Yep. 13 students were offended, so…

Marquette is great in leading the way about such things.  Better to have changed it now at the first signs rather than have to explain why it wasn't changed the next time someone is offended.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #671 on: October 17, 2022, 12:35:48 PM »
Yep.  Really need to study up on Jesuit teachings and philosophy.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #672 on: October 17, 2022, 01:13:31 PM »
Because individuals who don't deserve respect don't get it.  You and your old nerds literally hunted down my name and history, and tried to get another poster here fired.  I've called you guys old, nerdy, or dumb.  Toughen up, snowflake.  Please explain why any of you deserve any respect.  You went from a decent person on this board to a total jackass in under five years.  Read your post history.  Is that the person you want to be?  It's probably time for some self reflection so you don't end up spiraling like rocket.  4elder is just a dude doing a character (sad in its own way) but you're just being you.  And right now, it's not a great look.

The 'meant to honor' BS is exactly that. BS.  It's racism plain and simple.

I know you're getting older, but this isn't difficult to understand.

LOL. The idea that I “hunted down your name and history” is 100% a lie. I have no idea what your name is or what you do other than what I’ve read (from yourself and others) on this board. The idea that I ever tried to get anyone (on this board or anywhere else) fired from their job is likewise 100% a lie.

Need to judge people you don’t even know to feel good about yourself? That’s sad enough.

Need to lie about people to justify your judgements? That’s even worse.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #673 on: October 17, 2022, 01:23:40 PM »
LOL. The idea that I “hunted down your name and history” is 100% a lie. I have no idea what your name is or what you do other than what I’ve read (from yourself and others) on this board. The idea that I ever tried to get anyone (on this board or anywhere else) fired from their job is likewise 100% a lie.

Need to judge people you don’t even know to feel good about yourself? That’s sad enough.

Need to lie about people to justify your judgements? That’s even worse.

I said you and your friends here.  The people you surround yourself with.  The dudes you've met in person and defend breathlessly in your posts.  Pay attention, goldfish.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #674 on: October 17, 2022, 02:49:29 PM »
Yep.  Really need to study up on Jesuit teachings and philosophy.
Is there such a thing?

feedback